Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Tonight's selection for the "Idol of Millions"!!!!

Sadly the OG idol of millions has been reduced to the Idol of a few by Marvel.....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So true Mantis Girl. I wouldn't put too much hope in Bendis with the Thing. Maybe things will be better since one of his favorite characters, Luke Cage, is not in GOG. It really irked me how he lobbied to get Ben into his New Avengers and then he played second stringer there to Luke Cage and just about everyone else on the team. I remember on one fight he told Ben to sit it out and then took less powerful characters with him. Ben had more experience on a team and leading one, like he did for a while in FF. He was also in the military while Luke is an ex-con. Ben is stronger than he is but you'd never know it from the way writers portray him.

Anyway, here's another portrait of Ben by Mike Deodato that is a favorite of mine plus an original Jack Kirby pin up from an early issue of the Fantastic Four. Notice how it says he is the strongest man like creature on the face of the Earth. This was most likely before the debut of the Hulk.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

Marvel Two-in-One v1 #51, 1979 - A friendly poker game among super-heroes is interrupted by a full scale attack on SHIELD. Wonder Man, The Beast, Ms. Marvel and the Thing join Nick Fury in defending the compound.

BANNED

Frank Miller's lively, kinetic style works especially well throughout the story. Page layouts, panel sequencing and figure placements are meticulously designed. One of his more innovative scenes employs playing card shapes to frame individual characters

Mantis Girl, Iron Maiden, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear, every image posted is awesome !!!

The close up on the beautiful blue eyes, the perfect team-up with kid Franklin - no need to comment a Kirby pin-up ! always amazing of course... - and, last but not least, Marvel Two In One 51 - such a great forgotten childhood memory !

Thanks to you all !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Slott's Thing title was so damn good.
    I'd love for him to take another crack at him.

Stuart Immonen on art.
    It's funny you mention that run because I just ran across #1-8 and enjoyed it.Did Marvel ever merge Ben with a Guardians of the Galaxy storyline. I would love to see him trading insults with Rocket and going up against Drax. I always felt the individual parts of the FF team deserved better runs in their own storylines but don't seem to get the love from the fans for very long when they do.
    Last edited by alton; 01-27-2016 at 08:55 PM.

BANNED

Default Happy 47th Birthday Tony Harris!

Cover art by Tony Harris

BANNED

Smile Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Thing Valentine

BANNED

Happy Birthday Ron Wilson!!!

By Ron Wilson and Frank Giacoia.

BANNED

Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7, in which Cosmic Elder the Champion of the Universe challenges all of Earth mightiest heroes to a boxing match:
    Page from Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7 (1982); script by Tom DeFalco; pencils by Ron Wilson; inks by Bob Camp, Mike Esposito, Frank Giacoia, Dan Green, Armando Gil, and/or Chic Stone; colors by George Roussos, letters by Jim Novak

BANNED

But it's only Mister Grimm who can go the distance in the ring, round after round.

The Thing brings into four-color life that famous saying by Winston Churchill: "Never, never, never give up."

BANNED

Alongside with Superman vs. Muhammad Ali, it's one of the greatest comic book boxing stories of all time.

And it ends in a draw.
    http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.nl/2010/01/looking-back-with-ron-wilson.html

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Thanks for posting 616! Agree; one of the best boxing fights ever!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

My Favorite Thing/Hulk Fight:
    thingvhulk1.jpg

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Dwayne Glenn McDuffie!!!