Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Vance Astrovik (Justice/ Marvel Boy) Appreciation 2020

Where is Vance, and how come he’s not on Krakoa since he’s a Mutant ??

Mighty Member

Where is it mentioned he's a mutant? It will be great if he can join X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Where is it mentioned he's a mutant? It will be great if he can join X-Men.
    Well...Fabian Nicieza's original New Warrior's run from the early and mid-1990s and then Kurt Busiek's Avengers run from the late 1990s are 2 sources I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Where is Vance, and how come he’s not on Krakoa since he’s a Mutant ??
    Vance has always been a mutant, starting with his alternate timeline version Major Victory (Vance Astro) from the original Guardians of the Galaxy. He premiered in Thing's solo back in the early 80's. Even though he is a mutant, he idolized the Avengers, even tried to walk up to the door to join, but Cap shot him down, saying he was too young and inexperienced.
    As far as I know, he never spoke on his view about the X-Men, but he was defiantly proud of how he was. In reality he just never crossed paths with the X-Men and only dealt with X-Force, who were more extreme then the New Warriors.
    I doubt he would ever join Krakoa. We might have gotten his views in the newest New Warriors, but I don't know the status on that series since the COVID19. Firestar is a mentor there and we see Vance do a fly-by, but that's it.

He's definitely a mutant, but one of the few with no connection to the X Men other than his X gene and his ex girlfriend Firestar. He's a New Warror and Avenger and has never shown any interest in joining their ranks.

Astonishing Member

Vance was a member of the Hellfire Club. That entitles him to be an x-character.

Vance has his own mind. He doesn’t feel that he has to move to Krakoa just because all the kewl mutants are doing so.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

He's always had more ties with the avengers and FF. Would be interesting to see him in the X-Men but there's already a million tk users on the island.

Yessss!!!! I love Justice and always wanted him to be a member of the X-Men. He can rekindle the old flame he had with Firestar!! Now he doesn't necessarily need to be an X-Men he can just be a Krakoan. Oh and the CAPES!!! He knows how to serve a good cape!

Should he go back to a Marvel moniker? Marvel Man? Marvel-X?

He could date La Bandera. They seem perfectly suited for each other.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I've always thought it was interesting that he kept himself away from the X-world. It would actually be quite compelling and topical to see him confronted with his own privilege (sorry to trigger some of ya'll). But it's like kind of perfect. Handsome, white, straight cis-male that has never had to deal with being hated and feared. Sounds super familiar to me LOL. I don't think it would, could, or even should sustain a whole series or anything, but if he were even put on a Krakoan team book, it would be a worthwhile plot point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I've always thought it was interesting that he kept himself away from the X-world. It would actually be quite compelling and topical to see him confronted with his own privilege (sorry to trigger some of ya'll). But it's like kind of perfect. Handsome, white, straight cis-male that has never had to deal with being hated and feared.
    Except by his own father who physically abused him for years, leading to him running away from home--and later led to him accidentally killing his father in self defense and being sentenced to prison.

Although he didn't face the same amount of anti-mutant bigotry that he would have as a member of the X-Men, he DID get anti-mutant bigotry thrown at him during his time with the New Warriors and the Avengers. It was also mentioned that he faced some anti-semitism growing up as well.

While he has arguably had it better than some mutants, I don't think he's really the poster child for "pass for normal privilege" in the mutant community.

At one point he would have been a good choice for the X-men franchise but the X-men have add characters over the years and namely Hellion imo makes him less necessary to the X-men. Before creation of Hellion and Quire he would have been a nice fit in the franchise filling the role of Ultra powerful male TK user but now they are multiple characters including previous mention characters and Shola Inkosi who can fill that role.

It would be interesting to see him interact with X-men, He could be the voice of all the salty X-fans who have a problem with Krakoa. But on more serious note yeah it would be interesting if some one wrote something interesting from his perspective He is one of two higher profile mutants along with Molly Hayes who don't hang with the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    At one point he would have been a good choice for the X-men franchise but the X-men have add characters over the years and namely Hellion imo makes him less necessary to the X-men. Before creation of Hellion and Quire he would have been a nice fit in the franchise filling the role of Ultra powerful male TK user but now they are multiple characters including previous mention characters and Shola Inkosi who can fill that.
    So by your argument, we should not have Gentle since we already have a super strength character like Colossus or Guido. Rachel shouldn’t exist because we have Jean. Siren should not be around because we have Banshee.

Vance has been in existence since the 70s and deserves to come home to Krakoa.

El Aguila on the other hand, was one who pretended he wasn’t a mutant AFAIK. It would be interesting to see him confronted about that if he ever decided to go through Crucible.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Vance has been in existence since the 70s and deserves to come home to Krakoa.
    But Krakoa isn't home for him.

He's a person that's a mutant, but he doesn't define himself simply as a mutant. I can't say why he would want to go live with "his own kind", when he doesn't really have anything in common with any of them and only briefly met couple of them at best.