Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead : The World Beyond

As the Walking Dead franchise grows , the 3rd series arrived tonight. But before AMC aired it , they aired a teaser that major heavy **** is coming and will impact the 3 shows ahead it seems. We could see a major big crossover finally happen in the Walking Dead Universe judging from the promo as we see all 3 shows and Rick's being taken by the Civic Republic (the name of the villain group).

Now onto the episode.

-

- Hope & Iris Bennett are sisters in one of the colony's left . Hope is the "bad" sister who likes to raise hell and seems to like crossing Felix (someone who weirdly favors young Rick Grimes) who was left as their guardian. Iris is the good sister and Student Council President.

- The Civic Republic arrive and Hope doesn't trust them. They all dress in black as shown and fly black helicopters. They aren't allowed to know where the CR are located or get communications from their father (he sneaks faxes to them). All working as a scientist.

- The girls grow very concerned and the distrust grows to where they get the fax their dad is in trouble. One of the female leaders handed them a map of where to go.

- The girls with 2 others "Silas" and "Elton" decide to go cross country. They have all never been out except Elton who sneaks out at times. But with his help they leave for New York. Felix gets their note and now with his female friend Huck has to go after them comically. So he's after them.

- Meanwhile the Civic Republic shows how EVIL they really are and MASSACRES the entire colony at the end. The soldiers tell the leader the girls are gone and she seems...ok with that. (There is something going on there)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Kind of saw the twist related to Elton coming before it did. spoilers:
    His mom was the pregnant woman young Hope shot.
    end of spoilers Ermigawd drama!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Kind of like the new con men/stage magician characters. Hopefully they'll stick around for some comic relief.

The new FEAR season is really good, much of a darker TWD feel than the last one which was the group perhaps being a bit too overly altruistic.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Despite knowing better, I've kinda been meaning to check this out.

Took a couple episodes off and well...its....well its ****. I mean whatever writers did the last 2 episodes please...learn how to not do a series overdone with moronic plot twists. I won't spoil it but there was 2-4 plot twists with characters and it really made the show a bigger mockery than its becoming. They have a talented group with that guy playing Felix who could be a young Rick Grimes given how he talks at times . (I really want Rick and Felix to meet at some point given how they both talk low , intense and have a sense of duty etc)

But the season finale was just the worst in taking something that works on small doses and then doing it. But when your entire episode has characters doing this its ...well its crap. And the plot hole is so stupid it makes no sense with what we learn. (which makes the entire premise of the series be a head shack)

I have expected Vince McMahon to appear and do this ...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I watched about 1.5 episodes before giving up. Story wise it was beyond predictable. Casting wise it was forgettable with no stand outs. And it really took me out trying to suspend disbelief that the two main girls are apparently supposed to be biological sisters when one is clearly black and the other appears white yet both parents are black. A simple explanation that one was raised by the others parents since the outbreak would have made this a non issue as in the post apocalypse world so many kids are being raised by non biological parents (Judith being raised by Michonne and now who knows for instance).

They're not biological sisters, dude.

Yeah the finale made it pretty clear they were both adopted together but they're not related biologically to each other or their parents. Also it seems pretty clear that they were adopted prior to the zombie outbreak as well.

So the finale also seems that CRM are looking for 'gifted' individuals to re-start civilization. I'm guessing Rick kind of qualified as he was a community leader who had outlived various threats against the odds. Although it's unclear how Jadis/Anne fits into everything ( I mean it seems that she was a scout or something for CRM, but why make a garbage community on the side?)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah the finale made it pretty clear they were both adopted together but they're not related biologically to each other or their parents. Also it seems pretty clear that they were adopted prior to the zombie outbreak as well.

So the finale also seems that CRM are looking for 'gifted' individuals to re-start civilization. I'm guessing Rick kind of qualified as he was a community leader who had outlived various threats against the odds. Although it's unclear how Jadis/Anne fits into everything ( I mean it seems that she was a scout or something for CRM, but why make a garbage community on the side?)
    Jadis as we have learned wasn't really a part of the Civic Republic. She was a means to an end for them. They realized she would encounter more people in the wild with her group so she could scout for them and get goods in place of that. Its more than likely she will explain to Rick there how the arrangement worked. I won't be shocked if we learn the CR was likely at some point gonna kill Jadis and her group once their goals was met enough.

Also it will be Rick who destroys the CR. Jadis will bring up what a leader and former cop Rick Grimes is. But she won't reveal the dangerous aspect of Rick f'n Grimes and what he's done in the past. The CR don't understand how alpha Rick is til he gets pushed hard enough and he will push back.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Watched this last Fall and sadly not one of the main teens is of any interest.
    The twist didn't really surprise me, Felix is the best character by far.
    A show where the 4 main characters are soooo scared of the Walkers and have barely killed any makes for shakey situations. Hard to feel like they should even still be alive.

Watching to see the organizational development/reveal of the Civic Republic is really the strongest reason for a Walking Dead Universe fan to even watch this show. Season two should hopefully give some more satisfying revelations about them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

World Beyond S2 set to debut Oct 3.

Despite being a pre-set limited series it is the weakest entry in TWD universe. I'll be watching just for Civic Republic developments. Those seem relevant, maybe, over in Fear The Walking Dead.
    Hoping for more CR stories in this final season.

Season 2, the planned final season, of World Beyond just aired episode 4 last night.
    Who is still watching? I know S1 I was task to sit through. I feel our characters have matured up to the realities around them now that they know about the Campus Colony and Omaha.

So far I feel these first four episodes have been way better than all of anything we got in S1. Next week will be the half way point.
    It seems our group has splintered into two groups and are going to tackle the problem from two angles, albeit not in concert it seems.

It's certainly better than S1, but it's still a chore. I do like the characters better this season. But the Omaha and Campus Colony plot line mystery is going slow, and makes me want to fast forward to the end of the series -- I wish I could.

My main motivation in watching is to be fully informed when/if there is a greater connection to the rest of the WDverse. I know of the tease with Jadis from that clip released months ago, but I feel we viewers deserve more and better.

I kind of feel the same way about FTWD right now -- it's a chore. And our main characters are scattered/separated YET AGAIN.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

What are folks thoughts on when World Beyond takes place?
    My big reason for watching is to see how the Civic Republic plays out. So far they've shown that for all their power/strength/resources they are totalitarian.
    Was hoping to be able to root for the CR.
    So, when?

Is it right there with Fear? Are we about 10 years from the start of apocalypse?
    We know TWD main show had a 5 year jump, it is how they aged up Judith, after Ricks disappearance midway S9. TWD is therefore about 15yrs forward from the start of the apocalypse?

I think it's stated that we're roughly around that I think, TWD and World Beyond I think are set at roughly the same time at the moment. I think WB season one is set before the Whisperer War though.

Not sure about Fear though, but I think it's been placed at this point as roughly at the period when Rick has just vanished.