Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It'd be interesting to see what Cyclops thinks of Vance given Outlawed and Cyclops being a founding member of the Champions.

Though with the X-Books the way they are it's a wonder if Scott even considers Kamala a friend post Krakoa
    She helped solve the mist problem that was affecting the mutants during Inhumans vs X-men so yah she is ok with Krakoa

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

That was more a jab as to the inconsistency between how mutants interact with non-mutant heroes/characters in some of the X-books and in the rest of the Marvel U.

It'd be interesting to see what Cyclops thinks of Vance given Outlawed and Cyclops being a founding member of the Champions.

Though with the X-Books the way they are it's a wonder if Scott even considers Kamala a friend post Krakoa
    One of the solicitations with Cyclops on the cover says that the Champions are going to ask the "only adult they can still trust" for help. I think Cyclops doesn't have to hold Vance in high regard for chasing his old friends.

But I suspect that the Champions are not going to get all the help that Cyclops would like to be able to offer.

It would be a catastrophic diplomatic incident if the leader of Krakoa's army were actively involved in an internal US conflict.

Given Vance's powers and personality I could actually see him leading a X-Team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    He's definitely a mutant, but one of the few with no connection to the X Men other than his X gene and his ex girlfriend Firestar. He's a New Warror and Avenger and has never shown any interest in joining their ranks.
    Yeah, this appreciation thread is in the wrong subforum, it should be in the Marvel Comics section, not the X-Books section.
    Even though it wasn't Vance's team, I wonder if they'll revive the Z-list mutants in the New Warriors team who were killed by Nitro at the start of Civil War
    That would just be Microbe. Night Thrasher and Namorita have already been pulled out from before they died, effectively resurrecting them, Speedball never died in the first place, and Debrii and Nova were both absent.

I don't see why he wouldn't. For political reasons he probably can't help her though (Champions #3 is supposed to cover that). And what Vance does is none of his business, unless he decides to come to Krakoa - which is highly unlikely.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, even if Cyclops is upset about what Vance is doing, it's not his jurisdiction. Vance is not a citizen of Krakoa, he is a citizen of the United States and is enforcing a United States law.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So by your argument, we should not have Gentle since we already have a super strength character like Colossus or Guido. Rachel shouldn’t exist because we have Jean. Siren should not be around because we have Banshee.

Vance has been in existence since the 70s and deserves to come home to Krakoa.

El Aguila on the other hand, was one who pretended he wasn’t a mutant AFAIK. It would be interesting to see him confronted about that if he ever decided to go through Crucible.
    Does El Aguila have his powers back?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Given Vance's powers and personality I could actually see him leading a X-Team.
    I can't.

I mean, he's more than qualified, but writers actually trying something new, character-wise? Relying on logical character narrative?

Never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I can't.

I mean, he's more than qualified, but writers actually trying something new, character-wise? Relying on logical character narrative?

Never happen.
    I believe his narrative as a "NEW" mutant -- in the sense of NEW to the COMMUNITY -- would be fascinating.
    I can't necessarily buy him being appointed a position of authority -- even WITH his credentials-- because a team is IDEALLY going to follow their leader based on mutual respect and trust and his being a foreign entity of sorts seems unlikely?

But I can absolutely get into some stories about Vance joining Krakoa etc. It would make for an interesting narrative about the reality of community gate keeping for example.

It would be interesting to see Vance at the Sextant and other mutants, say MLF and OG Hellions, reacting to him being there.

Roulette flirt with him though. Let’s see that couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Does El Aguila have his powers back?
    No but he could do the Crucible. Have we seen anyone else go through that?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I know it would never happen, especially now that he's working with the government again (stupid); I could have seen Vance being an ambassador to the US for Krakoa with a team that would secretly handle anti-mutant threats in country. It would be a struggle for him because it would be hard to toe the Krakoan line, so to speak, because he would still believe the best in humanity and its heroes, but he could admit having a mutant homeland could be the best way his other people could survive. I mean, he loves his powers - he loves being a hero - but he must have a negative opinion on how mutants have been treated in the last few years. Just look at what the US government did during Uncanny. That should have pushed him closer to the X-Men.
    That one thing Krakoa needs is a State Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, even if Cyclops is upset about what Vance is doing, it's not his jurisdiction. Vance is not a citizen of Krakoa, he is a citizen of the United States and is enforcing a United States law.
    I think all mutants are citizens of Krakoa. At least that what I got from HoX #1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I can't.

Never happen.
    I can dream then.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.