Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 850 Discussion

Wow what a neat issue. Spencer is ramping this run up big time.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

It had some really good moments, especially between Spidey and Norman. But I have to say the premise of protecting Osborn from being "cleansed" still feels flawed and prevents the story from having any real emotional impact.

Mighty Member

Im going later today to the comic store, I just want to know is Kindred reveled

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im going later today to the comic store, I just want to know is Kindred reveled
    SPOILER WARNING:

No. I thought it would be. Guessing #50 which is a week away.

I only read the main story so far, it was pretty good, didn't actually expected what Peter did at the end, bit i can't say that is out of characther for him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It was... fine. The issue wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I'm a bit disappointed because I expected more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    It was... fine. The issue wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I'm a bit disappointed because I expected more.
    Question? What were the positives and negatives about the issue?

This was perfect issue for me I always love when Heroes and villains need to team up ever since seeing Goku and Frieza doing it 2 years ago. Norman and Peter working together was fun and amazing. Love hearing Norman's thought on their relationship from when he first revealed his identity to Peter and how it felt hurt. Loved his interaction with Gwen I really need to read Sins Past. Weird that Peter reference Harry's death I thought that was retcon due to One More Day?

Now I know people are going to complain about Kindred not being revealed but honestly I don't care but I'm leaning heavily towards it being Peter. I do wonder if Kindred is about to revive either Og Gwen or hell Uncle Ben just to piss people off
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Question? What were the positives and negatives about the issue?
    Peter and Norman's interaction was great, but the issue was just the "hero/villain team-up" cliché. The Order of the Web and Kindred doing almost nothing during the entire fight was disappointing.

they save his life though but it wasnt even about them anyway its all green goblin and spidey
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This was perfect issue for me I always love when Heroes and villains need to team up ever since seeing Goku and Frieza doing it 2 years ago. Norman and Peter working together was fun and amazing. Love hearing Norman's thought on their relationship from when he first revealed his identity to Peter and how it felt hurt. Loved his interaction with Gwen I really need to read Sins Past. Weird that Peter reference Harry's death I thought that was retcon due to One More Day?

Now I know people are going to complain about Kindred not being revealed but honestly I don't care but I'm leaning heavily towards it being Peter. I do wonder if Kindred is about to revive either Og Gwen or hell Uncle Ben just to piss people off
    It's terrible. That and One More Day are the two worst Spider-Man stories ever.

Was it just me, or did Norman make a Sins Past reference (the "Happy Times")?

Astonishing Member

Thinking Kindred is either pre OMD Peter, the original Gwen Stacy, Ezekiel Sims or Harry Osborn. Hope it's one of the first three names. Hope it isn't Harry.

Astonishing Member

The someone always dies panel, the hand to the door. That's Gwen, right? Harry and Flash were the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Was it just me, or did Norman make a Sins Past reference (the "Happy Times")?
    Considering his creepy sniffing and how he talks about her, yeah he pretty much was referencing it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona