Extraordinary Member

Default The Bane Thread (Appreciation, Fanart, etc,)

We had one like this on the older forum, and I what can I say? I want one back.

So, if I can start off some dialogue... what’s your favorite version of Bane?

Mine’s the one from Arkham Origins - J.B. Blanc’s voice acting, a very comic book based appearance in terms of size, much better boss battle construction than the other games, and honestly pretty much all the advantages of the original Dixon version and Tom Hardy’s version from TDKR.

Oh, and here’s a fan art redesign I made, where the idea was that he made his suit by stripping away the more gilded decorations of one of Ra’s Al Ghul’s Ubus, and actually has his Venom dispersal system installed underneath his skin.
    241C6E48-6E6A-4CE2-B0F9-5337B182F0B9.jpg
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I always like this drowning through the sequence of the ages in I am Suicide
    87b6b910c6c06e4ff489ed50ba83220e._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Goyer gets a lot of crud for bad dialogue for the heroes, but I think he needs to be acknowledged for some stand out villainous monologues in the TDK Trilogy - about half of the things Bane says are so quotable even without Hardy’s awesomely weird voice.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Goyer gets a lot of crud for bad dialogue for the heroes, but I think he needs to be acknowledged for some stand out villainous monologues in the TDK Trilogy - about half of the things Bane says are so quotable even without Hardy’s awesomely weird voice.
    The selection of Bane as the villain in the final film of the trilogy was a bit of a swerve for me, but it was ultimately a great choice in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anybody else like the naked guy on the throne of skull concept, or is that too much?

All-New Member

I’ll always be partial to Knightfall Bane. Vengeance of Bane was the book that got me into comics. I have a pretty big Bane collection.

I agree. Awesome way to introduce a villain as well...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Anybody else like the naked guy on the throne of skull concept, or is that too much?
    *I* feel it’s too much, but I kind of feel that way about most of that run of Batman.

I *do* like the idea of Bane being a modern barbarian - I actually think that’s the right way to view him in comparison to Batman’s Dark Knight - but the skull throne kind strikes against the more blunt and less theatrical and more utilitarian aesthetic I think works for him.

Him putting up his feet in his trailer and popping open a brewskie while trolling Batman in No Man’s Land feels more fun and real to me than monologuing on a throne.

That’s not to say I don’t love him monologuing at times, or getting poetic, but I like contrasting that with his more no-nonsense air in other stuff.

For instance, if I compared his skull-laden throne room in that run against the stripped down, dirty, and practical HQ in Arkham Origins, where he’s got weight equipment laying around near his own rudimentary Batcave, I’ll take the latter.