Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We don't care that they added a new sword. But they didn't have to change the canon of Wakandas' origin to do it. Especially when its not happening in a Black Panther book.
    So we have this same energy for Avengers 1,000,000 BC. That was no Panther book either.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So we have this same energy for Avengers 1,000,000 BC. That was no Panther book either.
    Canon hasn't changed yet. As far as we know Wakanda doesn't exist yet. This is just the chief of the Panther Tribe long before Wakanda formed. But if Aaron expands it to being Wakanda and not Bashenga, its going on the ignored block. lol

This is probably the only issue of this book I enjoyed, if only for the Storm spotlight. Never really cared for the relationship stuff tho, but if Storm/Panther is truly done this time, good riddance. Both are better off without each other. To me they were somehow more boring than Cyclops and Jean were in the 90s. Beloved this, beloved that... c'mon now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no Marvel wouldn't kill Storm she's too important. Also wasn't the sword just invented for this storyline. I've never ever heard of it and I'm pretty knowledgeable about BP and Wakanda
    No character is too important to kill. If anything, killing off Storm would be a rite of passage because every A lister(Spidey, Wolverine, Cap, etc.) goes through the process and death is never permanent in comics. As a Storm fan, I wouldn't mind reading about about her "death" if only to see how those close to her react and grieve before her eventual resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no Marvel wouldn't kill Storm she's too important. Also wasn't the sword just invented for this storyline. I've never ever heard of it and I'm pretty knowledgeable about BP and Wakanda
    Storm hasnt been that important to the X-men since arguably the late 90s run with Davis which was over 20 years ago at this point. If Marvel can kill off more vital characters like Cyclops and Wolverine when they did, why wouldnt they do that with storm now, when she isnt a vital figure in Dawn of X?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I thought the main idea in the comic was that every swordbearer has to sacrifice something to get their sword Magik suffered a lot to get her soul sword, Wolverine seemed to agree to bail Solem out of his jail and Storm here seems to be sacrificing her relationship with T Challa to get her Sword, thatīs why Kitty asked her if she didnīt want her to do it and I actually understand Tīchalla bringing down the link with Krakoa after that, just like Storm expected him to and Shuri actually wanted to stop that from happening because she likes them as a couple and Storm as part of their family. I liked that Vita didnīt make Tchalla or his family villains to make Storm more sympathetic, I think she managed all the characters well enough.

I donīt know much about their relationship but so far it seems to have been good for them, yes it could have less drama but we are talking about comics, romantic triangles and relationship drama are usually part of the story, I canīt remember a relationship without big drama in comics except for maybe the one between Aunt May and Javis and this was only because they are both supporting characters, not protagonist of their franchises.
    Well said and good points on the costs the Swordbearers have to pay/have paid to obtain their swords. I think that is also a key point to note for this issue with respect to a shared them amongst the champions of Krakoa. This is the Storm I love reading. The one who can make difficult decisions and take risks, even if the potential cost is high. One who may choose the more challenging path out of a sense of honor/respect (engaging wakandan warriors in close quarters combat vs dropping all the guards/Shuri with her powers out the gate). I really enjoyed this issue. And I think the BP/Storm relationship has room to remain and should get tested from both sides. No reason for Coates relationship build to not succeed, even if this separates them for a time.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-12-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm hasnt been that important to the X-men since arguably the late 90s run with Davis which was over 20 years ago at this point. If Marvel can kill off more vital characters like Cyclops and Wolverine when they did, why wouldnt they do that with storm now, when she isnt a vital figure in Dawn of X?
    Hopefully to avoid yet another trip to the gimmick well. I think there's potential for the concept of Storm being one of the few original X-Men to not have died and been brought back. Maybe somewhere down the line we find out that the rebirth process has compromised all the cloned X-Men, and there's a subversive attempt to get her to go through process one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hopefully to avoid yet another trip to the gimmick well. I think there's potential for the concept of Storm being one of the few original X-Men to not have died and been brought back. Maybe somewhere down the line we find out that the rebirth process has compromised all the cloned X-Men, and there's a subversive attempt to get her to go through process one way or the other.
    Storm died in Fall of the Mutants

I truly loved this issue. I think this issue is one of the rare non-Hickman Dawn of X issues to stand in his league. I really loved the craftsmanship of the story that also really brought the best of Lolli that I've seen.

More excited for Ayala's Children of the Atom and New Mutants runs!

Vita really did weave a story that provoked emotions, one way or another, that is certain. This could have been tweaked ever so slightly to be a bit more, let's say even handed, but the plot was dynamic and the personalities well delivered. I look forward to reading more from them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They would have killed her off/dismissed her years ago, probably back in the Utopia era, but she's pretty much the only really well-known black X-Man. Only reason they haven't killed her off is optics.

SUPPPOSEDLY, she's going to be important next year, but let's not hold our collective breaths with that.

Notjing new but for those of us who enjoyed the issue below is a link to an enthusiastic video review of Storm & Wolverines X of Swords issues:

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...oira-spoilers/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Notjing new but for those of us who enjoyed the issue below is a link to an enthusiastic video review of Storm & Wolverines X of Swords issues:

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...oira-spoilers/
    Thanks!!!!

As a fan of Storm it was a well written story, but super contrived, as many have said. But as a fan of the Storm and BP pairing, as well as the Black Panther mythos, I didn't like the story set up it self. As someone suggested, this "sword" should have been connected deeper with Storm's own roots and not barrow from BP, especially creating something that is so important to Wakanda not seen before, all to forced a dramatic split with Storm's only real connection.
    It might have been better if that sword was a sacred artifact from her mother's people and was created by Ashake. All the same drama could have been used, with her taking something so important from a culture she has a connection with, while deeper going into that said culture that has only been mentioned but never expanded on. And if she had to fight someone, it could have been magical priestesses, who could have been distant cousins or whatever.
    If they wanted to add the Black Panther or Shuri, maybe one of them could have accompanied her but when it came to taking the "sword" they wouldn't agree with her methods.

But with the story we got, at worst, it made her an enemy of the State, at least it has made BP look weak and or a liar if he keeps such an important secret from his people. But too many of his staff knows and I doubt it would stay a secret for long. BP better pray that Storm brings it back, all in one piece. Yet, even if she do, I can't see her being welcomed in Wakanda after all this, even after saving the world.

I didn’t know that the sword was not already part of the BP/Wakanda history.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.