Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Well the mid-way point of World Beyond S2 had quite the stinger reveal did it not?
    Anne, the leader of the trippy junkyard group from Walking Dead S7-8, is shown to be a high ranking CRM!

Is Huck turning on her mom and CRM? Is she now sympathetic to the others plight?
    Will the plan go as South as it appears to have for the 2pm "rescue"?

So if World Beyond is more in sync, timeline speaking, with Walking Dead it begs the question even louder.....WHERE IS RICK?!
    Especially with Anne now in play. Her ties fully revealed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Well the mid-way point of World Beyond S2 had quite the stinger reveal did it not?
    Anne, the leader of the trippy junkyard group from Walking Dead S7-8, is shown to be a high ranking CRM!

Is Huck turning on her mom and CRM? Is she now sympathetic to the others plight?
    Will the plan go as South as it appears to have for the 2pm "rescue"?

So if World Beyond is more in sync, timeline speaking, with Walking Dead it begs the question even louder.....WHERE IS RICK?!
    Especially with Anne now in play. Her ties fully revealed.
    I'd say we will see Rick in final episode ...teasing his future film coming.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think Huck is turning on her mom and allying herself with the group. Hopefully she will see some sort of redemption.

Jadis/Anne reappearance will lead to Rick reappearance -- but how and when will the writers do it? She mentioned he was a valuable prize or asset or whatever -- what does that mean? Will he lead one of the larger military or police groups? Does he train people on how to properly bite the throat out of one's enemies? Finer points on beard growing?

And, we've seen plenty of CRM references in Fear -- I'm wondering just how far behind that show's timeline is based on current plots. I've heard anywhere from a few months to a few years. To me, a few years would be a stretch. I'm thinking a couple of years at the most. I really wish I could get into the creators' heads to see what they have planned to greater connect all the shows and groups.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

It was a bitch looking for this thread! So, anyways, like I said in the Fear thread If you have AMC+ you can watch episodes a week early. I've seen both the Fear mid-season finale, and the World Beyond Series finale ahead of time. TWB just revealed that France probably spoilers:
    somehow made the Apocalypse worse by creating "fast zombies"
    end of spoilers. And Jenner from the CDC makes an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    It was a bitch looking for this thread! So, anyways, like I said in the Fear thread If you have AMC+ you can watch episodes a week early. I've seen both the Fear mid-season finale, and the World Beyond Series finale ahead of time. TWB just revealed that France probably spoilers:
    somehow made the Apocalypse worse by creating "fast zombies"
    end of spoilers. And Jenner from the CDC makes an appearance.
    I watch a week early, too.

I liked the post credits scene -- nice to see other areas of the world.

Now I'm wondering how we will see the surviving main characters of TWB in the Walking Dead universe.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I did not read your spoiler coded fare but thanks for coding it like that.
    TWD:WB really has made itself a contributor to the overall TWDU with this season.

I'm curious to see the finale. If that is all the gas or not. If Portland is still in danger. Who is/isn't going to make it out alive.
    Did Dennis die? Since Huck wasn't with him and at that depot I took it that he might've but it was left a bit open I thought.
    Whomever does survive I'm wondering if they will find their way to one of the other remaining shows.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about that stinger, I think it's probably made to spice up the shows for sure. But I have a sneaking suspicion that it's mostly done for the sake of any upcoming films. I feel like that's a element they would put in a mainstream zombie movie to make it more appealing to casuals. That's my take away at least.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olive00 View Post
    I am a fan of the Walking Dead and I already knew that I would watch Walking Dead: World Beyond. And in short, I didn't like it. I do not know what audience the series "The Walking Dead: The World Beyond" is intended for, but it is clear that fans of the franchise will rush to watch this suffering teenage drama. I'll watch the sequel, because there were rumors about the appearance of Rick, but I don't really believe in this either.
    Answered your own question. TWB was clearly made for teens and YA audiences. That's what I got from the first season.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the reaction from critics was less than kind. The final episode from one site proclaimed World Beyond was a gigantic waste of time and didn't deliver. Which judging from what we have seen is to create World War Z walkers...then yes. Its a gigantic waste of F'n time here. They needed to sell a stinger to get fans pumped for a Rick Grimes return and final 2 parts of Walking Dead main series. Instead they failed MASSIVELY.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I just watched the finale of World Beyond and it felt anti-climatic.

Making it to Portland before the CRM razes it means what exactly??? Who are they going to convince that the CRM is out to to eliminate them? Why would anyone believe them? Who are they to anyone? I have to believe the CRM/Anne has embedded personnel and means to communicate have been done. I don't see making it to Portland as a victory.

Huck is dead, someone had to die, couldn't be casualty free on the good guys side. Flip side, so is her husband. Wish I could say I felt something at their passing but two seasons wasn't enough for me to care.

Anne has taken Kublek in as a traitor. Curious what "evidence" that will be. I doubt we've seen the last of Kublek and for sure not the last of Anne.

During the Huck/Anne fight we get broad details yet again on Rick. It would've been nice for a visual. Maybe a room he was in with his sheriff uniform hanging?

Silas could easily go sideways and fall into a Stockholm syndrome type situation.

Enjoyed the CDC doctor via video in the credit stinger. What a call back, S1 of TWD. So is it likely saying the virus was a French or EU creation? He mentioned that we(US) hadn't seen the variant they were discussing. The variant being "speed" Walkers? Not to read too much into it but could the virus have been created due to say, Gain of Function research? Just to make real life a bit more anxiety filled than it already is.

Time for me to double back and get started on Fear the Walking Dead S7 now. I think it just wrapped it's mid-season break.

All in all World Beyond was ok. It primarily served to tell us more about the Civic Republic and really left it open, depending on your point of view, if they are wholly bad guys are not. They made some drastic decisions that were brutal to be sure and stated they made them out of "doing what is best for humanity long-term" but no other voices got to chime in on if their analysis was just or fair.

I rate the series as it is and what we know of its impact in the broader TWDU to be a grade of: C+