Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    It's terrible. That and One More Day are the two worst Spider-Man stories ever.
    I cannot defend Sins Past ( and I will not even try), but is it worse then The Other? Gwen like her or not was a supporting character ( not even “Parker Woman” Number One), while stories like The Other and Silk messed with Amazing Fantasy 15. The dialogue in The Other is as bad as the cover of BND ( I argue the worst cover in Spider-Man history). It is about as displeasing as fingernails on the blackboard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I cannot defend Sins Past ( and I will not even try), but is it worse then The Other? Gwen like her or not was a supporting character ( not even “Parker Woman” Number One), while stories like The Other and Silk messed with Amazing Fantasy 15. The dialogue in The Other is as bad as the cover of BND ( I argue the worst cover in Spider-Man history). It is about as displeasing as fingernails on the blackboard.
    Having just read The Other again after 14 years, I have to say that The Other is truly a waste of time. What's worse is that other than Peter's stingers showing up only a few other times, JMS doesn't even touch upon the Other at all because of Civil War and then OMD.

Sins Past could have worked if it hadn't been for the kids. There must have been some other way to make that story work and still redeem Gwen but the twins are the reason that story is hot trash on a summer day.

OMD is just crap too. I would have accepted a divorce or MJ cheating just to get rid of the marriage before even seeing some magic mumbo jumbo that totally alters a timeline for the sake of a bunch of grown ass men wanting to relive 80's nostalgia of a single Peter.

Astonishing Member

I'd say so. No fan of the Other either. We have a mutual loathing of Silk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Considering his creepy sniffing and how he talks about her, yeah he pretty much was referencing it.
    There is no doubt that Sins Past is in the Top 10 of the most despised Spider-Man stories of All-Time, so why would Spencer have Norman hint at it? The reason must be that Sins Past is likely connected to this story. If indeed it is, that takes Harry, Ezekiel, Pre-OMD Peter and a few others off the Kindred suspect list. Who would be left? Gwen and Grey Goblin

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

There is no doubt that Sins Past is in the Top 10 of the most despised Spider-Man stories of All-Time, so why would Spencer have Norman hint at it? The reason must be that Sins Past is likely connected to this story. If indeed it is, that takes Harry, Ezekiel, Pre-OMD Peter and a few others off the Kindred suspect list. Who would be left? Gwen and Grey Goblin
    Gabriel Stacy.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Gabriel Stacy.
    Gabriel does fit the Spencer formula of obscure villains and he could easily be the subject of Osborn’ Proud comment.

This was an incredible, amazing, astounding issue!! Oh the hype was real: Peter and Norman teaming up, their interactions, and the ending (!!!) I even loved how creepy Sin-Eater's design was and the fight was epic. This was the one Spencer was leading towards, at least for me, and I'm so ready for "Last Remains" to begin NEXT WEEK!! It's an awesome time to be a Spider-Fan!

BANNED

This issue was awesome and intense.

To me this is a classic Goblin and Spider-Man moment. Them teaming up against the Sin Eaters, the banter between them, the history, the baggage, the hatred and reluctant admiration is great.

And the ending is brilliant.

Also props to Spencer for doing a subtextual allusion to Sins' Past without literally spelling out or naming it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This issue was awesome and intense.

To me this is a classic Goblin and Spider-Man moment. Them teaming up against the Sin Eaters, the banter between them, the history, the baggage, the hatred and reluctant admiration is great.

And the ending is brilliant.

Also props to Spencer for doing a subtextual allusion to Sins' Past without literally spelling out or naming it directly.
    I couldn't agree more, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    This was an incredible, amazing, astounding issue!! Oh the hype was real: Peter and Norman teaming up, their interactions, and the ending (!!!) I even loved how creepy Sin-Eater's design was and the fight was epic. This was the one Spencer was leading towards, at least for me, and I'm so ready for "Last Remains" to begin NEXT WEEK!! It's an awesome time to be a Spider-Fan!
    Juggernaut Sin Eater would haunt my nightmares jut for that flesh helmet
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Juggernaut Sin Eater would haunt my nightmares jut for that flesh helmet
    Yeah, it freaked me out the first time I saw it! I was like, "What the heck is that?!" haha

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Gabriel Stacy.
    I didnt even think about that, but it could make perfect sense !

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I didnt even think about that, but it could make perfect sense !
    Just a tinfoil theory of mine, but given Spencer's propensity to cleaning up storyline elements that fans are not fond of, it'd be the perfect opportunity to finally address the elephant in the room. Like make it so, the affair never actually happened and Gabriel and Sarah are instead accelerated genetic clones Norman had using his and Gwen''s DNA.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

This issue was FANTASTIC !
    Seeing Norman and Peter team-up is one of those things you cant even imagine for how absurd the mere concept is, yet Spencer made it work awesomely !

This issue gives us some insight on Norman's hatred of Peter, with the specific moment their relatiomship/dynamic was sealed, which was a nice adittion to their lore

I also liked Ghost Spider's speech, and how it make us remember that Peter won the rights to make his own choices, for better or worse

Norman interation with !Gwen was.. creepy af, but made sense in a way, and also was the last straw for Peter's decision at the end (Peter, that's gonna come to bite you real soon, huh?)
    And, oh boy, Sin-Eater will be unstoppable now, unless he gets dementia from the Goblin Serum side-effect

Amazing issue (pun intended) !
    And now.. Last Remains begins

This has been AMAZING. All my friends and I are just screaming.