View Poll Results: Which series interests you more?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman with Robin backup story

31 81.58%
  • Joker with Punchline backup story

7 18.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman with Robin backup story, or Joker with Punchline backup story?

Which one are you more interested in? Looks like Tynion is writing both.

Punchline, just because she needs more stuff to really get cemented in good, and I want her to become one of those rare new rogues who make it into long haul classic status. Robin (whoever gets to be him) is safely established.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

A Joker on going holds zero interest for me and Punchline needs to go away fast so I really hope that book crashes and burns fast.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Punchline with Joker backup
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Punchline with Robin back up
    Joke
    As much as I like Punchline's concept I don't think I can stand her being the main feature because she's (rightfully) pissing me off since her Youtube method is too close to real life

So I'll just go with Batman and Robin

When it comes to series to regularly buy, a certain level of familiarity is more enjoyable.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Batman with Robin back-up definitely. I'm sick of another Joker and I'm indifferent about Punchline. She has a nice design, though.

Only interested in the Robin backups largely.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Despite knowing that Joker is about Jim Gordon I'd still say that I'm more interested in Batman. However, I will say that I'm more interested in Punchline and the story of Harper, Cullen, and Dr. Thompkins than I am of Robin and Damian learning more about the League of Lazarus.

I still voted for Batman/Robin though.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Side question here.
    I live in a rural area where I have no access to a local comic shop. Getting trades has worked best for me for a long time. Does anyone have any idea how the backups will be collected? Will they be included with the main title, or collected separately? Or *gulp* not get collected? I am really interested in the backups I'm hearing about.

Astonishing Member

It's actually funny, regarding main titles, I'm more interested in Joker series, than in Batman and 'Tec. But I have complete zero interest in Punchline, and I'm looking forward for Damian story.
    Voted for Batman/Robin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Side question here.
    I live in a rural area where I have no access to a local comic shop. Getting trades has worked best for me for a long time. Does anyone have any idea how the backups will be collected? Will they be included with the main title, or collected separately? Or *gulp* not get collected? I am really interested in the backups I'm hearing about.
    Depends on how much the backup relates to the main story. The back ups in Batman Death of The Family are about how the Joker recruited the villains, and the villains appear in the climax of the story, so they're all collected in one book. The back up during Requiem for Damian arc are about Two-Face, but Two-Face's story only started after Requiem is over, so it's not collected in Requiem but in the next volume.

So about Punchline, since she already had a one-shot, if they gather enough back-up throughout the series, it can be collected in a Punchline volume.

Bluebird

As much as I feel excitement for Bluebird’s return in the Punchline backup, I can’t help shake the feeling that she’s just a bit player made to make Punchline look strong. That said, the Damian story got my vote.

Call me old fashioned by Batman and Robin will always grab my attention more than any other Bat-related title. Besides, I'm nowhere near interested enough in the Joker to read a whole series about him. As for Punchline....I don't know how I feel about her yet.

No more clowns.

...But it also depends on who is Robin.

Can't we get any other options?

(While we're sort of on the subject, how soon will Tynion's tenure as the main Bat-writer be over?)