Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s not like Storm is getting well-written relationships either...
    Agreed and co-signed lol.

Storm was not even worth a footnote in Old man Logan's final moments when he went through his LIST of love interests.....again.....Storm fans like that .

Storm fans claim she is in an "abusive" relationship....but guess what BP loves her with ALL that he is not using storm like a z-list wet napkin to scratch the sexual itch of random X-Men.

No real passion

No relationship duration

No devotion

Nothing!!!!

Storm being a fellow warrior knows and has made hard decisions herself.

X-faction has been throwing jabs at BP for ages yet BP has NEVER retaliated..... instead...it just showed them that it can make $1.3bn on his FIRST solo movie performing better than all X-Men films including the acclaimed Logan.

This recent issue is further proof that X-faction continues to throw jabs.

BP gave Storm looooong overdue developments which the X-faction REFUSED to give her for decades.

The X-Men at this point has become a hyperbole of what they claim to be in terms of meaningful inclusivity of diversity... not supeefluous characters used to tick a quota.

I'm pretty sure in the Old Man Logan universe he never had a relationship with Storm, in fact it's a plot point in Extraordinary X-Men because Ororo resented this fact.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If you think the dramas bad now wait till Storm probably is introduced via Wakanda in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    There were entirely too many plot holes for this issue to really make sense, with communication being the primary one. The most technologically advanced nation in the MU and they are unable to contact T'Challa? Telepaths of high order all over Krakoa and with the urgency of the matter did she seek to utilize them to reach T'Challa? Ororo is so pressed on time that she is unable to wait 12 hours to allow Tchalla to return, yet upon meeting at the rendezvous point there are still seven other swordbearers not even there? Also, when throughout this characters' history has she not exhausted every possible tool in her arsenal to save and protect everyone with regard shown to those she cares about? In AvX, the Phoenix was on its way back to earth, the avengers and xmen were fighting on Utopia and she still wanted to find a way to where both sides could work together to find a solution. During Xmen world apart she didnt turn her back on the Wakandans to save her mutant family who were being targeted by Shadow King. She fought for a solution right up until the very end where all was lost but she used her cunning to eventually save them all. On IvX, she didnt say f#ck the inhumans because mutants were on the brink of extinction. She took every option necessary so that both sides of that battle could be protected. Also its very unbelievable that for characters who fought together to defeat a skrull invasion, as well as fought an intergalactic threat led by Killmonger could not work together to find a mutually beneficial solution to a made up sword that didnt exist in the Wakandan mythos prior to this issue. This story's purpose was to create conflict where there was not any and if it had not been sloppily told it could have been more effective at depicting the division the writer was wanting to create.
    Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    You know,the whole argument you guys are making is just so *LAUGHABLE*. You *IDIOTS* want to see to a *REAL WORLD VERSION OF WHAT THE T'Challa/Ororo RELATIONSHIP WOULD BE LIKE AFTER ALL THAT HAD HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM?

Just look at the relationship between Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer towards the end. Do you clowns actually think those two would have actually have gotten back together again for any reason?

And would anyone who was actually sane and claim to care for either of them would've wanted them to?
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If you think the dramas bad now wait till Storm probably is introduced via Wakanda in the MCU
    Ya know I know next to nothing about Storm and BPs marriage but no lie I looooove reading the interactions between the two fandoms. If I get too hot enjoying the shade they pull off so slickly is a good way to cool down
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

I don't think that will be a thing now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not ever black person dying to see black on black love either. I saw that from my parents. I guess that's the one spot I really veer off I'm interested in love but not really in comics more tv comics u can do without. And I know there is not a lot of representatikn for black on black love but it's not really something I personally care about. I prefer a well written relationship over people being together just because they black.
    Here,here. Especially when that "LOVE" is as *TOXIC* as shown in the comics in question. We're all better off without this sick example of so-called love.
    Last edited by c-lei; 10-10-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.ndjonesparanormalpleasur...ers-13-review/

another great review on how this issue grossly missed the mark. I love to see it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think that will be a thing now.
    Well they may not do the romance if they decide not to use Tchalla anymore, but I do think she'll show up from that "world" if that makes sense.

How on earth is their relationship toxic? It nowhere near anything like toxic. Sometimes badly written, yes. But toxic? There are tons of other X relationships that are way more toxic than BP/Storm

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    How on earth is their relationship toxic? It nowhere near anything like toxic. Sometimes badly written, yes. But toxic? There are tons of other X relationships that are way more toxic than BP/Storm
    I think 'toxic' is code for 'I dun like it, so it's the debbil.'

I didn't love the Black Panther / Storm relationship, but neither did it kill my puppy (and it certainly didn't seem disrespectful to either character). I just didn't feel it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Because they aren't toxic. Yellowjacket and Quicksilver were toxic. Neither Ororo nor T'Challa are on that level.
    "Cable was right!"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    its not toxic. that is why they avoided answering your question lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It was mid 90's but Synch and Monet
    Didn't he die again?

Not ever black person dying to see black on black love either. I saw that from my parents. I guess that's the one spot I really veer off I'm interested in love but not really in comics more tv comics u can do without. And I know there is not a lot of representatikn for black on black love but it's not really something I personally care about. I prefer a well written relationship over people being together just because they black.

Why can't it be BOTH?

Folks are asking why can't this be shown. What is this issue against showing black couples?

Bumblebee has been married to Guardian at DC for years. We never saw the wedding. Before New 52 Doom Patrol broke them up. Rebirth sent him to the house and she kept on having adventures.

Once again why is this such an issue to show a black couple. That is the gripe folks have.

A well written couple can't be written if they are NEVER written about in the first place. Folks are asking to see a black couple that is actual written decent.

Because this is what it looks like NOBODY in the comic book industry has enough skill or talent to write a black couple.

But we can see Archie run through Veronica, her cousin, Betty, Cheryl, Sabrina, Katy Keene and Valerie at Archie Comics. Yet Chuck Clayton has nobody. Because Nancy found her a woman to be with. Even Jughead got women chasing after him. Topaz, Sabrina, Ethel and who knows who else.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Didn't he die again?
    Synch is currently in the hostile territory of the Children of the Vault's accelerated time field home where either duplicating X-23's regenerative powers or Darwin's reactive evolution powers are keeping him alive while the CotV no doubt try to kill the trio of invading mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've said it before and Ill say it again...Suspension of Disbelief seems to no longer be a prerequisite for some readers.
    I can't speak for others, but mine is burned out. I mean there is only so much SoD i can give...i think it was Dan's Slott run of Spider-man that did it.