Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a comic from IDW.
    Oh is that the one where Peter, Gwen and Miles all work together?

Honestly impressive Felicia beat all of them with bad luck alone, this might be her strongest version yet, and probably unintentionally so lol.

Maybe not deeply personal, although I feel like you have enough enmity there that you can only really see one-on-one.
    Somewhat, Sinister Six shows that it can work as a group, but that's specifically because they only teamed up because they want to beat Spidey and they'd just tell each other to fuck off in any other case.

The show had an ever-present issue of not pacing things out well.
    Yeah I got that impression without ever watching it lol.

I think it helps that Batman or most DC heroes had sidekicks or counterparts with their powersets earlier than Spider-Man did so there isn't this sense of having to retroactively make something work like we do now.
    Good point, specially for Batman, since Robin is older than Alfred.

Even if Flash was late in this, Barry still had Kid Flash at some point, so even that early we had a mini Flash Family, which might be part of the reason the "expanded" Flash Family worked, but it also does help that Flash introduced stuff slowy, like Max Mercury being introduced in Return of Barry Allen as more of a teacher kind of character, the other Spiders were mostly introduced independently from Spidey, so for something like that to work with Spidey, then the role of each Spider-Person would need to be done slowy over time to feel natural, and I doubt many writers would have the interest or patience to do this lol.

Amazing Member

FFS, can they just retcon sins pasts?

I just wanna say, Trade Moores little story was wierd but that web loop tie-up Spidey did in it was clean af. One of my favorite action bits in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I just wanna say, Trade Moores little story was wierd but that web loop tie-up Spidey did in it was clean af. One of my favorite action bits in a while
    His art has such great energy to it and such unique style. One of the best in the biz today for sure!

SPENCER STORY: Amazing

BUSIEK/BACHALO STORY: of no value to young and sexy people like me

MOORE STORY: what the fuck is this why did i pay for it

AHMED/KUUDER STORY: a bit anticlimactic
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Finally had a chance to read it, and I agree with everyone that this was the best Norman Osborn characterization in years. Easily the best in the post-OMD era.

I'm surprised that there is officially one reference to Sins Past that I don't mind. Props to Nick Spencer for making all of Norman's sadistic banter work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Finally had a chance to read it, and I agree with everyone that this was the best Norman Osborn characterization in years. Easily the best in the post-OMD era.

I'm surprised that there is officially one reference to Sins Past that I don't mind. Props to Nick Spencer for making all of Norman's sadistic banter work.
    This was one of the best comics in this pandemic year 2020.

Delete post
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This was one of the best comics in this pandemic year 2020.
    Cosigning both of you.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah Sins Rising/Return of the Green Goblin was soooo sick.