Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

I think Clayton Crain deserves a shout, he may not have done as many titles as Silva, but his rendering is a standout and he deserves to be mentioned as a trailblazer among peers, he set off the X-force relaunch pre SComing ,and Necrosha, Messiah War arcs were mind-blowing for me.Maybe guys left him out coz he's now doing art for a different comic house? ...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think Clayton Crain deserves a shout, he may not have done as many titles as Silva, but his rendering is a standout and he deserves to be mentioned as a trailblazer among peers, he set off the X-force relaunch pre SComing ,and Necrosha, Messiah War arcs were mind-blowing for me.Maybe guys left him out coz he's now doing art for a different comic house? ...
    Clayton Crain is well deserving of a big shout for sure. I feel his and Kyle & Yost's (and the amazing Mike Choi too - I wonder what happened to him?) X-Force gets criminally overlooked because Remender's Uncanny X-Force which immediately followed was so successful and well-received critically. But their black-ops take was amazing from start to finish and actually ended on such a high note with the excellent Necrosha event.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Clayton Crain is well deserving of a big shout for sure. I feel his and Kyle & Yost's (and the amazing Mike Choi too - I wonder what happened to him?) X-Force gets criminally overlooked because Remender's Uncanny X-Force which immediately followed was so successful and well-received critically. But their black-ops take was amazing from start to finish and actually ended on such a high note with the excellent Necrosha event.

Agreed with this whole post. For most important 2010s artist I'm going with Bachalo for sure.

Astonishing Member

Mike Choi was good too, I too wonder what happened to him.Two more shout outs for me would be Clay Mann and Ken Lashley(I think Ken started before 2010 but I'm talking about his post 2010 art) ..always loved arcs where they were involved.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-05-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Mike Choi was good too, I too wonder what happened to him.Two more shout outs for me would be Clay Mann and Ken Lashley(I think Ken started before 2010 but I'm talking about his post 2010 art) ..always loved arcs where they were involved.
    Clay Mann is one of the biggest missteps of the X-office of the 2000s (and there were many of them). I can think of very few artists better suited to the X-Men... and they kept him on secondary X-titles for ages until the competition snatched him up. What a waste of a wonderful talent.

Astonishing Member

Clay Mann is one of the biggest missteps of the X-office of the 2000s (and there were many of them). I can think of very few artists better suited to the X-Men... and they kept him on secondary X-titles for ages until the competition snatched him up. What a waste of a wonderful talent.
    So true about Mann there, it's a travesty they couldn't tie him down long term.He's been killing it on DC, though I think he left them recently too, but I really miss his awesome art. That's why Necrosha is my fave saga artwise Crain and Mann for the win. Second Coming is my fave storywise and Choi was part of that too.That 2010-2013 era was epic year in year out -Crain,Coipiel,Mann,Choi,Opena,Brooks,Conrad ..incredible
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-05-2020 at 12:21 PM.