All-New Member

Default Very Fine Fantastic Four 46 (1ST black Bolt)- 2" Chip(?) on Cover From Marvel?

I have a really nice copy of Fantastic Four #46 - I'd guess it's a NM except for a weird 2" chip? along the top edge. Is this from Marvel during printing? How badly does it hurt it's grading?
    Thanks all!

COMIC A A COMIC GROUP A A _ FANTASTIC FOUR 46 1A_AA.jpgCOMIC A A COMIC GROUP A A _ FANTASTIC FOUR 46 1BAAA.jpgCOMIC A A COMIC GROUP A A _ FANTASTIC FOUR 46 2AAA.jpg

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If there is an reliable LCS in your area, I would ask there first but not to sell it to them. Just to get a quick idea. I would check places for previous auction results to, like on eBay or mycomicshop

Here is a link I did at mycomichops using the issue name, publisher and era (pre-1970) since the FF title has rebooted their numbering several times since the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby era. So this should give you some idea of the value. then there is the comic grading system to deal with where some third party gives a professional assessment of the value, etc. You have to pay for and then decide if the cost of grading against the possible selling price is worth it or not.

Mycomicshop will also sell ungraded comics but I think there are some conditions for that on this page as option 4. I've never dealt with that but it may be worth at least making inquiries.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-01-2020 at 10:18 AM.