Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Speaking of videos....

Guy, Jess, and Hal in an upcoming Death Metal issue.

Think the only human GL who hasn't appeared in this event or tie-ins so far is Simon, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Guy, Jess, and Hal in an upcoming Death Metal issue.

Think the only human GL who hasn't appeared in this event or tie-ins so far is Simon, of course.
    Simon was in Multiverses End, he helped Jessica take on the Justice Lords (yes the ones from the animated series).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I feel like Pepe Lepew should be love. John Stewart showed Sapphires don't have to be female.

Default House of Light!

I wanted to show some love to the rest of the emotional spectrum for a second. So besides Green: Which is your favorite Corps? who is the best non-Green Lantern?

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I feel like Pepe Lepew should be love. John Stewart showed Sapphires don't have to be female.
    I thought that too but then again do we want Lepew in a Corps mainly composed of females.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I wanted to show some love to the rest of the emotional spectrum for a second. So besides Green: Which is your favorite Corps? who is the best non-Green Lantern?

Always liked Larfleeze and Saint Walker, mainly for their appearances in TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought that too but then again do we want Lepew in a Corps mainly composed of females.

Always liked Larfleeze and Saint Walker, mainly for their appearances in TAS.
    I'm a Saint Walker guy too myself, something about his design when I first seen him on Green Lantern: TAS just grabbed me. he's in my top 10 comic book characters of all time. I think I have him over John Stewart currently, I gotta check the list, and John's my favorite Green Lantern.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

[CENTER]

[img]https://res.cloudinary.com/dwzmsvp7f/image/fetch/q_75,f_auto/https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.insider.in%2Fimage%2Fupload%2F c_crop%2Cg_custom%2Fv1506498817%2Fdjwuic1ttwxwhtet rpyy.jpg[/img

I loved the set up and intro, as Jordan discovers and builds the Light Brigade, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Although it was quickly spread to thin.... with now then everyone gets a ring!
    ...it was the kind of visual hokeyness I feel Kirby or Ditko... Broome in their prime would have pulled out there creative brainmass, to tell a story.
    Using the color spectrum oozed Silver-age whimsy - and that the Corps era GLs by default were already motive/instinct color coded, was faithful to the source material from the go, Green after will power, yellow after fear, so "discovering" the as yet unseen rest seemed like legit world building, and worked for me.
    Plus Jordan pursuing each Lantern and recruiting their suspect wielders to form a team, had a putting together a cosmic Magnificent Seven (good and bad characters) vibe for me.
    That was the set up anyway.
    However then extending it to - everyone on Earth now gets a ring too, the Blackest Zombie Night all the dead are back!, the Entities, all stretched it further than it was worth, culminating in Kyle as the White Savior Lantern I think i had dropped out by then.
    I was fine with the set up though, Jordan finding these planets, and collecting this group of 7 cosmic lantern wielding mavericks, that had to work as a team.
    I never liked the "Emotional Spectrum" moniker, not sure if that ever came from within the books, or fans just default started calling it that.
    I remember Van Sciver used to insist it's more of an Instinct or Motive spectrum.
    Which also better described Green Will power (implicitly not an emotion) being the Center, Will Power/Free Will is the means by which one (for better or worse) chooses when to let or not let certain emotions/instinct drive you, to not be a slave to them.
    It's this ability to choose , which expresses our power of free will.
    Which is what the Guardians enabled the Green rings to be fueled with.

[CENTER]
    As far as favorites, the first that Johns recognized Fear, the established antithesis of Free Will, showed, how and why it was a crippling weapon against free will. Showed it's power, how it wasn't just an opposite color, but something that tapped into the psyche of it's wielder, and could "poison" one's will if it controlled you (thank you Yoda).
    Once that was on the table, uncovering the others was a great and logical next step.

Next favorite was Rage. Not just the visual of it, blood/plasma spewing constructs, but the idea that none of them are good or bad on their own, just to what ends we use them, Rage is often something necessary and appropriate, to survive.
    The idea he'd have to work with this group, embodying raw Instincts/Motives, navigating between them, was great character and world building.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That said...Lola wears the outfit well .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Saint Walker and Larfleeze are my favorites of the rainbow Corps.

I'm a Saint Walker guy too myself, something about his design when I first seen him on Green Lantern: TAS just grabbed me. he's in my top 10 comic book characters of all time. I think I have him over John Stewart currently, I gotta check the list, and John's my favorite Green Lantern.
    Yeah, his appearances in TAS were pretty enjoyable. The zen hippie voice worked well for him.