Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Which begs the question of whether Charles and Moira (or just Moira) arranged/allowed M-Day to take place

Extraordinary Member

I think M-Day and the Genosha massacre were two events they didn’t foresee.

Ironic since one was caused by Charles’s sister and the other by Magneto’s “daughter.”

You would think Moira would warm them about that if it happened in the other Lives. So doubt it happened in them.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Which begs the question of whether Charles and Moira (or just Moira) arranged/allowed M-Day to take place
    Someone has suggested this in the past and it doesnt make sense. Why would they? M-Day nearly destroyed their plans for mutant prosperity as it and its aftermath nearly decimated all of mutantkind to extinction on multiple occasions. If they retcon Xavier's therapy of Wanda to imply that he planted the suggestion in her to decimate mutantkind, well that will definitely top all other retcons that have tarnished his character

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so convinced that life 4 (I mistakenly put it down as 3 in my first post) and 10 are all that similar. All we saw was 1 page with 3 roster shots analogous to the teams from life 10 (regular MU) all without context. She just said before it that everything changes life to life and the information she gave already imply much more significant changes.

Character visuals are the same in Moira's 8th life where she joined Magneto so should that one bee seen as nearly the same as the MU too?

Literally the only things we know about life 4 are that she fully embraced Xavier's philosophy, there are visual similarities to the main MU and that in the end the Sentinels still wiped out the mutants. That is nowhere near enough to assume anything about the actual content of that life.
    I get what you are saying but I have a different interpretation. I think we are supposed to recognize that life 4 is similar to what we know and Hickman used visual shorthand to tell us that. The Phoenix Five is such a specific and "iconic" story, one that Hickman worked on (a nice touch that he refers to that era as the lost decade but uses the visuals of a story he worked on so he's not calling out any specific creator, just an entire era). I think the main difference between life 4 and life 10 is the recruiting of Magneto and Krakoa. I think the way the story was told we are meant to assume that life 4 is very similar to the world we know.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Marrying a husband she no longer loves living a life of lies only to have children that don't exist because of a trip back in time?

Who is the coldblooded here.
    One thing most people don't consider is that anyone, including you and me, only exist is because your parents had sex in that very specific time (or artificially inseminated you); if they had waited a day or a week, you might not be born. So, Moira would not only have to relive her entire life exactly the same way (which, knowing what she knows, it's impossible), but also conceive her children in that very specific time, which she might not even know for sure.

Also, when one meets your childhood sweetheart, when you're that age, he or she might be the most beautiful and great person in the world, but then you're your 80's (which Moira would be, considering the first life plus the second), then your sweetheart is just a kid.

Why is that even a question? Hickman explained it in HOX. She got together with her first husband in her second life and she realized she didnt like him. His flaws and knowing the person he would be annoyed her and she couldnt try to recreate her first life bc she already lived that. It wouldnt have been a good life for her to pop out kids knowing she'd likely divorce the father bc she was miserable

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Someone has suggested this in the past and it doesnt make sense. Why would they? M-Day nearly destroyed their plans for mutant prosperity as it and its aftermath nearly decimated all of mutantkind to extinction on multiple occasions. If they retcon Xavier's therapy of Wanda to imply that he planted the suggestion in her to decimate mutantkind, well that will definitely top all other retcons that have tarnished his character
    I don't think they did, that would just be going too far. That could be considered one of their failures that ultimately served a purpose as it helped bring Xavier and Magneto closer.

EDIT 10char

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Hickman has removed any kind of humanity from the character anyway…
    Moira does seem to be more ruthless, cold and calculating in this new era. According to her files she actively seems to be manipulating/using Charles and Erik to her own ends. Says there are things she is purposely keeping from them. She says she orchestrated the birth of Proteus and Legion, almost like she sees them as tools( does she even care about Kevin, he certainly doesn't know that his mother is alive). And of course doesn't want precogs on Krakoa. Xavier gets a lot of crap for all the shady stuff he's done, but honestly he's got nothing on Moira. Looking at the overall big picture Moira is like the master manipulator, subtly guiding and arranging things to her grand design.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Moira does seem to be more ruthless, cold and calculating in this new era. According to her files she actively seems to be manipulating/using Charles and Erik to her own ends. Says there are things she is purposely keeping from them. She says she orchestrated the birth of Proteus and Legion, almost like she sees them as tools( does she even care about Kevin, he certainly doesn't know that his mother is alive). And of course doesn't want precogs on Krakoa. Xavier gets a lot of crap for all the shady stuff he's done, but honestly he's got nothing on Moira. Looking at the overall big picture Moira is like the master manipulator, subtly guiding and arranging things to her grand design.
    See. I’m still shocked everything didn’t blow up in Moira’s face when the Shadow King possessed her and took over Muir Island.

It took time for Moira to break Charles. Can’t wait to see that scene.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    See. I’m still shocked everything didn’t blow up in Moira’s face when the Shadow King possessed her and took over Muir Island.
    If I recall, the only ones Farouk possessed were Jacob Reisz and then Legion. The others were enthralled to his will because he was using Polaris to amplify negative emotions, but he wasn't specifically controlling them per se.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder in Moira's previous lives, did she encounter any time travelers from that timeline’s future?

She’s obviously encountered them in the tenths life: Rachel, Cable, Bishop, Ahab, Stryfe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder in Moira's previous lives, did she encounter any time travelers from that timeline’s future?

She’s obviously encountered them in the tenths life: Rachel, Cable, Bishop, Ahab, Stryfe, etc.
    Some yes, some no.

Everything that has been caused directly or indirectly by Proteus or Legion is exclusive to their tenth life. So for example Age of Apocalypse and Nate Grey could not exist in her previous lives.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Some yes, some no.

Everything that has been caused directly or indirectly by Proteus or Legion is exclusive to their tenth life. So for example Age of Apocalypse and Nate Grey could not exist in her previous lives.
    Also, Onslaught seems to be exclusive to this reality as well.