Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I really don't get the Vance hate in these boards. Krakoa is home for all mutants.

I'd rather see him back in this costume though....

Justice-Marvel-Comics-Warriors-Vance-Astro-Avengers-d.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-07-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't see why it's arbitrarily less a home for him than any other random mutant. Vance not being in the X-Men doesn't make him not a mutant.

I think it’s be better to say “he is welcome on Krakoa” than to say “Krakoa is his home”.

Surely Vance will call “home” wherever he wishes to. And sure, the whims of a writer can change that, because Vance doesn’t really have any autonomy.

But it should also be fine for him to not call it home.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Except by his own father who physically abused him for years, leading to him running away from home--and later led to him accidentally killing his father in self defense and being sentenced to prison.

Although he didn't face the same amount of anti-mutant bigotry that he would have as a member of the X-Men, he DID get anti-mutant bigotry thrown at him during his time with the New Warriors and the Avengers. It was also mentioned that he faced some anti-semitism growing up as well.

While he has arguably had it better than some mutants, I don't think he's really the poster child for "pass for normal privilege" in the mutant community.
    And let's not forget that Vance's dad was a gay man who had to hide his sexuality because the era he lived in didn't accept the LGBT community.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Even though it wasn't Vance's team, I wonder if they'll revive the Z-list mutants in the New Warriors team who were killed by Nitro at the start of Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Except by his own father who physically abused him for years, leading to him running away from home--and later led to him accidentally killing his father in self defense and being sentenced to prison.

Although he didn't face the same amount of anti-mutant bigotry that he would have as a member of the X-Men, he DID get anti-mutant bigotry thrown at him during his time with the New Warriors and the Avengers. It was also mentioned that he faced some anti-semitism growing up as well.

While he has arguably had it better than some mutants, I don't think he's really the poster child for "pass for normal privilege" in the mutant community.
    I'm not saying he didn't have hardship. Everyone does. But he's kept himself removed from the mutant struggle for the most part. That's a very common theme in the gay community, for example. People who don't rustle any feathers, stay kind of hidden, but then enjoy all the benefits that others fight for. I'm, of course, not saying this is something shameful or disgraceful or anything. It's usually more of an internal struggle that a lot of us go through.

I just want him to join so someone can teach him how to use his TK on Jean's level...at the very least some molecules manipulation.

Plus I could see him starting off as a spy for the Avengers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE VANCE! Vance and Firestar were the reason I loved New Warriors. The issues of him dealing with his abusive self hating gay father were a big deal back in the day. The name JUSTICE, however, never sat well with me. It's just corny. I would just prefer he go by his last name. I wish he was used more often. I would love to see him interact with other telekinetics. Now that he is no longer dating Firestar, he should go on a date with Rachel so that they can talk about their codenames: Justice and Prestige.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I'm not saying he didn't have hardship. Everyone does. But he's kept himself removed from the mutant struggle for the most part. That's a very common theme in the gay community, for example. People who don't rustle any feathers, stay kind of hidden, but then enjoy all the benefits that others fight for. I'm, of course, not saying this is something shameful or disgraceful or anything. It's usually more of an internal struggle that a lot of us go through.
    Not rustle any feathers? He and the New Warriors took down the Upstarts.

Vance has never hidden the fact that he's a mutant. He's just never up on an X, because he really is too good for them

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not rustle any feathers? He and the New Warriors took down the Upstarts.

Vance has never hidden the fact that he's a mutant. He's just never up on an X, because he really is too good for them
    I know you're just joking, but he's not too good for them! I want him to join them in some way some day!

He hasn't ruffled feathers like in an activism way. Again, I said there was no shame in it, just that there is potential story there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I know you're just joking, but he's not too good for them! I want him to join them in some way some day!

He hasn't ruffled feathers like in an activism way. Again, I said there was no shame in it, just that there is potential story there.
    I'm only kinda joking.

I can't see him being ok with Mr. Sinister and Apoccy being on the ruling council, given their past efforts at genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I LOOOOOOOOOVE VANCE! Vance and Firestar were the reason I loved New Warriors. The issues of him dealing with his abusive self hating gay father were a big deal back in the day. The name JUSTICE, however, never sat well with me. It's just corny. I would just prefer he go by his last name. I wish he was used more often. I would love to see him interact with other telekinetics. Now that he is no longer dating Firestar, he should go on a date with Rachel so that they can talk about their codenames: Justice and Prestige.
    He was my favourite character in the new Warriors too. He is one character that should ALWAYS wear a cape.

And I agree, I've never liked the name justice. Vance Astro sounds better, even if it is a little too close to GOTG.

I'd like him to join the X-Men but I'd much rather he joined the GOTG and fulfil his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Even though it wasn't Vance's team, I wonder if they'll revive the Z-list mutants in the New Warriors team who were killed by Nitro at the start of Civil War
    I believe we have seen a cameo of Microbe.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Well right now he is too busy working for the government organization C.R.A.D.L.E abusi.. er Uhm I mean captu.. I mean protecting young superheroes in latest of Champions outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm only kinda joking.

I can't see him being ok with Mr. Sinister and Apoccy being on the ruling council, given their past efforts at genocide
    Justice is very much an old school superhero. I can't see him going along with a LOT of what Krakoa is doing and who they let stay here.