View Poll Results: Which was the worst event?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secret Wars 2

8 8.25%
  • Onslaught

1 1.03%
  • Fear Itself

7 7.22%
  • Age of Ultron

10 10.31%
  • Axis

7 7.22%
  • Civil War 2

38 39.18%
  • Secret Emire

8 8.25%
  • Avengers Vs. X-Men

14 14.43%
  • Other

4 4.12%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Civil War 2, say what you will about Axis but at least that had a little bit of planned build up in stories like Uncanny Avengers. Civil War 2 came out of no where and literally ignored parts that came before it (I was so upset about the Hulk thing I think I dropped all marvel for at least a year or more).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I think Secret Wars by Hickman is my favorite event. I think the way the tie-ins were handled was brilliant. You did not need to read any of them (though Thors and Shield were pretty important) to understand the main story, it took what was a pretty grim ending to Hickman's Avengers books and spun something optimistic and hopeful out of it. And as someone who still thinks Hickman's Fantastic Four is his best work at Marvel to date, I loved that the ending of Secret Wars was a proper conclusion to the story he had started in his FF run. And the art, which they gave Ribic the time needed to draw the whole thing, is just astonishing stuff. I love Secret Wars
    The main event was quality all the way. I agree that it was worth it to let Ribic do his thing and the delays weren't all that bad when you consider at the beginning the issues came out pretty rapidly. In fact I think there were 2 issues in one month to kick it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But out of that group, SW is definitely not the worst when you consider it is the culmination of an epic piece of writing that goes all the way back Hickman's Dark Reign: Fantastic Four and goes on from his Fantastic Four run through to his New Avengers. It is one of my favorite events.
    Eh, to each their own. I found the event itself lacking, and aside from a few parts of Fantastic Four, didn't enjoy any of his stuff leading up to it. I enjoyed Fear itself and Age of Ultron more than I enjoyed Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I think the way the tie-ins were handled was brilliant. You did not need to read any of them (though Thors and Shield were pretty important) to understand the main story
    If you didn't read them, then you either read nothing or what you were reading before saw it's stories rush to a conclusion to end before the relaunch. It effected everything. You couldn't ignore it or, if you did, were't reading any Marvel comics for a few months.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Civil War 2, say what you will about Axis but at least that had a little bit of planned build up in stories like Uncanny Avengers. Civil War 2 came out of no where and literally ignored parts that came before it (I was so upset about the Hulk thing I think I dropped all marvel for at least a year or more).
    ah yes axis was preceded and set up by remender's UA, forever cementing axis' place as the worst marvel event
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Civil War II might've been bad, but it at least looked good and was self-coherent. Axis didn't even have those things going for it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is Secret Wars 2 in the poll meaning the recent one or the Secret Wars II?

Can I list all of these? Then again I've only enjoyed one crossover and that's DC one million.

I thought Original Sin was hot **** water. The only good thing that came out of that was the Iron Man/Hulk mini series.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

It's probably not big enough to count as a MEGA event, but I don't think anything was as disappointing as Shadowland to me personally. I was so eager for a major event for street level heroes, and then they did it, and I had to get rid of the monkey's paw after that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is Secret Wars 2 in the poll meaning the recent one or the Secret Wars II?
    The non-Hickman one.

"Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    It's probably not big enough to count as a MEGA event, but I don't think anything was as disappointing as Shadowland to me personally. I was so eager for a major event for street level heroes, and then they did it, and I had to get rid of the monkey's paw after that.
    I am in 100% agreement with this statement. I was the same way.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Civil War 2 was such a blatant cash grab that it is unforgivable.

It was so badly written and the characterization was so bad I have no idea what Bendis was thinking and this is coming from a HUGE Bendis fan.

I love his New Avengers, Spidey, and everything else he writes but Civil War 2 is by far the worst.
    It pretty much wrecked Captain Marvel and set in stone her angry, stubborn and unlikable persona that she can't seem to shake. If there was ever a character that needed to broken down completely and built back up again it's Captain Marvel. We're talking radical character surgery. We're talking character surgery on the level that John Byrne did to Superman in the 80s.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Age of Ultron beats out Civil War 2 slightly. At least Civil War 2 had a POINT. Age of Ultron was just ....ugh. it was a nothingness of ridiculousness. Fear Itself wasn't too bad - the beginning, the concept of it was actually extremely interesting to me, but the ending was definitely lackluster.