Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default In House Ads you remember/liked

    Been discussing Captain Atom in another thread, so i wanted to start w. this one...:



    I didn’t really know who CA was prior to this series, but i remember seeing this ad and thinking, “I must own this book”.

  2. #2
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    I didn't buy comics in the '80s so I saw this ad in back issues. It looked like an interesting title so I had a difficult time finding it because I wasn't aware that they had changed the name.


  3. #3
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    One of my personal favorites...


  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I didn't buy comics in the '80s so I saw this ad in back issues. It looked like an interesting title so I had a difficult time finding it because I wasn't aware that they had changed the name.

    ^^^That’s a great find! Misfits, eh? Glad that didn’t stick.

    Here’s Wonder Girl channeling her inner Mary Jane Watson...:

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my personal favorites...

    ^^^thats a good one!

    This one was really eyecatching to me as a kid. Freaking Blevins, man. That guy could do no wrong...:


    And this one I remember because of that “if you need him to make a house call” line. I thought it was really clever!

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Man i LOVED these when i was a kid!!!


  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,603

    Default

    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Jeez...I’d forgotten how BIG her hair was!


  9. #9
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    16,324

    Default

    Here are some very early ones. I have the Fantastic Four DVD of comics that came out some years back, before Marvel decided to create the Marvel Unlimited library with digital comics. It is a disc of over 500 issues and annuals scanned from originals. The cool thing is it includes the letters pages and house ads.




  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here are some very early ones. I have the Fantastic Four DVD of comics that came out some years back, before Marvel decided to create the Marvel Unlimited library with digital comics. It is a disc of over 500 issues and annuals scanned from originals. The cool thing is it includes the letters pages and house ads.
    Those are nice ones!
    And yeah, the old ads and letters pages are like a time capsule aren’t they?

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Pérez is so awesome, he doesn’t even skimp on the house ads...:




  12. #12
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    16,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Those are nice ones!
    And yeah, the old ads and letters pages are like a time capsule aren’t they?
    sorry to have neglected answering....but yeah, they are fun to read. Of course in the early days of Marvel Stan would be doing the letters page himself. IIRC John Byrne did that quite a few times in his Fantastic Four run.

    Here's a couple of more house ads....




  13. #13
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Lets all just sit back and remember this was a thing.


    101912
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    sorry to have neglected answering....but yeah, they are fun to read. Of course in the early days of Marvel Stan would be doing the letters page himself. IIRC John Byrne did that quite a few times in his Fantastic Four run.

    Here's a couple of more house ads....
    ^^^Actually I only just replied to you! I’d forgotten all about this thread. It’s so weird you posted that Monster of Frankenstein ad. I just started looking for that comic a couple of days ago!

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Lets all just sit back and remember this was a thing.


    101912
    ^^^He was Marvel’s Booster Gold!

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    One of the coolest house ads when I was a kid!



    Someone really needs to do a modern day Man-Bat book, dang it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •