Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    Must be a Ororo and T’Challa shipper. I personally think it's a good idea to take steps to finally put an end to what is really a quite unhealthy and (abusive) relationship.
    I was more in favor of her and Logan but it is cute you assume i am such.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not quite the Storm-story I was hoping for...I wanted a Raiders of the Lost Arc-type adventure...but I really enjoyed the one that I was given. Decisive, will-full, powerful, independent...this is the Storm I know and love.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    Unfortunately for you, what happened in this story makes perfect sense when you toss in Ororo's and T’Challa's Unhealthy and Toxic (abusive) relationship into the mix, which is what Vita pretty much did.

Your singing and dancing around this doesn't change anything one little bit.

And no, there is really is no legitimate conversation to be had about why they were hired to do this particular issue and the optics surrounding it.
    LMAO

10char
    "Cable was right!"

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Best Storm story I read in a very long time
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Nothing of note but some insight into Vita’s approach to the story. I would love for them to continue writing Storm.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...1845316824/amp

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    So... they get their swords and just sit there waiting for other people to come by?
    dont fret, if they ever need the toilet yana's got portals.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Nothing of note but some insight into Vita’s approach to the story. I would love for them to continue writing Storm.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...1845316824/amp
    Yupp. Same here.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

While reading this issue, I found myself sharing some of the online criticism specific to the implied urgency -- especially with T'Challa showing up promptly after Ororo obtains the blade.

If King Tee was expected to return "soon" and "soon" ended up being the literal amount of time that Ororo needed/took to traverse the many security obstacles then good grief gurl get a grip! I mean, Illyana and Logan are just haaaanging out waiting around for the rest of the sword bearers to bear swords.

But THEN the logic fairy came tap tap tapping at my window and explained some logistics to me.

Ororo's sense of urgency IS warranted. She stated how she'd had past difficulties specific to T'Challa's reliability when it came to punctuality. That's not a dig at King Tee -- the man is BUSY. He's got a LOT going on. Mad Respect. But it does inform Ororo's decision to dismiss the Royal Family's request for time. Ororo's working with a clock. She's got places to be and baddies to stab.

Additionally, the previous argument about Illyana and Logan hanging out? They're not hanging out. I mean, yes, they are. They ARE sitting there waiting BUT they aren't spending the amount of time between ISSUES that we readers are experiencing, waiting there for the rest of the sword bearers to show up. This "waiting" is much more likely to be within a window of HOURS -- not days/weeks, like we readers are experiencing. And I don't recall if it was explicitly stated if there was a "Be sworded by 7pm" or some such instruction with the prophecy Lorna gave but I can most definitely see how everyone involved is likely tense with anticipation because MURDER INVASION IMMINENT so....

TLDR: Yay Storm. Sorry T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I was more in favor of her and Logan but it is cute you assume i am such.
    Hopefully we never go there again.

Sticking her with Logan would be a disservice.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

To me since Storm seems to be a persona non Grata in Wakanda now, she should NEVER ever be a diplomat of Krakoa in any other capacity.She just lacks the tact or decorum.Hell if they want to burn bridges anywhere maybe they should send her to Arrako..

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    While reading this issue, I found myself sharing some of the online criticism specific to the implied urgency -- especially with T'Challa showing up promptly after Ororo obtains the blade.

If King Tee was expected to return "soon" and "soon" ended up being the literal amount of time that Ororo needed/took to traverse the many security obstacles then good grief gurl get a grip! I mean, Illyana and Logan are just haaaanging out waiting around for the rest of the sword bearers to bear swords.

But THEN the logic fairy came tap tap tapping at my window and explained some logistics to me.

Ororo's sense of urgency IS warranted. She stated how she'd had past difficulties specific to T'Challa's reliability when it came to punctuality. That's not a dig at King Tee -- the man is BUSY. He's got a LOT going on. Mad Respect. But it does inform Ororo's decision to dismiss the Royal Family's request for time. Ororo's working with a clock. She's got places to be and baddies to stab.

Additionally, the previous argument about Illyana and Logan hanging out? They're not hanging out. I mean, yes, they are. They ARE sitting there waiting BUT they aren't spending the amount of time between ISSUES that we readers are experiencing, waiting there for the rest of the sword bearers to show up. This "waiting" is much more likely to be within a window of HOURS -- not days/weeks, like we readers are experiencing. And I don't recall if it was explicitly stated if there was a "Be sworded by 7pm" or some such instruction with the prophecy Lorna gave but I can most definitely see how everyone involved is likely tense with anticipation because MURDER INVASION IMMINENT so....

TLDR: Yay Storm. Sorry T'Challa.
    I also think Storm was considering the risk of waiting. Is it worth risking the world, potentially waiting until it’s too late, for the preservation of the relationship with King T etc.?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I also think Storm was considering the risk of waiting. Is it worth risking the world, potentially waiting until it’s too late, for the preservation of the relationship with King T etc.?
    That point is a little disingenuous, Saturnine said 3 days , now there is no countdown timer telling us she had 24 hours, with Krakoan gates time becomes less an issue ESPECIALLY when Saturnyne seems to have time as her pet jumping through hoops at her whim.Arrako and the tournament do not exist or seem to line up to earthly time so I don't see what her rush is for.Unless we are given explicit clues that everything is time bound then maybe she has a case but I doubt.One clue is yes everyone has to put their sword to open the portal but does it mean they all have to do it at once? On the panel we see three of them ready but the other 7 are nowhere to be seen .Also do they all fight concurrently ? Because that is also an issue if they fight in turn ,then that could buy every champion who are not say the first 3 some more time.

I still think Storm could have waited a few hours she just pushed it for her own reasons in the guise that she is doing it for the world.I don't see anything to show it is as urgent as anything less than 24 hours is catastrophic
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-09-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Maybe it’s a subject of opinion but if I learned that everyone I know was going to die, but I can take steps to try and prevent it, I wouldn’t be sitting around just because I could risk leaving it to the 11th hour, even if I offended a few people in the process.

24 hours or 48 hours, I would consider the end of the world and the death of everyone urgent from the moment I hear about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Maybe it’s a subject of opinion but if I learned that everyone I know was going to die, but I can take steps to try and prevent it, I wouldn’t be sitting around just because I could risk leaving it to the 11th hour, even if I offended a few people in the process.

24 hours or 48 hours, I would consider the end of the world and the death of everyone urgent from the moment I hear about it.
    I see your point, but her urgency was incredibly hollow.Magik already had her sword so she was ready, as I said Krakoan gates mean even far away swords can be procured from every corner on earth pretty fast, so Wolverine could have gotten Muramasa within hours of Magik and yet even when Storm ,Magik and Logan are all there , 7 fighters are still not ready so what was the urgency for especially when we ourselves don't know how long the tournament itself takes? Storm was impatient for no reason, maybe she feels making Wakanda a long term enemy is worth the risk, but I think her being compassionate for the world is itself smoke and mirrors, she doesn't give a damn about humanity only Krakoa and Wakanda and yet she is ready to put both communities dear to her at opposite ends? Just bewildering

A lot of the Krakoa stuff has fallen flat for me because the characters seemed off...like their dialogue was almost interchangeable...but this felt like the X-Men to me. We done.