Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wish we had gotten Josh Keaton's Hal and LaMarr's John together in the Sinestro Corps. arc in GL:TAS. It would've been so hypeworthy.
    https://i.imgur.com/QamSW7S.gif

Extraordinary Member

This makes me wish we had gotten Josh Keaton's Hal and LaMarr's John together in the Sinestro Corps. arc in GL:TAS. It would've been so hypeworthy.

If only I had the reality stone...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Ultimate Member

https://www.deviantart.com/skyvolt20...fire-864079337

Poking fun at Grand Theft Auto Vice City's fake show Yuppie and the Alien.

Fitting. Just...fitting.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Fitting. Just...fitting.
    Not gonna lie, I want a Marvel/DC crossover where the Pink Ring finds itself on Frank with no explanation and he spends the whole thing shooting criminals not realizing he's essentially cupid for the day.

It would be all kinds of dumb and I'm here for it.

they look like they are in the 90's-est r&b music video; or a real deep and meaningful rap song. still, nice to see all 6 human lanterns together. I would like to see a GL corp book that focuses on the full ensemble again. not a "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps" type deal, or John Stewart and the Green Lantern Corps", or anything like that, just a "The Green Lantern Corps" and it's a GL anthology where we just spotlight different Lanterns, some stories can play off others but it's should always maintain a rotating focus to highlight the ensemble evenly. Batman just got an anthology, and Vixen is kicking off the DC universe anthology, I think a Green Lantern one would be a logical next step.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    they look like they are in the 90's-est r&b music video; or a real deep and meaningful rap song. still, nice to see all 6 human lanterns together. I would like to see a GL corp book that focuses on the full ensemble again. not a "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps" type deal, or John Stewart and the Green Lantern Corps", or anything like that, just a "The Green Lantern Corps" and it's a GL anthology where we just spotlight different Lanterns, some stories can play off others but it's should always maintain a rotating focus to highlight the ensemble evenly. Batman just got an anthology, and Vixen is kicking off the DC universe anthology, I think a Green Lantern one would be a logical next step.
    I think the Green Lantern Corps is such a perfect fit for an anthology book focusing on various GLs both human and alien. I don't know if the market would support it, but I'd make it giant sized so you can include at least two different Lantern tales in each issue.

If DC anthologies are making a comeback, maybe that's what they do with the GLC book.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Lol, the “one universe” dialogue even sounds like something you’d probably hear as the opening line.

I agree, I think something like the Batman Urban Legends book would fit better for GL. Take “season” approach from Morrison and just have rotating seasons around the various GLs.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the Green Lantern Corps is such a perfect fit for an anthology book focusing on various GLs both human and alien. I don't know if the market would support it, but I'd make it giant sized so you can include at least two different Lantern tales in each issue.
    This. I really do feel it should be an oversized book (with a fair price point to justify the extra pages) where it's like 48 pages every month telling a few stories each issue. Three 16 page stories highlighting different lanterns/duos. Some are one-shots, some are arcs, but it's an anthology where they all get to shine. Including the GL who gets the main book, because sometimes a done-in-one with Hal or John is fun even if they're getting the obligatory six-issue trade in installments over in the main title. Charge like $8 in print for it (about what two issues would cost anyway) and you get a second GL book that likely will survive because you'd be pooling all the main GLs while letting the less popular ones (looking at you, Simon) get more exposure because... Well you already bought it for Jess or whoever, may as well read every page you paid for! You'll make lots of fans for the other GLs that way because they're all pretty solid, but most of us won't know because of how tribal GL fandom has gotten.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-15-2020 at 10:23 PM.

So many Lanterns in limbo, and now there isn't even one in the Justice League!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman