Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Three Spider-Men in the MCU?

You know, if Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are really going to appear in the third movie of Spider-Man, they could actually stay as regular members of the MCU. Have you thought about this? Having three Peter Parkers could be a way to introduce Ben Reilly and Kaine in the MCU, Peter Parker's clones. What do you think?

not the pathetic pandering expanding to more than one movie
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I could see Maguire sticking around because his career is nonexistent at this point. I don't really see Garfield sticking around because he's got other things to do. Plus I think his time with Sony's Amazing Spiderman might have soured him on the experience.

Maguire being a version of Ben Reilly could be fun. He could be an alternate universe version of Peter stuck on this earth so he assumes a different ID. He could even pretend to be a relative of Aunt May hence the name Ben Reilly .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-15-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Amazing Member

While possible I doubt it will happen. I think it's more likely we will see Maguire's and/or Garfield's characters die, which could be a way to introduce characters like Miles Morales who will take over the role as Spider-Man on the Earth they're from. Sometime in the future they will likely adapt Secret Wars in one way or other. And maybe the movie-version will use elements from both the original Secret Wars from the 80's and the newer version. Perhaps after that event we will see everyone on the same Earth
    Last edited by A Maze Thing; 12-15-2020 at 10:12 AM.

-- depends on what is officially announced by next year--

"If" these actors are involved in the current film, I doubt that they would continue in the MCU, beyond any Spider-Man based films.

This is a super longshot, but if anybody sticks around beyond one film, then "somebody" could end up as "Ben Reilly" aka Scarlet Spider. I'm personally not enthused at the prospect of any clone saga, but this could be a way to kind-of-sort-of have two Peters roaming around.

I really can't guess how the actors, if they are indeed involved, are going to be utilized at this point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think the last thing Tom Holland needs in his films are more Spider-People, let alone more Peter Parkers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know, if Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are really going to appear in the third movie of Spider-Man, they could actually stay as regular members of the MCU. Have you thought about this? Having three Peter Parkers could be a way to introduce Ben Reilly and Kaine in the MCU, Peter Parker's clones. What do you think?
    Toby Maguire really needs to. Why? Because he is basically a less successful version of Mark Hamill. How come? If not for Peter, Toby would essentially be nothing. Hamill is the same for Luke Skywalker ( at least he has cartoon voice overs and Corvette Summer ( that movie only works because Annie Potts was hot in that film). I can see Toby giving $50:00 autographs at Conventions a decade from now.

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    While possible I doubt it will happen. I think it's more likely we will see Maguire's and/or Garfield's characters die, which could be a way to introduce characters like Miles Morales who will take over the role as Spider-Man on the Earth they're from. Sometime in the future they will likely adapt Secret Wars in one way or other. And maybe the movie-version will use elements from both the original Secret Wars from the 80's and the newer version. Perhaps after that event we will see everyone on the same Earth
    Yeah. Secret Wars 2015 was basically Marvel's version of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would be nice to see some closure on Garfield Spider-Man, and I don't mind Tobey being there too.

We will probably get some multiverse sheningans or a small cameo thought.

I just like the fact that retroactively Spider-Man 2002 will become the first MCU movie, and all the Spidey movies will be canon to everything haha.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    I don't see why people keep trying to rush Miles into the MCU. We finally have a actor who embodies the perfect blend of Peter/Spidey. Plus Holland is young enough to stick around for awhile yet. Save Miles for when Holland decides to bow out and then introduce him as the replacement.

As for the rest, it is probable they could kill both off. However, they might not. I think this could pave the way for Sony to have their cake and eat it by allowing Holland to stay in the MCU long-term and open up the possibilities of maybe doing Spider-man 4 or Amazing 3. I mean, DC is gearing up to do similar with Batman over in DC films with Pattinson, Affleck and Keaton running around. Why not here for them? Especially since they also have Into The Spider-verse running as well with Miles.

This way they both can utilize a Spider-man if they wanted to use one. Sony will get money either way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I just like the fact that retroactively Spider-Man 2002 will become the first MCU movie, and all the Spidey movies will be canon to everything haha.
    The gang is almost back together over there - J.K, Dunst, Tobey (supposedly) and Raimi is doing Doc Strange 2 which will introduce the Multiverse (surprise, surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I don't see why people keep trying to rush Miles into the MCU. We finally have a actor who embodies the perfect blend of Peter/Spidey. Plus Holland is young enough to stick around for awhile yet. Save Miles for when Holland decides to bow out and then introduce him as the replacement.

As for the rest, it is probable they could kill both off. However, they might not. I think this could pave the way for Sony to have their cake and eat it by allowing Holland to stay in the MCU long-term and open up the possibilities of maybe doing Spider-man 4 or Amazing 3. I mean, DC is gearing up to do similar with Batman over in DC films with Pattinson, Affleck and Keaton running around. Why not here for them? Especially since they also have Into The Spider-verse running as well with Miles.

This way they both can utilize a Spider-man if they wanted to use one. Sony will get money either way.
    I think Holland is a little too much Peter than Spidey, but that's on the writers for not really writing Spider-Man when he's in the suit.

I don't think Miles would really work in the MCU as it is now. Maybe when Holland's aged a lot but he's too young for Miles now and I'm not sure Miles could have a role his fans would be happy with in the MCU.

People who know me know I HATE the Sony Spider-Man movies, but there was one humorous sequence I remembered from Amazing Spider-Man 2. Do you think the gap between Electro's two front teeth will be restored?