Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'm really glad the consensus is on this issue being outstanding. I've been saying Spencer's run is top-notch, and I'm glad to see others saying the same! I've got a feeling that this is only just beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm really glad the consensus is on this issue being outstanding. I've been saying Spencer's run is top-notch, and I'm glad to see others saying the same! I've got a feeling that this is only just beginning!
    i agree its rare to see people here like anything recent most of time they give praise to the old stuff but never the new stuff when I read discussions here
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I must say, Ottley draws a really creepy Green Goblin, and I absolutely love his style.

Sin-Juggernaut was creepy af. As for the story, I really liked the dynamics of Spider-Man and GG. The callbacks to older stories were also nice.

It saddens me a bit, that we didn't get Kindred revealing himself, but hey - more clues

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I must say, Ottley draws a really creepy Green Goblin, and I absolutely love his style.

Sin-Juggernaut was creepy af. As for the story, I really liked the dynamics of Spider-Man and GG. The callbacks to older stories were also nice.

It saddens me a bit, that we didn't get Kindred revealing himself, but hey - more clues
    That Ottley page with Green Goblin and Spider-Man team up was among my favorite panels, i also agreed with you that his GG looked good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

This is the best Norman has been written in years. I enjoyed this.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    We haven't really gotten this Norman for a long time. I mean old-school classic creepy insidious Norman circa-Revelations to MK: Spider-Man.

After OMD, Norman forgot who Spider-Man was. Then f--ked off to be an Avengers bad guy. He spent most of the time since then on the peripheries before returning in Slott's run to menace Otto. Then Go Down Swinging, Norman bonded with Carnage and fought Spider-Man and only then learned Peter's identity all over again.

So since OMD, Norman has been semi-amnesiac, an Avengers villain, a Dr. Octopus villain, part Symbiote. Now Spencer's brought the old man back.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    We haven't really gotten this Norman for a long time. I mean old-school classic creepy insidious Norman circa-Revelations to MK: Spider-Man.

After OMD, Norman forgot who Spider-Man was. Then f--ked off to be an Avengers bad guy. He spent most of the time since then on the peripheries before returning in Slott's run to menace Otto. Then Go Down Swinging, Norman bonded with Carnage and fought Spider-Man and only then learned Peter's identity all over again.

So since OMD, Norman has been semi-amnesiac, an Avengers villain, a Dr. Octopus villain, part Symbiote. Now Spencer's brought the old man back.
    so basically OMD made Norman lost his only edge over Spider-man

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

For like a simpler comparsion Norman felt very Lex Luthor-esque during the the Dark Reign era and Slott wrote him almost like the Joker.

I feel like Spencer capture the essence of what made Norman such an unique and enduring arch villain.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly it was just nice to see classic Green Goblin in his glider being the dick that we all remember, not Red Goblin, not CassidyNorman, not this weird mix of the Joker and a G.Joe villain that Slott wrote him. Just a pure bastard with an irrational obssesion with power and Spider-Man.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i agree its rare to see people here like anything recent most of time they give praise to the old stuff but never the new stuff when I read discussions here
    I have praised Spencer before preferring him to JMS and Slott: But Spencer needs to stick the landing to Kindred. That means no meh like Gabriel or Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have praised Spencer before preferring him to JMS and Slott: But Spencer needs to stick the landing to Kindred. That means no meh like Gabriel or Harry.
    I did say rare guess you are one of those rare people but yeah I totally seeing people ready to shit on Spencer run if Kindred reveal isnt hype sucks but its so true

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Can anyone confirm for me what actually happened toward the end? Obviously after Spideys big decision, what was the scene with Sin Eater and Kindred about? Couldn’t quite figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Can anyone confirm for me what actually happened toward the end? Obviously after Spideys big decision, what was the scene with Sin Eater and Kindred about? Couldn’t quite figure it out
    yeah I'm a little confused I think for Kindred he is about to bring back a character who has die cause the preview for the next issue i believe is that he will have dinner with them. As for Norman I think Peter left him to be cleanse cause I think Sin Eater is about to break out unless he is stuck underground

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah I'm a little confused I think for Kindred he is about to bring back a character who has die cause the preview for the next issue i believe is that he will have dinner with them. As for Norman I think Peter left him to be cleanse cause I think Sin Eater is about to break out unless he is stuck underground
    So, my reading of it is that Kindred is agreeing with Julia Carpenter that Spider-Man's choice was "THE CHOICE" that she was afraid of. However, he says he understands why it needed to happen. But ultimately, as with all sins, they never stay buried. Kindred looks to be reviving someone else from their own grave, and it's so crucial that we can't see who it is yet - but it may be someone that Peter failed, or "sinned against"

As for Sin-Eater, well, that floor wasn't going to hold him for long anyway.

Long story short, Kindred is reviving people that Peter has failed/rejected over the years. Stan Carter was the first; this new mystery person would be the second.

Incredible Member

who else is still dead that Peter directly or indirectly led to the death of?

Ben Parker is still dead. (Indirectly)
    George Stacy is still dead. (Indirectly)
    Jean Dewolff is still dead but Sin-Eater has been a constant reminder of her.
    The Burglar is still dead. (Directly)
    Charlie - Wolverine's friend. (Directly)

The above inserted page from Amazing Spider-Man 655 seems to show all the important dead people. Now the we just need to figure out who is in the grave at the end of 850? IS that Kindred's grave? If so, which of the shown characters could Kindred be?
    Attached Images Attached Images