All-New Member

Default Movie Galaxina (1980) Predicts Dasiy Ridley As Future Batgirl?

Galaxina (1980) may predict Star Wars actress Daisy Ridley will play Batgirl in a future movie. The 1960's Batmobile is seen parked outside a tavern on an alien planet. Other references can be seen in classic (TOS) Star Trek Episodes Dagger Of The Mind & Whom Gods Destroy (which co-starred actress Yvonne Craig, Batgirl in the '60's TV series). Galaxina co-stars Tad Horino who was also in Eliminators (1986) with Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar in TNG). Eliminators seems to show future video games by Japanese game maker, Capcom. The '90's arcade game Vampire Hunter / Darkstalkers includes 2 female characters with batwings on their head.

https://youtu.be/6oAQeCz3AjU

What utter nonsense. How can a movie released in 1980 have predicted that? Daisy Ridley wasn't even born then (born 1992)!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Y’know, I was going to make a post about how a good idea here might be to cast a Ridley as Babs, then cast John Boyega as Dick in color-blind casting moment, then do what Star Wars should have done, before making a crack about how they’d better avoid casting Adam Driver as the Joker lest Kathleen Kennedy suddenly be hired by Warner Bros and demand Joker and Babs hook up right after a DCEU version of The Killing Joke...

Then I read the actual title and went, “eh, maybe not.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

When has/will she be playing Batgirl? News to me.