Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly. do we know for sure he was actually there for 24hrs? I will be curious to see if the other swordbearers are as cavalier and pressed on time as Ororo was in this issue.
    I think a crucial point is that they think we would believe Storm would spend the whole first day trying to call Tchalla. If it was any of us, we'd be through the gate to WK seconds after the hearing the proficy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Yeah, in his book he said he wasted 24hrs already. He was still in Japan at the time.
    oh ok. well considering 1 day had passed for him, she could have been back sometime day 2 I would assume. so maybe one could argue the urgency made this critical; however, this sword didnt need to be in wakanda it could hsve been anywhere as the item didn't exist prior to this story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think a crucial point is that they think we would believe Storm would spend the whole first day trying to call Tchalla. If it was any of us, we'd be through the gate to WK seconds after the hearing the proficy.
    hell no she wouldn't. not how she came to Wakanda ready to lara croft their a$$es lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I say she had the full third day maybe. Logan spent 24hrs in Japan and what feels like a few hours in hell, but time works differently there so it may have on been seconds.

I'm thinking she need at least 3 hours to pull if the theft. And that being generous since it looks like it took 45min to an hour.

But it's all going to come down to how it plays out with the other seven.
    There's no numerical passage of time in the Wolverine books. You have to guess the passage of time from the art.
    He has to fight Silver Samurai for the info on either day 0 or 1. Then he's in Shinjuku in the morning JPN time, then at the Kyoto temple in either the morning or afternoon then it's night time when he reaches Yokohama and the book doesn't show whether he makes the hike up Mount Haku on the same night or if it's the next night.

Marauders doesn't show which day Storm was granted an audience with Ramonda and Shuri but if she makes back after Logan it could be the afternoon of the 2nd or 3rd day.

EDIT: Alright I found the panel in X-Force. So at least 24 hours had passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I was saying If there was prep ,key word is IF , normal decorum if she was not even Wakandan was to expect that with prep his absence would not go beyond 24 hours. The fact that she is Wakandan, could have made him more relaxed not to rush precisely because she is Wakandan. I read the book and so yes even if Ramonda says a few days fine..but there was way to communicate it was urgent without resorting to something as sacrilegious as what Storm did, it's just poor writing especially when he is shown to come in hours not days as initially mentioned.

You don't seem to follow my train of thought.My argument in the beginning was Saturnine said 3 days, even I surmise that Logan's trip took a day at least ,I was lenient giving him hours because of Krakoan gate tech and usual lore basics that you can be in hell for 5 minutes but you can feel you've been there a week so all those are logical excuses for Logan to take hours at the very least to get Muramasa(that he was there less than a day perhaps the last day before the tournament to make Storms haste valid) BUT if indeed he took 2 days it still compounds Storm's unnecessary haste and for what? To show up and not have another 7 swordsmen there? What was all Storm's fuss about then?
    You said you read the book but you still overlooked that Ramonda and Shuri turned her down after Storm told them an army of mutants from another world were going to invade. You also seem to think the Krakoa gates work like Illyana's. There's at least one gate in Japan and Logan most likely had to travel to all those locations through conventional means. Logan and Storm are one of the few who don't have their swords compared to Cable and Doug so that would add some urgency.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-09-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's no numerical passage of time in the Wolverine books. You have to guess the passage of time from the art.
    He has to fight Silver Samurai for the info on either day 0 or 1. Then he's in Shinjuku in the morning JPN time, then at the Kyoto temple in either the morning or afternoon then it's night time when he reaches Yokohama and the book doesn't show whether he makes the hike up Mount Haku on the same night or if it's the next night.

Marauders doesn't show which day Storm was granted an audience with Ramonda and Shuri but if she makes back after Logan it could be the afternoon of the 2nd or 3rd day.

You said you read the book but you still overlooked that Ramonda and Shuri turned her down after Storm told them an army of mutants from another world were going to invade. You also seem to think the Krakoa gates work like Illyana's. There's at least one gate in Japan and Logan most likely had to travel to all those locations through conventional means. Logan and Storm are one of the few who don't have their swords compared to Cable and Doug so that would add some urgency.
    My fault, it was the opening pages of Xforce.

I think going forward the problems in this story will either be more or less sensible. They gave us a ticking clock of 3 days, and had 1 day pass in Wolverine and here. If you assuming both left right away to get their swords, then a full day has passed, leaving everyone else with 2, or 1 and a half. And that's assuming time is passing just from what's been off panel; they're warping all over the world and in different timezones and everything. And with this many writers split between this many books, there could easily be errors and mistakes. If the other stories take longer or ignore the timeline from other writers, it can really mess with things. When you give readers a specific timelimit as a ticking clock, it draws a lot of attention to the details. If Storm did all of this when its still day 1, its a different sense of urgency then if its the end of day 2.

And then there's the issue of how big of a threat the Arrako forces are. We don't even know what their actual goals are. We know they are conquering Otherworld, but why is it an Earth problem? If their beef is with Krakoa and Apocalypse, why do they care about Earth? Are they even actually invading the rest of the planet? And if they are, are they really that much more of a threat than the Cotati? The armies from War of the Realms? Narration is building them up, but the same could be said for the Final Host, and they were a whole lot of nothing. If at the end of the event the Arrako army, or even just the swordsmen they fight, go down like a bunch of losers, that makes all this questing and desperate measure look more ridiculous.

If some of this has been more clear in the books, that's fine. I'm finding all of this really confusing. And having so much of the event boil down too "a magic lady is just making them do things in this specific way" feels ridiculously contrived and a cheap excuse for drama like this issue.

...and a quick question... Hasn't Krakoa already bonded with Arrako? But how? What? Confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    And then there's the issue of how big of a threat the Arrako forces are. We don't even know what their actual goals are. We know they are conquering Otherworld, but why is it an Earth problem? If their beef is with Krakoa and Apocalypse, why do they care about Earth? Are they even actually invading the rest of the planet? And if they are, are they really that much more of a threat than the Cotati? The armies from War of the Realms? Narration is building them up, but the same could be said for the Final Host, and they were a whole lot of nothing. If at the end of the event the Arrako army, or even just the swordsmen they fight, go down like a bunch of losers, that makes all this questing and desperate measure look more ridiculous.

If some of this has been more clear in the books, that's fine. I'm finding all of this really confusing. And having so much of the event boil down too "a magic lady is just making them do things in this specific way" feels ridiculously contrived and a cheap excuse for drama like this issue.
    I feel like an attack on Krakoa showing how destructive the bad guys are would be great, perhaps showing that real damage to Krakoa itself. As far as I can see, every mutant can be resurrected... except Krakoa itself.
    And the stakes for the rest of the world haven't been really started by the bad guys, either. Do we really know what they want beyond revenge against Apocalypse? What is the state of the mutant / demon alliance? It's still early but there is too much left to be exposed about the bad guys, and I hope it is quickly. There are 22 parts to this for frell sake. Get there soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

First of all they told her to wait for Tchalla, they did not turn her down because that decision was not theirs to make

Queen Mother said ' ..if it were up to me I would grant your request.The fate of your people and the world are worth the risk of the anger ,but I cannot.My son will return in the next few days ,you can ask him for what you need'

Now that was said during day time and at night Storm was ready to steal it(probably that same night) we are not told what day of her being in Wakanda it was, it's funny because Tchalla shows up hours away not days away..there is just no indication that all this took more than one day.She told Shuri they'd continue their spat over the next day's breakfast but they didn't so she was stealing the same day she got there.

As for Wolverine fine there could be one gate to Japan most likely in Tokyo luckily the data page has Logan's itinerary Shinjuku is in Tokyo,Yokohama is according to Google 30 minute drive by car,Kyoto is 2 and a half hour train ride.Mount Haku is the furthest and is 7 and a half hours away from Tokyo by either car or train( and a little over 3 hours by plane as per Google) .Knowing how impatient Wolverine is, and considering Council would likely spare no expense-he'd have money to do it as fast as possible so I wager he can do all that travelling in 24 hours easy, 48 would be at a snails pace so I stick to 24 but you also ignore the fact that even if this done through day 2 of the three days and even if Ororo and Logan are standing there on the third day where are the other swordsmen?
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-09-2020 at 09:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pretty much. They said he would be gone for days but he was back that evening. If only she had waited an hour
    No. It was long past time she got on with her life and moved on,leaving T’Challa behind. There's no future in clinging to the past.
    Last edited by c-lei; 10-09-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    No. It was long past time she got on with her life and moved on,leaving T’Challa behind. There's no future in clinging to the past.
    then for goddess sake let her leave the xmen. thats the biggest baggage she really has.

BANNED

then for goddess sake let her leave the xmen. thats the biggest baggage she really has.
    At least she tries. That can't be said of this version of T’Challa.
    Last edited by c-lei; 10-09-2020 at 11:25 PM.

The same could be said of Wolverine, Kitty, Sunspot, Magik, etc. There's a lot of X characters who would be a lot more interesting if they got away from the X men. Hell, making Shatterstar a landlord for refuges from other universes in his recent mini made him sooooooo much more interesting for me. Same with Domino and Hotshots.

Astonishing Member

I think going forward the problems in this story will either be more or less sensible. They gave us a ticking clock of 3 days, and had 1 day pass in Wolverine and here. If you assuming both left right away to get their swords, then a full day has passed, leaving everyone else with 2, or 1 and a half. And that's assuming time is passing just from what's been off panel; they're warping all over the world and in different timezones and everything. And with this many writers split between this many books, there could easily be errors and mistakes. If the other stories take longer or ignore the timeline from other writers, it can really mess with things. When you give readers a specific timelimit as a ticking clock, it draws a lot of attention to the details. If Storm did all of this when its still day 1, its a different sense of urgency then if its the end of day 2.

I totally understand your frustration , my gripe is we are somehow made to believe it is all Saturnyne's game which actually makes it silly.It would be far better if the Citadel in Creation was shown to have a meeting between her and Roma Regina, Countesses ,Mad Jim Jaspers and all the other representatives all giving input how to go about it, even if they are bickering and then you have Draydor guy fly in would be a much better way to sort of work out that in the essence of time she wants a combat tournament seconded by some rejected by others.Right now on the one hand you have her steam rolling everything with her own tricks and out of the 10 realms only Arrako and Dryador are under Arraki control.

So it's not that big a deal I mean Avalon has a reality warper as king, the Arraki should be toast by any stretch of imagination especially now that the Arraki can get to Krakoa only through Avalon.It seems haphazardly contrived at least for now, maybe they will correct discrepancies retroactively but I feel they should have set this up well in Creation as good as it was ,that issue could have been even better

The same could be said of Wolverine, Kitty, Sunspot, Magik, etc. There's a lot of X characters who would be a lot more interesting if they got away from the X men. Hell, making Shatterstar a landlord for refuges from other universes in his recent mini made him sooooooo much more interesting for me. Same with Domino and Hotshots.
    lawd...
    GrindrStone(D)