Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    They really need to do more with the Scarecrow as a yellow lantern plot, it was touched on in Rebirth Green Lantern but I'd like to see more. I mean for crying out load, he was so obsessed that he made his own man-made connection to the Sinestro Corps power source, that should be a big story for Batman.
    The Bat franchise are like the last people who should be poaching other concepts from DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The Bat franchise are like the last people who should be poaching other concepts from DC characters.
    I get that, that is completely fair.

But sometimes I wonder, why more Bane and Joker if Scarecrow can do stuff like use Yellow Lantern power, where is his big story. But getting it back to Green Lantern, yeah I loved the blackest night stuff where other dc characters got in the lantern corps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

agreed, it needs to be the other way around and more Bat-exclusive character should be ported out of Batman into the main DC universe. I say that mainly pointing at the crowded Gotham heroes, but villains could get poached too. Scarecrow would be far more interesting (and more of a threat) if he were a member of the Sinesto Corps.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    agreed, it needs to be the other way around and more Bat-exclusive character should be ported out of Batman into the main DC universe. I say that mainly pointing at the crowded Gotham heroes, but villains could get poached too. Scarecrow would be far more interesting (and more of a threat) if he were a member of the Sinesto Corps.
    It would definitely give Crane a power boost, although I don't think it would make him much different as a character. I guess he wouldn't need Fear Toxin anymore (or would he?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would definitely give Crane a power boost, although I don't think it would make him much different as a character. I guess he wouldn't need Fear Toxin anymore (or would he?).
    I mean, the power rings can make anything, why not Fear Toxin made if actual fear. If John can create kryptonite down to the isotopic level, I'm sure Crane could conjure the fear toxin chemical compounds and such. take him out of Gotham and away from Batman, he's a pretty terrifying opponent for heroes who don't have the same willpower as Bruce and his proteges.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I mean, the power rings can make anything, why not Fear Toxin made if actual fear. If John can create kryptonite down to the isotopic level, I'm sure Crane could conjure the fear toxin chemical compounds and such. take him out of Gotham and away from Batman, he's a pretty terrifying opponent for heroes who don't have the same willpower as Bruce and his proteges.
    Could be interesting, make him kind of "Space Freddy Krueger".

I'm not sure if it's ever been consistent exactly how the constructs work on a molecular level (being able to replicate Kryptonite sounds like something straight out of the Silver Age). Although if he can just willingly summon whatever someone's greatest fear is with the ring, he wouldn't really need Fear Toxin unless he still uses it just because it's still his gimmick.

I think it's less a matter of willpower and more not having a Fear Toxin antidote on hand like everyone in the Batfamily has or should have by this point, because willpower is probably the one weapon all Superheroes have in common against someone like Scarecrow or the Sinestro Corps. in general.
    Could be interesting, make him kind of "Space Freddy Krueger".
    Robert Englund actually played Scarecrow in Injustice 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Robert Englund actually played Scarecrow in Injustice 2.
    One of the very few actually good things in the entire Injustice franchise.

GL solicitations for February.

"The Last Lanterns" written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    "The Last Lanterns" art by TOM RANEY
    "Teen Lantern" written by JOSIE CAMPBELL
    "Teen Lantern" art by ANDIE TONG
    "Hal Jordan" written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    "Hal Jordan" art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    card stock variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $6.99 US
    Outnumbered but never outwitted or outfought, John Stewart leads the last of the Green Lanterns against insurmountable odds. Facing a bloodthirsty Khund cult dedicated to the "God in Red," the onet-ime Green Lantern shows that even without a ring or the Corps to back him up, he's still a force to be reckoned with!
    Plus, from the pages of Young Justice, Teen Lantern teams up with Mogo, and Hal Jordan reconnects with Oliver Queen after the power battery goes down!

THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #11
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 11 of 12 | FC | DC
    Hal Jordan’s future as a Green Lantern is threatened when the Young Guardians’ plans to restructure the Corps move into high gear. What’s a guy to do but take a vacation? But when Jordan arrives on the swords-and-sorcery world of Athmoora for some R&R, he comes face to face with the biggest threat the universe has ever known—and a coalition of foes determined to bring his career and his story to its apocalyptic end! You cannot miss the game-changing two-part finale of Morrison and Sharp’s epic run...

.....anyone else think that cover makes Hal look like Patrick Swayze from Road House? Either that or Kurt Russel from Escape from New York? It's mainly the hair that has me thinking that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

GL solicitations for February.

I'm really intrigued by this Last Lanterns story, most excited I've been to read Green Lantern in a long time. It's also nice to see them using Teen Lantern, it's nice to see DC appearing to consolidate their different characters into their umbrella brands with Future State. I hope they continue that trend going forward after the fact and give them their respective room to flourish.

I wonder where they'll take the Green Lantern title after Morrison's done; their creeping up on the finale, one issue away.

currently following:

I'm really intrigued by this Last Lanterns story, most excited I've been to read Green Lantern in a long time. It's also nice to see them using Teen Lantern, it's nice to see DC appearing to consolidate their different characters into their umbrella brands with Future State. I hope they continue that trend going forward after the fact and give them their respective room to flourish.

I wonder where they'll take the Green Lantern title after Morrison's done; their creeping up on the finale, one issue away.
    I think extending the “tv season” approach Morrison’s been doing could be interesting. Still call it “The Green Lantern” but have a 12 issue run devoted to a single Lantern and then rotating around.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    .....anyone else think that cover makes Hal look like Patrick Swayze from Road House? Either that or Kurt Russel from Escape from New York? It's mainly the hair that has me thinking that.
    The 80's was a very mullet-heavy era.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing some Hal/Ollie interaction, but I'm always nervous about how writers might depict Hal in his civilian life and without a ring. It's been a long time since Priest wrote Hal - it will be interesting to see how he writes him now.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-13-2020 at 01:30 PM.

I think extending the “tv season” approach Morrison’s been doing could be interesting. Still call it “The Green Lantern” but have a 12 issue run devoted to a single Lantern and then rotating around.
    I feel the seasonal format is a great approach, they did the same thing with Naomi. the seasonal format makes it easier to rotate the focus among different headliners, which could go a long way toward mending how fragmented Green Lantern fans have gotten. can't accuse anyone of playing favorites if everyone gets a substantial turn in the limelight (limelight? god! I'm so mf clever). I wouldn't mind them continuing this iteration of the title with a different Lantern in the leading role next season.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-19-2020 at 10:55 AM.

currently following:

I feel the seasonal format is a great approach, they did the same thing with Naomi. the seasonal format makes it easier to rotate the focus among different headliners, which could go a long way toward mending how fragmented Green Lantern fans have gotten. can't accuse anyone of playing favorites if everyone gets a substantial turn in the limelight (god! I'm so mf clever). I wouldn't mind them continuing this iteration of the title with a different Lantern in the leading role next season.
    Yeah, I think going forward it's probably the best way the various human GLs could get some time to shine/content in light of ATT cutting down on DC's staff and line.

Alien GLs will always be playing backup though.