BANNED

Default Your job...is to teach Doomsday HOW TO FIGHT!

One day Doomsday(yes, Doomsday...) comes looking for you. Why?

Apparently he's hit a dead end with prize fighting in the Khazan thanks to a certain angry demigod, who he just can't for the life of him beat with brute force(he keeps getting punched into oblivion.) And the first words he says?

"Need to learn...how to fight!"

Apparently DC pays him quite a bit for the use of his image, so you'll be paid about 1.5X what you're making now. So you've no incentive to say "no."

SO! How will you train Doomsday?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    One day Doomsday(yes, Doomsday...) comes looking for you. Why?

Apparently he's hit a dead end with prize fighting in the Khazan thanks to a certain angry demigod, who he just can't for the life of him beat with brute force(he keeps getting punched into oblivion.) And the first words he says?

"Need to learn...how to fight!"

Apparently DC pays him quite a bit for the use of his image, so you'll be paid about 1.5X what you're making now. So you've no incentive to say "no."

SO! How will you train Doomsday?
    Just to clarify, this means Doomsday is willing to learn?

Or must I devise some methods that use his usual....let's say tendencies?

And do I get a budget or something to train him? Am I limited to real world resources? Cause, I don't know if the stuff I would need to even try some 'Maybe we can build some rudimentary muscle memory so he can at least.....Block better." or something even exists in the real world.

I haven't keep up with Doomsday these days, but I don't recall him being the 'thinking' type.

...Actually, **** that. I just keep finding heavier and heavier stuff to drop on him until he evolves past the concept of Damage......(??)

I'll need "Eye of the Tiger", 80s training montage, and heavy hitting bag that can withstand his blows. Oh! And a big staircase, maybe the one to Luthor's LexCorp building or something. However, finding a sweatshirt and sweatpants his size, not easy.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

He's probably going to be annoyed grinding 100,910 JP in Ivalance, but he wants my training, we do it MY way!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Hah! Joke's on you! 1.5 x $0 = $0!

I'll train him the only way I know how...

The Wimp Lo Method

That depends. He is Kryptonian in nature still right? Meaning he can learn/process information really fast. Hey, Supes can do that trick.

Aside the 80s montage with music and hopefully get the right fighting gear. One method of training I would teach is “observe smart fighters.”

Show him clips of those who win in real world fights with equally powerful foes, sat mixed martial arts.

Teach him dodging, counters, grapples, and if facing a equal, not to use debris as a club, rather just grab to rip/tear/break. And such.

If Net Chou power in tact keep doing listed above, some magic spells as roofs, teach him some interesting tricks and useful attacks I know of ( As Net Chou is a fusion of all the crazy fiction **** I know of) and well try to improve his evolving not just as a status booster/retro defense boost but adapt brand new powers on the spot like Binter Killer Doomsday, just without dying before hand.

We need some kind of virtual reality set up, like jacking into the matrix. He gets a simulation of a human body and it becomes possible to spar with him.

As his skill increases, we alter the simulation so that he's more like himself (I guess I need to simulate a Kryptonian).

Without a virtual reality, we're left with katas and instructional materials. Not very promising. And he's gonna get bored with that rather quickly, which can't bode well for me.

Or maybe Odin would let me borrow the Destroyer Armor and we could spar on Mars?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The concept of teaching him to block is a good one. He has no defense at all.

So, we go all Karate Kid on him. Wax on, wax off, paint fence, etc. Then just start throwing things at him and make him use these techniques.

Finally, of course, it's time to learn the unstoppable (for one movie) Crane Technique. He then technically cannot lose.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Wondering how much of a nightmare DD would become if he had defense like this...

Around the third time I call him Grasshopper, he crushes my skull like an eggshell.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Wondering how much of a nightmare DD would become if he had defense like this...

With Mayweather's dodging, Tyson's slipping and countering, and Muhammad Ali's footwork, he'd be next to unstoppable with his current powerset in a straight fight. I would have him watching Youtube tutorials, following One Punch Man's training schedule.

I don't know isn't teaching Doomsday to block and dodge kind of pointless considering his regeneration and toughness? Especially since the folks he tends to fight hav er better mobility and range options then him anyway?

Wouldn't grabbing and using his spikes to shank a guy make more sense? Or may6the classic shank, grab, and shank as necessary?

The longer the fight goes the more likely you'll be space tossed phantom zoned.

I have been bingewatching Zorro content lately, from Kaiketsu Zorro (still in progress on that one though) to the Banderas movies (expect a few Zorro threads in the near future), and I admit I have always wanted to train someone Mask of Zorro-style, even if we are talking hand-to-hand here (I do have some basic sword training from my Jeet Kune Do instructor, but it's clearly not my specialty):

Okay, okay, stopping the Zorro trip here. I will train Doomsday in Savate, with his size and strength, his front and side kicks should become very potent weapons and will allow him to keep his distance and get hit less, on top of the footwork emphasis (which means that with his toughness and regen, stopping him will take much longer).

Plus, I get to make him wear a Savate outfit