Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again. I want a Hal/John team up book. I think these two have the most interesting relationship of all the various GLs but it rarely gets explored.
    It happened under Geoff Johns and we seen how that went. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Johns never did a Hal/John teamup book. Making them sector partners isn't the same thing.

I'm not sure how they could do it, but I miss the essence of the old "Tales of the GLC" backups. They were just interesting stories that fleshed out the GLC and introduced a bunch of interesting new GLs. Those stories really gave you a sense of how *big* the GLC concept can be.

Yeah I second that no thanks. Kind of over John playing second fiddle to Hal or having his success/development connected to Hal.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I want a Hal/John team up book. I think these two have the most interesting relationship of all the various GLs but it rarely gets explored.

I think Guy/Kyle is also a lot of fun.

DCSHG has shown that Jess/Hal could be great too.

My preference for the GL franchise moving forward would be a rotating cast of different duos, trios, and occasionally quartets having adventures across the DCU. Mix and match them in different combinations,including the various under-served alien GLs with different artists and writers moving in and out, but with all the creators working on the same page.
    I think a Hal & John team up book COULD work but I think it's gonna be tricky. there has been substantially more building up of Hal over the years that I feel it's gonna feel (for John fans) like John is getting shafted everytime Hal gets a little more shine at any point. the power dynamic between Hal and other solo Lanterns just feels too off because DC has been spending years telling us just how much more great Hal is than other Lanterns, they would have to play it very smart to avoid that dynamic feeling like a problem. if Hal gets too much shine, it's gonna be a problem, if the co-lead Lantern outshines him, people are gonna complain that they are "trashing Hal to build x character up". then there is the issue that some John fans (myself included) aren't all that interesting in another ensemble or co-starring role for John. I for one want to see John doing his own thing in his own stories for a while. it's been, what, 30 years since John got a series about him (GLC was good for him but that was an ensemble book still), it's bout time we dig more into who John is and develope his character more.

I think they should have a Green Lantern title that's seasonal (like Naomi and Morrison's tGL) where each season focuses on a high profile solo story for a different Lantern and a Lantern Corps book (maybe a snazzier name) for everyone else in the Green Lantern Corps and GL mythos where they can mix and match different team up dynamics.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-05-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    oooooooh this is a great picture!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think Guy/Kyle is also a lot of fun.

DCSHG has shown that Jess/Hal could be great too.

My preference for the GL franchise moving forward would be a rotating cast of different duos, trios, and occasionally quartets having adventures across the DCU. Mix and match them in different combinations,including the various under-served alien GLs with different artists and writers moving in and out, but with all the creators working on the same page.
    I'd like to see a Hal and Jessica dynamic that's a more straighter take than DCSHG, or at least with a normal Jessica. It would definitely be very different from the cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is this the Phil Jimenez piece from the GL 80 Years of the Emerald Knight book? Cool .

Speaking of, I really enjoyed that book. I felt it had a good mix of stories for each GL and did a good job highlighting the mythos, and wasn't even that Johns-heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oooooooh this is a great picture!
    With the true greatest GL at the center, Mogo.

Artist is Phil Jimenez. Given his Perez influences, I was happy to find he did a poster for the Corps.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think that could work if there's also a book alongside it with each arc being a different GL's solo adventure to appease people who JUST want Hal, John, etc. GL can and should be able to support two books.
    Yeah, same deal with Flash. Both of these franchises should have two monthly books, rather than twice a month solos. It's bad for the creative teams, too. They all get burnt out.

I wish Wonder Woman could get two different titles a month as well.

Just because it has been done badly, doesn't mean it can't be done successfully.

Justice League: Cry For Justice was terrible, but the idea of Hal & Ollie starting up their own proactive League could easily work if the creators are right.

John Stewart is loooooong overdue for more attention outside of the League. I think the League only brings out the hardass military aspect of his character. I want to see more of the quirky, interesting weirdo John that we got with Mosaic. I want John Stewart to be political again. He broke out of a South African prison under Apartheid for cryin' out loud. I want to see that guy again.

I think bouncing John off Hal (and, semi-regularly Ollie & Dinah) would be a great way of bringing that side of John out.

Each of these Lanterns is different in different combos too.

I want to see Kyle & Jessica team-up. I want to see Guy & Simon (what would that be like?)

For instance, the Hal/Kyle dynamic that Venditti came up with for them by the end of HJ&GLC was great, with them constantly busting each other's chops. It's something I loved about the Guy/Kyle mix that worked so well in Gibbons, Tomasi & Gleeson's GLCorps

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think they should have a Green Lantern title that's seasonal (like Naomi and Morrison's tGL) where each season focuses on a high profile solo story for a different Lantern and a Lantern Corps book (maybe a snazzier name) for everyone else in the Green Lantern Corps and GL mythos where they can mix and match different team up dynamics.
    This is a great idea. I want GL to have the very best creative teams. For an artist, this book is a feast. I can think of lots of young artists would could do fantastic stuff with this.

If they want to work in corporate comics, that it

Well since he’s gotten a new tv show on the way, I’m going to say hooray for Simon Baz! For a guy who I really liked in Rebirth I’m so glad to see he’s back in comics and getting a show.

Same Hooray goes for Jessica, Guy, and Alan. The others...well Hal got his cartoon series, John had Justice League/unlimited, and Kyle....ok we need to get Kyle something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Just caught the GL TV news.
    Did all the appropriate heads explode when it was announced they'd be skipping over Hal and John! LOL!
    And using Scott, Gardner, Cruz & Baz.

Take a deep breath, it could likley just mean Jordan and Stewart are still tied to the potential movie franchise.
    And finally the Hal and John buddy space cop movie everyone wants.
    It really is great for all!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-10-2020 at 08:36 AM.

OK, now that's funny...!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Just caught the GL TV news.
    Did all the appropriate heads explode when it was announce they'd be skipping over Hal and John! LOL!
    And using Scott, Gardner, Cruz & Baz.

Take a deep breath, it could likley just mean Jordan and Stewart are still tied to the potential movie franchise.
    And finally the Hal and John buddy space cop movie everyone wants.
    It really is great for all!
    Guy, Jess and Alan? Yay. No Hal, John or Kyle? Weird flex, but okay. I wonder if Tora will be on the show or referenced by Guy. Hope so, I love those two.

Guggenheim writing. Why God, why? I've never read anything by him I thought was good, I'm not a fan of the Arrowverse and he was involved with the pisspoor movie. That really soured the whole deal for me.