Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Past writers didn't think about it.
    I agree: why attempting to find any logic in the result of multiple retcons and works of various writers?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The only thing that differentiates the third life from the tenth is the existence of Proteus and Legion. Beyond Age of Apocalypse and therefore Nate Grey, Moira's tenth life is close enough to her third that they could plan accordingly.

Of course with a good dose of improvisation and luck.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else think Moira is kind of coldblooded for not having her kids from Life 1 ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Anyone else think Moira is kind of coldblooded for not having her kids from Life 1 ever again?
    Hickman has removed any kind of humanity from the character anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Literally on a genetic level, lol

Marrying a husband she no longer loves living a life of lies only to have children that don't exist because of a trip back in time?

Who is the coldblooded here.

Not really i'm sure a lot of parents if they got a do over would not have their kids ever again. Been there, done that, died of old age.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I got 2 theories.
    1, life 10 is awfully similar to life 4. I guess Moira considers that one a relatively successful one, if they could prevent their death at the hands of the Sentinels. So she let everything play out until this point.
    2. The Five. They needed to have enough mutants to form the Five and the resurrection protocols. She even mentions this in her notes. In particular Hope, Eva Bell and Fabio Medina are all a direct result of what Wanda did. Without House of M, there's no need for the Phoenix to create Hope, and without Hope there are no newer mutants, which means no Eva or Fabio. This means they were ready back in 2013 when Bendis did his run, but I guess they waited a few years until it was the right time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I got 2 theories.
    1, life 10 is awfully similar to life 4. I guess Moira considers that one a relatively successful one, if they could prevent their death at the hands of the Sentinels. So she let everything play out until this point.
    2. The Five. They needed to have enough mutants to form the Five and the resurrection protocols. She even mentions this in her notes. In particular Hope, Eva Bell and Fabio Medina are all a direct result of what Wanda did. Without House of M, there's no need for the Phoenix to create Hope, and without Hope there are no newer mutants, which means no Eva or Fabio. This means they were ready back in 2013 when Bendis did his run, but I guess they waited a few years until it was the right time.
    Charles was still did dead at that time, right.

And the X-men groups were mostly divided.

The mutants needed for Krakoa's success didnt come into play until relatively recently. Namely Hope, Eva and Goldballs, the latter of whom got their powers after Xavier had died. He's lucky he was resurrected and I think getting that second chance at life lit a fire in him to no longer wait but actually start executing on his dream, which is where Astonishing X-men left off and HoX picked up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Objectively false.

BANNED

No, it was a mistake she was determined to not make again. Once was enough.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I'm not sure why people are so convinced that life 4 (I mistakenly put it down as 3 in my first post) and 10 are all that similar. All we saw was 1 page with 3 roster shots analogous to the teams from life 10 (regular MU) all without context. She just said before it that everything changes life to life and the information she gave already imply much more significant changes.

Character visuals are the same in Moira's 8th life where she joined Magneto so should that one bee seen as nearly the same as the MU too?

Literally the only things we know about life 4 are that she fully embraced Xavier's philosophy, there are visual similarities to the main MU and that in the end the Sentinels still wiped out the mutants. That is nowhere near enough to assume anything about the actual content of that life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so convinced that life 4 (I mistakenly put it down as 3 in my first post) and 10 are all that similar. All we saw was 1 page with 3 roster shots analogous to the teams from life 10 (regular MU) all without context. She just said before it that everything changes life to life and the information she gave already imply much more significant changes.

Character visuals are the same in Moira's 8th life where she joined Magneto so should that one bee seen as nearly the same as the MU too?

Literally the only things we know about life 4 are that she fully embraced Xavier's philosophy, there are visual similarities to the main MU and that in the end the Sentinels still wiped out the mutants. That is nowhere near enough to assume anything about the actual content of that life.
    Yeah. Originally I was curious if Life 4 was Rachel’s Days of Future Past timeline. And when Rachel went back in time, the reason she didn’t end up in her timeline’s past, (where Jean survived and she was born, etc), is because Moira already changed the timeline.

Yeah. Originally I was curious if Life 4 was Rachel’s Days of Future Past timeline. And when Rachel went back in time, the reason she didn’t end up in her timeline’s past, (where Jean survived and she was born, etc), is because Moira already changed the timeline.
    that doesnt make sense as Rachel would have been erased at the moment Moira died in that life. Moira's lives arent alternate timelines that exist in parallel with each other.