Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Him and Duke because Narrows, but him and Red Hood is a no-brainer, too. That fanart of them together that's in this thread speaks for itself.
    oh yeah, obviously Duke is my top pick just given their narrative overlap. I would love for it to be revealed that he and Duke actually know each as civilians, given they come from the same hood (so to speak). Duke was known to mentor some the kids in his community, so they must have bumped into each other at some point.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Outmatched but I like that they're showing the kid's got heart and ambition tho. I want to see him interacting with more of the Gothamites; I hope it doesn't stop at Batman, Harley, and Punchline. The Obvious pair up I'd like to see is him and Red Hood.
    Jason would tell him its not worth going after Harley. Bao would ask why.

"Because its like she has this weird protection that defies common sense, allowing her to live. The only person I know to get past is that, is a fiery Amazon named Artemis."

He should hang out with Riko from We Are Robin. Its an arbitrary pairing but it could be interesting. They could be foils to Duke/Izzy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-26-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He should hang out with Riko from We Are Robin. Its an arbitrary pairing but it could be interesting. They could be foils to Duke/Izzy.
    Wonder how Bao and Riko would mesh, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Wonder how Bao and Riko would mesh, honestly.
    Thats the appeal .

Another pitch would be him and Anarky hanging out. Anarky would be a psuedo-mentor, getting him to think bigger about how to help Gotham.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-26-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thats the appeal .

Another pitch would be him and Anarky hanging out. Anarky would be a psuedo-mentor, getting him to think bigger about how to help Gotham.
    It would depend on how Anarky is portrayed, I guess. Not too familiar with him, but he tends to be portrayed as "just another villain" rather than someone with a nuanced perspective who's actually heroic/a hero.

Broadening Bao's perspective would be good, though.

Astonishing Member

Judging by the preview of the next "Detective Comics", I don't get why Ghost Maker wants to eliminate Clownhunter. He wants to prove he's better than Batman, which I suppose one of his "rules" would be eliminating the criminals permanently. So, if Clownhunter is actually hunting the Joker's army to make them pay for all the destruction they caused, why is Ghost Maker trying to eliminate him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Judging by the preview of the next "Detective Comics", I don't get why Ghost Maker wants to eliminate Clownhunter. He wants to prove he's better than Batman, which I suppose one of his "rules" would be eliminating the criminals permanently. So, if Clownhunter is actually hunting the Joker's army to make them pay for all the destruction they caused, why is Ghost Maker trying to eliminate him?
    That does feel like it's missing an explanation somewhere. My guess is that we'll need to wait and see the whole situation and explanation to really understand what's going on.

Clownhunter & Riko + Signal & Izzy = teenage superhero double date? I'd read it

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    maybe he's gonna go a Karma route and aim to eliminate all distracts, even allies (I use allies loosely for Batman and Clownhunter).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Clownhunter & Riko + Signal & Izzy = teenage superhero double date? I'd read it
    Idk how I feel about characters from the same circle dating when Gotham's supposed to be a big city.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Idk how I feel about characters from the same circle dating when Gotham's supposed to be a big city.
    That's more the magic of story convenience at play. Using and making use of known characters to add a sense of "relevancy" to situations that a new character(s)/minor character(s) might not "bring".

Amazing Member

Well with Jason Todd going back to Gotham since the Outlaws disbanded, for reasons, maybe it makes sense for Jason to become ClownHunter's mentor and try to turn him onto a different path in a way that Batman can't, though it would probably involve Jason getting Clownhunter to leave Gotham after they wipe out some clown related gang.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brenster21 View Post
    Well with Jason Todd going back to Gotham since the Outlaws disbanded, for reasons, maybe it makes sense for Jason to become ClownHunter's mentor and try to turn him onto a different path in a way that Batman can't, though it would probably involve Jason getting Clownhunter to leave Gotham after they wipe out some clown related gang.
    Not sure where Bao would go, though. Right now, he's still a kid/young teen.

I prefer Anarky but Bao becoming a surrogate apprentice would be interesting for both Jason and Bao's characters.

Astonishing Member

I prefer Anarky but Bao becoming a surrogate apprentice would be interesting for both Jason and Bao's characters.
    Clownhunter and Anarky are different enough to exist together, even to become mentee's/surrogates of Jason together (where such a thing be allowed to come to pass).