Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My choice would definitely be those corner boxes with all the Marvel characters on the top of the covers...
    https://www.cbr.com/thinking-outside...box-cover-art/

Love these as well. I still use them whenever I create a faux cover.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It’s why characters like Jane Foster and Flash Thompson becoming superheroes is so jarring. It arguably makes them more generic.
    Depends how its done, though.

When Flash was Venom, it built on his time as a soldier, focused on his disability and his past and he actually kept a civilian job.

I agree that too many characters are 'professional heroes', but I think Flash had a nice balance

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    Those little boxes that told you what back issue something occurred in. I think they're now considered confusing and intimidating but I always loved them and felt inspired to track down old stories because of them
    +1000 This stuff was so incredibly helpful when I was young and wanted to not only build my collection but read the stories and understand the history. Now continuity has become a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My choice would definitely be those corner boxes with all the Marvel characters on the top of the covers...
    https://www.cbr.com/thinking-outside...box-cover-art/
    This is the same for me. It always helped to know who was in the issue.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

When Flash was Venom, it built on his time as a soldier, focused on his disability and his past and he actually kept a civilian job.

I agree that too many characters are 'professional heroes', but I think Flash had a nice balance
    I think that Flash Venom is one of the prime examples of "terrible idea, good execution", at least under Remender, Bunn made it weird.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Longtime posters will anticipate me saying this but I would love the return of the Western heroes: Two-Gun Kid, Ringo Kid...all the Kids!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I can see this. Does Sharon Carter fall into this category?
    Well, yeah, there's nothing quite normal about being a SHIELD Agent. And nowadays she wears a white catsuit 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The character itself was nice. I just didn't like the fact that it was Spider-man's old supporting cast memeber Flash Thompson.

Boisterously Confused

I'd love to see some more stories set at The Rutland Vermont Halloween Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The character itself was nice. I just didn't like the fact that it was Spider-man's old supporting cast memeber Flash Thompson.
    I didn't like it initially for the same reason.

If they had done the symbiotic-suit-story back in the day, Flash would have made a likely Venom. They probably would have done it so Flash initially didn't have any knowledge or memories of what he'd done as Venom except some hazy memories he might have took for dreams. Waking up in weird places thinking he must have been sleepwalking...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, yeah, there's nothing quite normal about being a SHIELD Agent. And nowadays she wears a white catsuit 90% of the time.
    Well, she's not technically a superhero. More like a supporting cast member and fits into his world perfectly. You can literally drop her in most any Cap story and she works. Which is why his love interest during those Byrne/Zeck issues never worked for me. Bernie just seemed out of place in every panel she appeared in.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

For the 60s to the 80s i miss--

Comic covers were like movie trailers for that comic! How is iron man going to get out of this one?

Movie and cartoon comics like gijoe, transformers, scooby-doo and rom.

Comics cost 65 to 75 cents!

You could walk into a gas station and pick up some issues for $2!

You could pick up a book for 12 issues and not have to pick up 12 other titles every three months from event after event.

Fun comic ads like the fruit pie ads, fun order from marvel ads and ads for other titles and saturday morning previews!

Marvel had fun with some of those ads. They even did capt crunch ads!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    For the 60s to the 80s i miss--

Comic covers were like movie trailers for that comic! How is iron man going to get out of this one?

Movie and cartoon comics like gijoe, transformers, scooby-doo and rom.

Comics cost 65 to 75 cents!

You could walk into a gas station and pick up some issues for $2!

You could pick up a book for 12 issues and not have to pick up 12 other titles every three months from event after event.

Fun comic ads like the fruit pie ads, fun order from marvel ads and ads for other titles and saturday morning previews!

Marvel had fun with some of those ads. They even did capt crunch ads!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hey look, that advertisement is selling subscriptions for just.....THIRTY-ONE TITLES!? How awesome is that? I would like nothing more than to see Marvel Comics shrunk down to that.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Love these as well. I still use them whenever I create a faux cover.
    Absolutely this! This is what made a Marvel comic book stick out.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Technically, Kitty was running from a N'astirh demon, but yeah, like the Brood, it was straight out of Alien, and unapologetically so.
    The N’Astirh predated the Alien by 4 years.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 10-07-2020 at 10:31 PM.