Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Main story was good with the interaction between Pete and Norman. The other Spider heroes were a waste of time.
    The side stories were bad except for the Saladin Ahmed one but that was probably cuz the Kuder art helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    The someone always dies panel, the hand to the door. That's Gwen, right? Harry and Flash were the other two.
    I have no idea who the first one is. I guess the bracelets were supposed to be a clue.

The other two were Harry apparently and Flash from Red Goblin.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-07-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

I did not expect Spencer to reference Ellis Thunderbolts like he did but I can’t say I wasn’t pleased when it clicked for me:

Also did he really just reference Sims Past? Lmao. I seriously hope he’s doing that just so he can retcon it out.

Overall I loved this issue, it’s one of my all time favorite Green Goblin/Spider-Man issues. But not revealing Kindred was a total blue ball, the more Spencer drags it out, the greater the chances of backlash. I hope whoever it is, it’s a good reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah, I'm feeling you, bro. There were some good moments in this issue, but there were other ones that frustrated me. I'm edging slightly towards frustration with this issue.

Overall though, the issue had significance. It was a good character study of the relationship between Norman and Peter. Seeing them work together was cool. Webbing up the pumpkin bombs and tossing them at Sin-Eater as well as coming up with a plot to trap the Sin-Eater, those were excellent moments. Norman's betrayal and creepiness as well as Pete keeping his code and realizing the consequences of that code, those were frustrating, but in a good way. Yeah, throwing Norman out of the escape pod, it's not a pure comeuppance type of move, but it's the best you can do at that moment. Of course, there were those Spencer subversions, like Norman casually tossing his bombs at people just as Pete says "No one di-." Classic.

The things that frustrated in a not-so good way were at first minor. The appearance of Juggernaut Sin-Eater really creeped me out. Reminded me of some freaky deeky things I've seen on YouTube. Also I didn't think there was enough Spidey action. There was a cool punch there, the webbing to bring down the walls, and a nice flip, but I would have liked more. I get Gwen declaring that Pete didn't have to stand up to Norman, that she could handle narcissitic psychopaths just fine, that she isn't some "damsel in distress" who needed a man to protect her. However, I think she could have let Pete have that moment. There's a lot of intense feelings Pete has, especially when it comes to Gwen and especially when it comes to what Green Goblin did to Gwen. Peter needed to express that.

Also, there wasn't a lot of resolution in this issue. Still don't know who Kindred is. Sin-Eater and his army are still running amok. Green Goblin had all of these secret lairs and escapes, but for what?

So, the issue overall, was frustrating. Plenty of good moments. But plenty of moments that edged on the bad kind of frustration.

I thought that panel with the hand on the door was a call back to MJ not leaving the room after Pete told her to leave just when Gwen had died. Could it refer to something else though?
    So, let me address those not-so-good things that frustrated you:
    1) Sin-Juggernaut was meant to be creepy, but I am sorry it freaked you out!
    2) Spidey action was front and center, but there's only so much you could do with an unstoppable army and this big ol' dude coming down on you.
    3) Gwen's response was reasonable: you gotta remember that she probably constantly gets compared to 616 Gwen. For her, it has to be exhausting, and even more frustrating because she has spider-powers and can protect herself. To her, Peter was protecting her, but she didn't see it as necessary. Did Peter need that moment? Sure, which he got a few pages later.
    4) The resolution in this issue was kind of a shot expectation. Solicits for future issues, particularly "Last Remains", reveals that this story is continuing at least until #55 (#56 will determine what happens next). I doubt that an army of Sin-Eater lackeys who are indestructible would last past then. And for Green Goblin and his lairs...well, his lab got destroyed, no? And it didn't ultimately matter like Osborn said - it would have ended the same way, with Peter trying to stop Osborn in a blaze of glory.
    5) No Kindred reveal; "Last Remains" is for that.

Hope that clears up a lot of your frustrations! I know I can't convince you otherwise, but I wanted to clarify some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I did not expect Spencer to reference Ellis Thunderbolts like he did but I can’t say I wasn’t pleased when it clicked for me:

Also did he really just reference Sims Past? Lmao. I seriously hope he’s doing that just so he can retcon it out.

Overall I loved this issue, it’s one of my all time favorite Green Goblin/Spider-Man issues. But not revealing Kindred was a total blue ball, the more Spencer drags it out, the greater the chances of backlash. I hope whoever it is, it’s a good reveal.
    It has been a while since i read Thunderbolts Ellis, what was the reference?

Also, yeah, referencing Sin of Past (even if he doesn't by name) really take some courage lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It has been a while since i read Thunderbolts Ellis, what was the reference?

Also, yeah, referencing Sin of Past (even if he doesn't by name) really take some courage lol.
    I think it was Osborn sniffing Gwen!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I think it was Osborn sniffing Gwen!
    Oh, that makes sense then lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

So... Pete throws Osborn in the water? The mud? What exactly was supposed to be happening there??? J
    Like most Spencer issues, very very meh. And really??? Referencing Sins Past???? That's just awful.
    Just like the other big anniversary issue, a lot of sound and fury solving nothing. I will be very surprised if the Kindred story gets resolved in a satisfactory manner. At least it's finally, finally getting here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    So... Pete throws Osborn in the water? The mud? What exactly was supposed to be happening there??? J
    Like most Spencer issues, very very meh. And really??? Referencing Sins Past???? That's just awful.
    Just like the other big anniversary issue, a lot of sound and fury solving nothing. I will be very surprised if the Kindred story gets resolved in a satisfactory manner. At least it's finally, finally getting here.
    Peter threw Osborn in the liquefied concrete. It's dense and thick to the point where it would slow down Sin-Juggernaut; it would kill anyone else.
    This was not sound and fury involving nothing, but you are entitled to your opinion!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Peter threw Osborn in the liquefied concrete. It's dense and thick to the point where it would slow down Sin-Juggernaut; it would kill anyone else.
    This was not sound and fury involving nothing, but you are entitled to your opinion!
    Pretty sure that might have been a sewer tunnel that runs to the river. People just left Norman in the sewer. The liquified concrete was further back

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Pretty sure that might have been a sewer tunnel that runs to the river. People just left Norman in the sewer. The liquified concrete was further back
    I would probably concede to that, but the importance placed on the moment makes me think that he was left in the concrete puddle.

I would say that he dropped him in the puddle to get shot by Sin-Eater, but again, that impact isn't there.

I only read the main story so far, it was pretty good, didn't actually expected what Peter did at the end, bit i can't say that is out of characther for him.
    The moment he made those gestures to Gwen, that was the breaking point.

Fantastic Member

Peter's actions were a half measures all through the story here, making the right choice too late, and we now have Sin Eater at full strength, his immortal followers, and Empire State Building Gobbie plot to worry about on top of Kindred.

Bummer the events of this series dont tie into the Juggernaut solo series going right now. Kind of a continuity error for him to have that going while also just being cleansed of sin.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 10-07-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Man, the other stories must be really bad or meh, almost nobody mentioned then, admittedly is hard to top a GG/Spider-Man Team up.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, the other stories must be really bad or meh, almost nobody mentioned then, admittedly is hard to top a GG/Spider-Man Team up.
    They were bad.

- Strawberry monster fight where you can't tell what's going on
    - Acid trip fight where you can't tell what's going on.
    - Short fight with Starling for no reason.
    "Cable was right!"

i didnt understand the one with the dog and the starling fight was very stupid since she started it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy