Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood of Zeus

Default Blood of Zeus

I was on youtube this morning and I came across this anime(can you really call it that when it is from an American studio).

In a brewing war between the gods of Olympus and the titans, Heron, a commoner living on the outskirts of ancient Greece, becomes mankind's best hope of surviving an evil demon army, when he discovers the secrets of his past.
    Premieres October 27 only on Netflix.

It is looked pretty interesting to me

I wish they didn't call this anime, but since it's by the Castlevania studio (I think?) I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I was already tired of the "normal young man who finds out he's special and destined to be a hero" trope even by the time the first Matrix came out. Nothing from the trailer makes me want to see it. I will read reviews to see if it offers more than that though.

Mighty Member

Heron? Should be Hercules.

Rare is a depiction of the Gigantomachy.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I watched the first episode it was solid, For some reason it felt a little like an ancient Justice League to me with scenes with Gods.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I watched the first episode it was solid, For some reason it felt a little like an ancient Justice League to me with scenes with Gods.
    Well the Justice League borrows a lot of the Olympians iconography so that's not really their fault. It's also a bit silly and shallow on the Justice League's part.

I enjoyed Blood of Zeus though. Hopefully there's a season 2.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 10-28-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Well the Justice League borrows a lot of the Olympians iconography so that's not really their fault. It's also a bit silly and shallow on the Justice League's part.

Superheroes are called modern day myths for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was already tired of the "normal young man who finds out he's special and destined to be a hero" trope even by the time the first Matrix came out. Nothing from the trailer makes me want to see it. I will read reviews to see if it offers more than that though.
    I actually worry a bit about what the "you are a secretly the rightful heir and hero of the land" trope has been doing to the psyche of Humanity for all the centuries it has been popular. Certainly explains the god-tier level of entitlement everyone seems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I actually worry a bit about what the "you are a secretly the rightful heir and hero of the land" trope has been doing to the psyche of Humanity for all the centuries it has been popular. Certainly explains the god-tier level of entitlement everyone seems to have.
    It’s a double edged sword, yeah. One of my favorite parts of The Incredibles Is the fact that Bob Parr brought things on himself/inadvertently created Syndrome by acting so damn superior when he was approached by a normal person who basically worshipped him. It shaped the young Syndrome’s entire world view.

I don't even know how to gauge success for something like this Netflix isn't ordinary content provider they are not necessarily rating driven. They are type of content need driven at times so they try to fill empty slots in different genres so they have a wide variety to offer for example with Marvel/Disney pulling all their stuff they need superhero content and kid content. A mediocre show might stick around now because they have none or few content of that type. The only thing that disappear quickly for Netflix now is mediocre and expensive aka Alter Carbon other than that who knows what they are looking at when they keep stuff.

Powerhouse animation is making Castlevania and Masters of the Universe: Revelation for Netflix so they got sort of pipeline with Netflix going now, So I am guess there is a pretty good chance for a Blood of Zeus season 2. And in interesting Powerhouse animation news they are making animated series called Heaven's Forest set Indo-futuristic world and is inspired from the Indian epic Ramayana.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-28-2020 at 03:36 AM.

Why make an original story and then just use Hercules origin?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why make an original story and then just use Hercules origin?
    To be fair being the son of Zeus isn't unique to to Hercules (in this case, Heracles). The same goes for Perseus and some other ones. It's kinda Zeus's thing to father children with mortal women.

To be fair being the son of Zeus isn't unique to to Hercules (in this case, Heracles). The same goes for Perseus and some other ones. It's kinda Zeus's thing to father children with mortal women.
    Usually while disguised as a swan, a tree, or something ridiculous like that.

Ultimate Member

Cause you know those crazy mortal women who apparently don't think that there's anything wrong with having sex with a swan or tree or something crazy like that...