Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I didn’t know that the sword was not already part of the BP/Wakanda history.
    Nope. It and the retcon it created on Wakanda's origins was created out of thin air this issue (in a non BP book no less) for the sole sake of creating drama. That's what BP fans like me have a problem with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    As a fan of Storm it was a well written story, but super contrived, as many have said. But as a fan of the Storm and BP pairing, as well as the Black Panther mythos, I didn't like the story set up it self. As someone suggested, this "sword" should have been connected deeper with Storm's own roots and not barrow from BP, especially creating something that is so important to Wakanda not seen before, all to forced a dramatic split with Storm's only real connection.
    It might have been better if that sword was a sacred artifact from her mother's people and was created by Ashake. All the same drama could have been used, with her taking something so important from a culture she has a connection with, while deeper going into that said culture that has only been mentioned but never expanded on. And if she had to fight someone, it could have been magical priestesses, who could have been distant cousins or whatever.
    If they wanted to add the Black Panther or Shuri, maybe one of them could have accompanied her but when it came to taking the "sword" they wouldn't agree with her methods.

But with the story we got, at worst, it made her an enemy of the State, at least it has made BP look weak and or a liar if he keeps such an important secret from his people. But too many of his staff knows and I doubt it would stay a secret for long. BP better pray that Storm brings it back, all in one piece. Yet, even if she do, I can't see her being welcomed in Wakanda after all this, even after saving the world.
    Maybe karma will help and have her face Isca in the tournament so that they can do a character reset.Otherwise her actions to me are not fitting of a council member, she needs to go

Magneto and Xavier are lying to everyone. A doing all kinds of shady stuff. Sinister too. Nevermind Mystique over there plotting, Exodus indoctrinating the youth. The Hellfire season are killing each other. But Storm is too much? Please.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Magneto and Xavier are lying to everyone. A doing all kinds of shady stuff. Sinister too. Nevermind Mystique over there plotting, Exodus indoctrinating the youth. The Hellfire season are killing each other. But Storm is too much? Please.
    Maybe because Storm shouldn't be in that same category as the ones you mentioned perhaps?