Spectacular Member

Default Will all the Dawn of X books be combined into one big book?

Kind of like how HoXPoX got combined into one big book - do you think that when all of these separate runs are done - would they be collected into one big book?

I figure that the X of Swords 22 issues would make its own book but they're including issues of some of the Dawn of X series, so hard to tell what will be done with them.

Also, what are everyone's thoughts when it comes to buying a big book collection once the story is done, rather than issue by issue? I would think the issue by issue would be more expensive, but it lets you get the hard/digital copies earlier. However, waiting on the consolidated book might not help sales figures of your favorite issues (in that if they don't see good sales they may get canceled early).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Kind of like how HoXPoX got combined into one big book - do you think that when all of these separate runs are done - would they be collected into one big book?

I figure that the X of Swords 22 issues would make its own book but they're including issues of some of the Dawn of X series, so hard to tell what will be done with them.

Also, what are everyone's thoughts when it comes to buying a big book collection once the story is done, rather than issue by issue? I would think the issue by issue would be more expensive, but it lets you get the hard/digital copies earlier. However, waiting on the consolidated book might not help sales figures of your favorite issues (in that if they don't see good sales they may get canceled early).

I can't remember the release date, but there will be a single hardcover collecting the entire storyline.

I love hardcover collections, be it a basic hardcover, omnibus, absolute, etc....I prefer omnibus & absolute collections, but I'll take a basic hardcover if that's all that's available. What I generally do is collect a few titles, in regard to single issues, and if I like the comic enough I buy whatever collection that gets released.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I can't remember the release date, but there will be a single hardcover collecting the entire storyline.

I love hardcover collections, be it a basic hardcover, omnibus, absolute, etc....I prefer omnibus & absolute collections, but I'll take a basic hardcover if that's all that's available. What I generally do is collect a few titles, in regard to single issues, and if I like the comic enough I buy whatever collection that gets released.
    Yea I was just not sure if they were going to consider like - all of Marauders 1 book and put that into a book - or take everything that's under the "dawn of X" titles and put them all together (ie, mixing Cable, Wolverine, New Mutants, Excalibur, etc) into one book, and maybe issues 1-22 of X of Swords into another book (even though some of those constituent chapters would be just the last issues of the aforementioned series) -pretty complicated stuff haha!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post

Yea I was just not sure if they were going to consider like - all of Marauders 1 book and put that into a book - or take everything that's under the "dawn of X" titles and put them all together (ie, mixing Cable, Wolverine, New Mutants, Excalibur, etc) into one book, and maybe issues 1-22 of X of Swords into another book (even though some of those constituent chapters would be just the last issues of the aforementioned series) -pretty complicated stuff haha!

I've been on instocktrades.com and it looks like they've done both. They have trade paperbacks of Dawn of X, where Volume 1 contains X-men #1, Marauders #1, X-Force #1, New Mutants #1, Excalibur #1 and Fallen Angels #1 and Volume 2 collects issue #2 of all those series and so on. But they also have trade paperbacks for the individual titles with each volume collecting about 6 issues.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci