Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Punchline really feels like a millennial Harley, and honestly to some extent she seems more obsessed with Joker than Harley was. At least willing to go much farther with it than she was, since all Harley ever wanted was Joker to love her back, while Punchline wants to spread what she feels is his message in the most effective way possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Did they... make Leslie grow white streaks to make her older since they're not allowed to make her actually old?
    The same thought crossed my mind.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Punchline has mastered the most dangerous art of them all, playing a victim. A true Karen.

I can see how she can act as a foil to Harper. While Harper constantly tries to go against social norms for women and doesn't conform, Punchline uses them to her advantage.
    I'm glad you pointed that out because that was my big takeaway now after reading the full issue. Punchline was pretty clearly manipulating the public perception people had of her "being a victim" and weaponized it. Same with how I said back that her public apology was almost note for note the same recycle apology a Social Influencer will recite when they get caught in a controversy, you see it fully bloom here. It's why that very first scene she have a giant "Unreliable Narrator" tag stamped on every page, because it's the story that she is relaying to the court.

I also really loved the stuff with Cullen. Yeah his and Harper's argument was pretty by-the-numbers but it was a very effective way of showing how people can go down the rabbit hole of the Conspiracy Theory BS.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I was about the say, Punchline totally seem like the type who would attract a bunch of simps eager to defend her innocence.
    They would wreak havoc on Twitter, everyone who dislikes her would be "SJW haters" or "incels". Their go-to defense for Punchline would be "she's troubled", "she was a good quiet kid" and "freedom of speech".
    Gosh. Yesh. I love this concept so much. Forget Joker's New Girlfriend, this is how she's gonna stick around.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Considering Bluebird showing up in her oneshot in November, I’m curious about the idea of Punchline and Bluebird being archenemies.
    I didn’t think they’d actually go with this, but they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I didn’t think they’d actually go with this, but they did.
    They pit against each other well. I think however, that Tynion and Johns are setting the stage for what will ultimately be a Free-For-All confrontation between Bluebird, Punchline, and Clownhunter. After all, anyone who connects to Joker has the attention of Clownhunter, and he acts within The Narrows as well.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

This issue made me like Harper a lot more. She melds well with Punchline, they make each other more interesting. Hopefully, Clownhunter can do the same for Harley Quinn.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

How young is Leslie Thompkins supposed to be? I can buy her being Bruce's age...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I was about the say, Punchline totally seem like the type who would attract a bunch of simps eager to defend her innocence.
    They would wreak havoc on Twitter, everyone who dislikes her would be "SJW haters" or "incels". Their go-to defense for Punchline would be "she's troubled", "she was a good quiet kid" and "freedom of speech".
    How long do you think it will take until Punchline gets a seat on the Justice League?

I'm not going to lie, at first I didn't think much of Punchline except "discount Harley" with a cool design (and easy for someone to cosplay). However recently, especially with her doing the whole "tragic backstory" schtick, and playing with it. She's going through the cliches that a lot of popular female villains get to make them more "anti-heroine" and sympathetic and taking advantage of those tropes. I'm kind of curious to see where all of this will go.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Wait a minute...

Army of simps - check
    Streaming channel - check
    Anime Aesthetic - Check

Punchline is an e-girl. All she needs is a sidekick called White Knight...
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Punchline is not worth simping for.

read the issue girl is pretty smart excited to see where this goes. I dont know much about Harper and her family but that kinda sucks that her parents where killed by a mind control Cass I can understand how the brother feels
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    How young is Leslie Thompkins supposed to be? I can buy her being Bruce's age...
    She was an adult when the Wayne's were murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    so its an Aunt May situation trying to de aging her while we aint paying attention
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so its an Aunt May situation trying to de aging her while we aint paying attention
    It was the New 52. Everybody had to be young back then .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Right, but Bruce is not a spring chicken himself (He HAS to be at LEAST in his 40's), so perhaps Leslie is a youth vampire.

Oh, she's using the same routine as Spider-Man's Dr. Ashley Kafka, who was CLEARLY middle aged in early appearances.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

OMIGOSH YES she's EXACTLY like Aunt May
    She's in her 70s-80s in the 70s
    Aged down to Alfred's age in the 80s-90s and they have a tension, so about 60s
    Aged down to be in her 40s-50s in New 52 when Bruce is 32 (she has black hair but still has to be old enough to be a doctor in her 20s while helping Bruce as a child)