Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Imagine if he adapted the fetish.
    On one hand, he'd actually be easier to subdue since he'll never counterattack and even if he does, he'll always miss. OTOH...no one should ever deal with something even remotely like Darkness. No one.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Darkness one does present an interesting setup. But I believe that Doomsday would end up taking a wide berth from her. He may be adaptable, but it doesn't mean he would want to adapt to that kind of thing. lol

But yeah, once you get to a certain point with Doomsday, you kind of have to hit that high mark to do him in. Because if memory serves right, pre-Flashpoint, he got to the point where he put a fully realized Superman to shame, was sentient, and zipping through space doing whatever. So, at the very least, kind of need to go God of Destruction level, if not greater, to truly do him in. Because using the Hakai even erases the dead. Zeno's is on a far higher scale; being able to effect a being that had spread not only through the universe, but through time as well. Including that timeline's multiverse.

Below that, I'm certain its possible. Just such a character isn't coming to mind.

And Washu, the other Choushin, and most certainly Kami-Tenchi are on a higher plane of existence.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Two Questions:

How strong are the strongest version of Doomsday's adaptive/regenerative abilities?
    I think it would Hunter/Prey Doomsday where he was adapting to different forms of attack in seconds, manifesting new powers in the fly and regenerating from being almost cleaved in two again in seconds.

Would BFR / Dimension Dumping be acceptable as permanent shutdowns?
    To my knowledge, yes. I can't think of a version of DD that has ever shown the ability to teleport.

Incredible Member

To kill doomsday is relatively easy.

Turn it's regenerative abilities to detect it's own body as a problem and have it attack itself.

So any super anime doctor with good research notes could infect doomsday with essentially cancer.

Well, to reach into some more obscure places....

I'm not seeing what Doomsday can do to Gagamaru Chougasaki from Medaka Box. His ability, Encounter, let's him redirect any damage that might hit him to anywhere else (and he can choose the location). So the more Doomsday ramps up, the more damage Doomsday takes, until Doomsday hits a point he can take himself out.

I am assuming that Doomsday is not going to try and mentally out-maneuver Chougasaki, anyway. Seems counter to the character.

To go with Medaka Box some more, Chougasaki's pals Shibuki Shibushi or Misogi Kumagawa could possibly win as well. If Shibuki Shibushi manages to hit Doomsday with her ability, Scar Dead (which is noted to work after her death), he will suffer from all previous wounds reopening, both physical and mentally. That might cause too much trauma for Doomsday to take.

Kumagawa has All Fiction and probably has erased his own death, so.... potentially either All Fiction or Book Maker can take Doomsday down, though Book Maker would be a more difficult fight. If in a group, however, Kumagawa landing Book Maker should let Doomsday be taken down. Book Maker's effect is that it lowers all abilities and stats of the target to Kumagawa's level.... which is basically as low as possible. All Fiction on Doomsday is.... well, it's reality editing.

Dark Schneider is another possible character (not from Medaka Box).

If you really want to go out there.... Tenkawa Akito in the Black Serena from Martian Successor Nadesico if given sufficient knowledge of Doomsday's origins. With those, he could theoretically time & dimensionally jump back to Doomsday's creation and kill him then.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

How fast are they?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    How fast are they?
    The Medaka Box characters are all in the region of some flavour of multimach.

Dark Schneider is like... significant fraction of lightspeed I think, it's been like 10,000 years since I read Bastard!!

All Fiction should work, Book Maker might not, it's unclear if Doomsday couldn't just adapt and rebuild his powers to be above Kumagawa's again.

Scardead also probably won't work, I'm not certain exactly what history counts for the "strongest version of Doomsday,"

Also, Doomsday got up from being dead so... I don't think it'll stick long enough to stop him from killiing Shibushi or keep him down permanently.

Encounter should work.

Extraordinary Member

I imagine that Doomsday could just toss Gagamaru into or dig a giant hole to bury him in. When you're att Doomsday's level there are lots of ways to kill people without trying to squish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The Medaka Box characters are all in the region of some flavour of multimach.

Dark Schneider is like... significant fraction of lightspeed I think, it's been like 10,000 years since I read Bastard!!

All Fiction should work, Book Maker might not, it's unclear if Doomsday couldn't just adapt and rebuild his powers to be above Kumagawa's again.

Scardead also probably won't work, I'm not certain exactly what history counts for the "strongest version of Doomsday,"

Also, Doomsday got up from being dead so... I don't think it'll stick long enough to stop him from killiing Shibushi or keep him down permanently.

Encounter should work.
    He (H/P Doomsday) got up from being annihilated by an energy being, the Radiant, as Hunter/Prey. When they fought again, he was immune to the Radiant's energy; and emitted energy that countered and killed him.

They should be fast enough to get the initial KO but there's some question on the "permanent kill".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rebirth Doomsday is also stronger and more durable than Rebirth Superman... who is, insane.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, unless there is some sort of exceptionally strong emotional strength behind it, I don't see any reason that Kumagawa couldn't just use All Fiction to erase Doomsday's ability to adapt to things, or even just erase Doomsday itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure that he has done stuff like erase his own death, which would be handy in case he gets blitzed. I think that by the end of the series, he was even able to erase things that had strong emotional backing for up to 3 minutes (or something like that), so he could win by 10 count.

Xellos, or really any decently powerful Mazoku from Slayers, might be able to smack Doomsday with some sort of insta-kill esoteric or something (maybe a soul rip, reversing his healing factor, or transmutation to ash, etc...), since they can't really be hurt except with spiritual attacks or happy emotions, which isn't really something that Doomsday has.

Ryougi Shiki and Tohno Shiki would be blitzed, but otherwise might be able to insta-kill him if they can land a clear shot while using their Mystic Eyes of Death Perception at full force. OTOH, its possible that he might give Tohno Shiki a stroke or something, if his constant resurrections means that his concept of Death is too alien compared to the human concept of Death, though Ryougi Shiki's connection to Akasha might allow her to fully perceive even that kind of change.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I imagine that Doomsday could just toss Gagamaru into or dig a giant hole to bury him in. When you're att Doomsday's level there are lots of ways to kill people without trying to squish them.
    I vaguely remember that Gagamaru couldn't even be moved against his will, and dunno if Doomsday would really be able to think of anything especially elaborate (like gently smothering him), but there's a really good chance that Gagamaru's powers might not be able to fully effect Doomsday due to the strongest version of it being many orders of magnitude beyond anything that Gagamaru ever dealt with.

Like, Accelerator from A Certain Magical Index's Vector Manipulation is able to do something similar and is insanely broken in their setting, but it kinda tops off at being able to deflect a continent busting amount of magical energy, and *that* required a massive external boost.

Could one of the Saints of Athena do it?

If Not, Hades. Casual death aura, Sword erases you from existence, redirects your attacks back into you....so much hax
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

The reality erasure sword should do it.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, unless there is some sort of exceptionally strong emotional strength behind it, I don't see any reason that Kumagawa couldn't just use All Fiction to erase Doomsday's ability to adapt to things, or even just erase Doomsday itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure that he has done stuff like erase his own death, which would be handy in case he gets blitzed. I think that by the end of the series, he was even able to erase things that had strong emotional backing for up to 3 minutes (or something like that), so he could win by 10 count.

Xellos, or really any decently powerful Mazoku from Slayers, might be able to smack Doomsday with some sort of insta-kill esoteric or something (maybe a soul rip, reversing his healing factor, or transmutation to ash, etc...), since they can't really be hurt except with spiritual attacks or happy emotions, which isn't really something that Doomsday has.

Ryougi Shiki and Tohno Shiki would be blitzed, but otherwise might be able to insta-kill him if they can land a clear shot while using their Mystic Eyes of Death Perception at full force. OTOH, its possible that he might give Tohno Shiki a stroke or something, if his constant resurrections means that his concept of Death is too alien compared to the human concept of Death, though Ryougi Shiki's connection to Akasha might allow her to fully perceive even that kind of change.
    Demon King Orphen from the end of Sorcerous Stabber Orphen has a magical equivalent to Hakai and a transmutation sword, so erasing Doomsday from existence or turning him into air/grass/etc is viable. Inuyasha's Meido Zangetsuha would also work, but only if he has the time pull it off before getting blitzed.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!