Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The bigger problem is this concept won't go anywhere because of the status quo
    It's like yeah you have a point but that's a point that shouldn't need to be brought up if they didn't try to outdo Joker every time
    That's kinda an issue for Western mainstream (especially Marvel and DC) in general, though.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-07-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The bigger problem is this concept won't go anywhere because of the status quo
    It's like yeah you have a point but that's a point that shouldn't need to be brought up if they didn't try to outdo Joker every time
    Agreed. It picks at a self inflicted wound that really doesn't exist in any other genre, or is reflective of any real world issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. It picks at a self inflicted wound that really doesn't exist in any other genre, or is reflective of any real world issue.
    As much as I need my rest-breaks from Joker stories and wouldn't mind if they disappeared for a decade or so, the reality is that (in general) writers aren't going to stop writing them and readers aren't going to stop reading them. So these things are going to remain relevant. And a lack of Clownhunters/etc. doesn't do holistic narrative justice to that reality.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-07-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    These upcoming issues will likely be where we explore his character more.

I'd say Red Hood has evolved beyond merely being that guy. In fact, for Red Hood, his deal was more personal. Clownhunter is more general. (He probs have personal reasons, though, but so far, they aren't the strict point.) So I say there's certainly room for Clownhunter.

Yeah. Red Hood philosophy was to spite Batman because of what he saw as Batman's failure. Clownhunter's philosophy exists no matter what Batman did, he's just trying to fill a gap he sees. Batman focuses on fighting the crime bosses. But Clownhunter wants to take out everyone involved.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

And I like how they have Clownhunter channel his inner Manga/Manhua/Manhwa delinquent street vigilante in his whole concept. Certainly visceral, but there's definitely a raw appeal to it in controlled doses (which is how I image horror fans are able to enjoy the genre).
    Manga/Manhwa/Manhua are some words that fit him, he would be considered less villainous in that context. He reminds me a bit of a few characters...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Manga/Manhwa/Manhua are some words that fit him, he would be considered less villainous in that context. He reminds me a bit of a few characters...
    I gather so. In those story settings, he'd still be dark, but would also be more unambigusly heroic, or at least anti-heroic.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

As much as I need my rest-breaks from Joker stories and wouldn't mind if they disappeared for a decade or so, the reality is that (in general) writers aren't going to stop writing them and readers aren't going to stop reading them. So these things are going to remain relevant. And a lack of Clownhunters/etc. doesn't do holistic narrative justice to that reality.
    True, which I don't mind if they evolve Batman or Gotham with it. As Bao said, GCPD remains corrupt, the mayor remains corrupt, Arkham remains a revolving door, while Batman remains idealistic. So he decided to put his trust in a system that still isn't fixed isn't doing anything. Batman can keep his idealism, but the story of Gotham needs to be better if he still wants to be viewed as the hero instead of an outdated, stubborn conservative.

Less reviving door Arkham, fewer Gothampocalyse, and cool it on the mutilation and criminally insane a bit. A Gotham story doesn't have to be a horror story. A more mundane case can be made exciting if they're a good detective story.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-07-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hah! Love that!

I thought he would kill Joker during Joker War that way it would be Batmans first time seeing the kid hopefully he doesnt become a Robin and only gets involved when there are clowns. Plus I know he will go after Harley Quinn in the future I wonder how that will go cause its seems shes pretty much forgiven during her time with Joker by Batman and they gotten close due to this whole Joker war and I dont really see her as a villain anymore.But I wonder if Harley help killed his parents with Joker back in her day that would be cool is true. So I wonder how Batman is going to deal with that.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I would think his current target is Henchmaster or whatever the guy from War Zone was called. He says he wants to kill Joker's minions who just took off their masks and walked away when things went south, I assume he will want Henchmasters head for training the minions.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I like him and look forward to what he does next. I wanna see him team up with Anarky.

Astonishing Member

Pity Marvel has the name Foolkiller...it would have fit this character much better.

A sensible association .

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Jason is channeling his inner Bruce