Always Rakzo

Default DCeased: Dead Planet #4 Discussion/Spoilers

Mixed bag as usual.

Tom Taylor continues this grim story with his classic ups and downs. First of all, I believe there are some good character moments including Mister Miracle's reunion with his father along with a nice sense of pacing and escalation that leads to a genuine final moment of desperation.

Then again, you see the expected problems like a completely off character Damian Wayne (It seems like Taylor just really wanted to use a younger Batman instead of a properly written Damian), a forced fight that accomplishes nothing (even Metron mentions that and it really doesn't make it better) and a scene that replicates a famous moment from Tom King's Mister Miracle but fails to accomplish the same emotional punch. Taylor just can't get that deep (and yes, this is me putting Tom King in a positive light).

Trevor Hairsine handles the art and is appropriate once again, even more polished than usual with a lot of character detail.

Aside from that, eh, I just want to see how this ends now.

Personally I like Taylor’s writing in this, though no bring surprise there for me really.

My only real question or concern is balancing the ending. At this point while the heroes are reaching their end goal there are just so many threats on the horizon I’m not really sure how it will all play out, with Trigon, the Amazo army, and what the anti-life equation has rolled up its sleeve. Like I really like the dceased universe and how it has furthered some characters I like but there are a lot of spinning plates of doom that Taylor needs to keep balanced in these last three issues.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

double post, sorry
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.