Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Psychedelic Dr Strange
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Tell a story in every issue, even in ongoing arcs, rather than present decompressed segments of the eventual collected edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Less fixation with MU-wide crossovers.
    These. Plus more thought bubbles, please.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Character development, resolving subplots regardless of who started them and supporting casts that are useful.

Superheroes had lives outside being Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That’s a huge one and personal pet peeve of mine.

Characters like Hawkeye (who seemed to live off their Avengers stipend and in the Mansion and be full time heroes) used to be the exception not the rule.

Incredible Member

Corner boxes are a big one for me too. Also, popular characters didn't appear in five or six titles a month, with no explanation of how they got from 'A' to 'B' with any coherent time line. In the older books, if Daredevil appeared in Amazing Spider-Man, there would always be a footnote saying when the story took place and how DD got there, so that it made sense. I am so sick of seeing Wolverine in space and fighting ninja's in Japan in the same month, with absolutely no attention paid to continuity.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I was the other way - I didn't like those because I liked seeing the line-up displayed in the box. I used to like to compare the cover boxes to each other.
    You know, I hadn't really thought of it this way, but that pose at the end of the opening credits of Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes, right before the camera pulls back to the logo, showing who the episode would feature?

Image.jpg

Those were basically cornerboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Ooo! Yes!

Make room for some characters by alleviating their need to sell 12 issues a year.

I also loved the anthology titles. It takes a different kind of story-telling, but Dr. Strange, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Iron Man had some ripping adventures when they had only half an issue to work with. But then, if you cut the decompression out, there's room for at least two features per issue in most modern comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Ongoings for characters like Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider that actually lasted more than 20 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The wider diversity of characters, A, B and C level types, all getting shots at ongoings.
    marvel consistently and constantly attempts these things, people just don't buy them
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Publish and support a Namor book with A list talent.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I miss when women were properly focused on keeping a neat home, trying new hairstyles, and having babies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I miss when women were properly focused on keeping a neat home, trying new hairstyles, and having babies.
    I don't know how much you're joking and how much you're serious about.

Astonishing Member

Tight continuity and dead characters stayed dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some I definitely agree. That said, I've recently read some old issues of the Byrne and Zeck runs of Captain America and while fun and obviously gorgeous, Steve attempting to maintain a secret id was absolutely cringeworthy.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    For some I definitely agree. That said, I've recently read some old issues of the Byrne and Zeck runs of Captain America and while fun and obviously gorgeous, Steve attempting to maintain a secret id was absolutely cringeworthy.
    It's interesting to think that nowadays, the idea of a superhero retiring or going on genuine leave is ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's interesting to think that nowadays, the idea of a superhero retiring or going on genuine leave is ridiculous.
    Don't get me wrong, secret ids are absolutely essential for characters like Spider-Man and Daredevil (well, at least the attempt to maintain a secret id in his case), but for others like Cap they just seem like a distraction from the real story. Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run from a few years ago, though, I thought was a pretty entertaining attempt at what trying to maintain a secret id would be like today. Like, everyone knew he was "Hawk Guy," but everyone just went along with it to humor him.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    marvel consistently and constantly attempts these things, people just don't buy them
    They are also WAY faster to cancel these days. I'm not sure The All New X-Men would have been given enough time to make it in today's environment.