Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Clownhunter and Anarky are different enough to exist together, even to become mentee's/surrogates of Jason together (where such a thing be allowed to come to pass).
    I don't see Anarky caring about Jason enough to learn from him unless its how to fight.

Anarky isn't a vigilante because of trauma, he's a vigilante because of philosophy.

Plus i think Anarky is older than Bao and closer to Jason in age so i don't see Anarky and Jason having that dynamic.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-05-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't see Anarky caring about Jason enough to learn from him unless its how to fight.

Anarky isn't a vigilante because of trauma, he's a vigilante because of philosophy.

Plus i think Anarky is older than Bao and closer to Jason in age so i don't see Anarky and Jason having that dynamic.
    Honestly, not sure how Anarky came into the conversation.

Extraordinary Member

Anarky is typically the same age as Tim Drake (who might still be 16 at this point), so I don't think that Bao is much younger.

But if I see how poorly Jason is typically handled by the Batman writers, I doubt that he will play a huge role in Bao's story.

Honestly, not sure how Anarky came into the conversation.
    I thought Bao teaming up with Anarky would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Anarky is typically the same age as Tim Drake (who might still be 16 at this point), so I don't think that Bao is much younger.

But if I see how poorly Jason is typically handled by the Batman writers, I doubt that he will play a huge role in Bao's story.
    Fair enough.

Astonishing Member

I thought Bao teaming up with Anarky would be interesting.

Fair enough.
    Coulda sworn someone compared the idea of either Anarky or Clownhunter going under Jason's tutelage, as if such an idea was a one or the other thing.

And going from Aahz was saying, Bao wouldn't far from Anarky's age (because he's meant to be the same age as Tim, who is likely frozen at 16). Bao is thin, with a scrawny but sinewy build, and on the short side, but he's still meant to be a teen himself, likely 14-15 or so.

Coulda sworn someone compared the idea of either Anarky or Clownhunter going under Jason's tutelage, as if such an idea was a one or the other thing.

And going from Aahz was saying, Bao wouldn't far from Anarky's age (because he's meant to be the same age as Tim, who is likely frozen at 16). Bao is thin, with a scrawny but sinewy build, and on the short side, but he's still meant to be a teen himself, likely 14-15 or so.
    I was more interested in Bao teaming up with Anarky than Jason.

Extraordinary Member

I was more interested in Bao teaming up with Anarky than Jason.
    I don't think Boa and Anarky really fit.

Bao main goal is to kill Joker and his henchmen.

Lonnie goes (at least in the classic Alan Grant Version) mostly after corrupt politicians and businessmen, tries to change society and was at least in later stories opposed to violence.

I can see both of them work well with Jason, Bao due to his hate for his Joker and his brutal methods, Lonnie due his unconventional methods and his anti-establishment angle. But between Boa and Lonnie I don't see much of an overlap.

All-New Member

I would love to see Clownhunter beat up a joker gang like Battinson did in his trailer.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I don't think Clownhunter's very smart. Googling "how to make a homemade bomb" sounds like a great way to get put on the FBI watchlist.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

I don't think Clownhunter's very smart. Googling "how to make a homemade bomb" sounds like a great way to get put on the FBI watchlist.
    He's in comic book land, so that'll be the least of his worries.

he took the L to harley also he is 17 years old I honestly thought he was 14 or 15
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he took the L to harley also he is 17 years old I honestly thought he was 14 or 15
    From today's Batman, right? If so, haven't read it yet. Though Clownhunter lost to Harley (no surprise in and of itself, of course, with Harley's plot and popularity armor), how did it go in practice? After all, it's more about the context of the bought in cases like these.

Also, Bao's age being 17 is definitely interesting. People assumed he was younger, myself included. Some way younger. Turns out, Bao is just on the shorter side. Combined with his build, it makes him seem like he's younger than he is.

Ultimate Member

From today's Batman, right? If so, haven't read it yet. Though Clownhunter lost to Harley (no surprise in and of itself, of course, with Harley's plot and popularity armor), how did it go in practice? After all, it's more about the context of the bought in cases like these.

Also, Bao's age being 17 is definitely interesting. People assumed he was younger, myself included. Some way younger. Turns out, Bao is just on the shorter side. Combined with his build, it makes him seem like he's younger than he is.
    Given that Clownhunter's only armed with a modified bat, a grudge and zero training, I think it's unfair to say that Harley was protected by plot armor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Given that Clownhunter's only armed with a modified bat, a grudge and zero training, I think it's unfair to say that Harley was protected by plot armor.
    Clownhunter is more pragmatically capable and tenacious then he may seem. That's why I say context is the most important thing in these cases.

Regardless, truth of what you're saying being what it is, Harley still naturally has plot/popularity armor. (Though to go much further would start to go off topic to this thread.)

his bat is Called Bat-Bat
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy