Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jarro?

Default Jarro?

Apologies if there is a thread for this or if this is the wrong place, I’ve looked but could not find. (It could be in the dreaded plain sight.)

Can someone tell me about Jarro? I saw something that this little dude is a Robin...? Who is Jarro and where did Jarro come from? Something about Justice League, but I don’t usually read team books.

Is this worth following up on?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Apologies if there is a thread for this or if this is the wrong place, I’ve looked but could not find. (It could be in the dreaded plain sight.)

Can someone tell me about Jarro? I saw something that this little dude is a Robin...? Who is Jarro and where did Jarro come from? Something about Justice League, but I don’t usually read team books.

Is this worth following up on?
    Isn’t Jarro just one of the Starros that Robin/Batman caught. And now it’s captured in a jar that Robin keeps as a pet?

Jarro is a baby Starro that came to be after Justice League No Justice. Starro tried to mind control a Omega Titan and got torn to pieces. Batman took a piece of Starro and kept it in a jar, which eventually grew into a baby Starro that bonded to Bruce as his parent; that's how we got Jarro. Jarro is great but if your are weighing if you should read Snyder's Justice League based on Jarro alone, I would say skip but there is one issue focused on him that's worth checking out (I forget which)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t Jarro just one of the Starros that Robin/Batman caught. And now it’s captured in a jar that Robin keeps as a pet?
    I had no idea, it just confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Jarro is a baby Starro that came to be after Justice League No Justice. Starro tried to mind control a Omega Titan and got torn to pieces. Batman took a piece of Starro and kept it in a jar, which eventually grew into a baby Starro that bonded to Bruce as his parent; that's how we got Jarro. Jarro is great but if your are weighing if you should read Snyder's Justice League based on Jarro alone, I would say skip but there is one issue focused on him that's worth checking out (I forget which)
    Ahhh, you always come by to answer my question. You know everything! Thanks, I find Snyder hit or miss sometimes... that explains the little star in the Robin suit. I may check it out.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

He's suppose to play a big part in "Death Metal" so you might want to check him out there as well.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

He's wonderful, very much worth checking up on. He's a baby Starro who has taken to Batman.

I had no idea, it just confused me.

Ahhh, you always come by to answer my question. You know everything! Thanks, I find Snyder hit or miss sometimes... that explains the little star in the Robin suit. I may check it out.
    LOL I only know some things, but I'm always happy to help. I feel you on Snyder being hit or miss, i love the guy but he gets a little too into his stories and things get lost in the mess (which in terms of weaknesses, is not a horrible one). Jarro was a great addition tho, I hope once Snyder concludes Death Metal they can find somewhere for Jarro.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He was fun at first but now he's wearing out his welcome, though that could just be my fatigue with Snyder's DCU epic.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    LOL I only know some things, but I'm always happy to help. I feel you on Snyder being hit or miss, i love the guy but he gets a little too into his stories and things get lost in the mess (which in terms of weaknesses, is not a horrible one). Jarro was a great addition tho, I hope once Snyder concludes Death Metal they can find somewhere for Jarro.
    Yeah, exactly! I think that’s the perfect way to describe his writing. Yeah, I accidentally stumbled upon Jarro so I’m hoping for something entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He was fun at first but now he's wearing out his welcome, though that could just be my fatigue with Snyder's DCU epic.
    Oh no, is it a character thing? Like he’s annoying?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, exactly! I think that’s the perfect way to describe his writing. Yeah, I accidentally stumbled upon Jarro so I’m hoping for something entertaining.

Oh no, is it a character thing? Like he’s annoying?
    Snyder is just very in love with him so he keeps cropping up and it's the same joke ever. He's a loud, obnoxious Batman fanboy (Jarro) and he wants to be Robin. Batman has finally started getting in on the joke, which is a bit fun, but I'm over the whole thing. Make a playlist out of that idea and hit shuffle and you've got Jarro.

I probably wouldn't care if Bruce's actual son wasn't Robin and if Batman still teamed up with Robin, but what it essentially comes down to is Batman would rather team up with his alien starfish stan than his partner/son. As a joke one or two times it's funny. Ad nauseam over the course of two years? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    He's wonderful, very much worth checking up on. He's a baby Starro who has taken to Batman.
    lol That is really funny. So he just decided this little guy needs to be a Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He's suppose to play a big part in "Death Metal" so you might want to check him out there as well.
    This is getting deeper than I had initially anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Snyder is just very in love with him so he keeps cropping up and it's the same joke ever. He's a loud, obnoxious Batman fanboy (Jarro) and he wants to be Robin. Batman has finally started getting in on the joke, which is a bit fun, but I'm over the whole thing. Make a playlist out of that idea and hit shuffle and you've got Jarro.

I probably wouldn't care if Bruce's actual son wasn't Robin and if Batman still teamed up with Robin, but what it essentially comes down to is Batman would rather team up with his alien starfish stan than his partner/son. As a joke one or two times it's funny. Ad nauseam over the course of two years? Pass.
    Oh dang, has it been that long? I’ve been very lazy with my comic reading. I’m trying to be open minded. I’ll give it a shot and if it doesn’t pan out for me, there’s nothing forcing me to keep reading it.

lol That is really funny. So he just decided this little guy needs to be a Robin?
    As I understand it, more like Jarro decided he needs to be the best Robin ever.

As someone who hates Damian with a passion, I'm rooting for the little space starfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As I understand it, more like Jarro decided he needs to be the best Robin ever.

As someone who hates Damian with a passion, I'm rooting for the little space starfish.
    Ohh, I see. I can support those endeavors.

Quick question: Does Jarro actually call Batman “dad”?

Ohh, I see. I can support those endeavors.

Quick question: Does Jarro actually call Batman “dad”?
    yes

it's cute. I'd kill for that little starboy.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-07-2020 at 10:22 AM.

currently following:

Okay, I am convinced. I’m totally go to track down those issues, because Batman is hugging a starfish that calls him “dad”.

Also, I see that Shawshank Redemption reference.