Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So all of this would’ve been solved if she had wrung up T’Challa? We love needless violence
    What is an X-Men book without taking an opportunity to show animosity between black men and women..😏. Two things guaranteed to never see is regular black on black love, and strong black male mutants leading. The funny thing is I call out anyone to prove me wrong.

Oh and props to Loli i haven't been his biggest fan but he did a good job bringing out the emotions of the script such as Storm and Shuri's goodbye etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I have read it. And I have read everything with Monica Lynne. They hated her because she's an Outsider. Even T'Challa would not break that taboo. Blood would run in the streets if he gave her the cure (which they have and are hoarding).
    This makes me me wonder. Have there ever been any Wakandian characters that dies of cancer. I mean i guess it's a moot question there are a lot of wakandian characters but they don't really have a main vantage point as they are support and background.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What is an X-Men book without taking an opportunity to show animosity between black men and women..��. Two things guaranteed to never see is regular black on black love, and strong black male mutants leading. The funny thing is I call out anyone to prove me wrong.
    This is the X-office, was there ever any doubt lol? Especially on black male mutants. Except Gentle, I wish it was him instead of Rockslide. Wonder if he's still allowed in Wakanda after this with the gate destroyed.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes me me wonder. Have there ever been any Wakandian characters that dies of cancer. I mean i guess it's a moot question there are a lot of wakandian characters but they don't really have a main vantage point as they are support and background.
    No. None of them die of cancer. It is very suspicious.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    ...and while she didn't do anything too impressive in terms of her powers I think she did a great job capturing Ororo's thieving skills.
    Is this an integral part of a Storm story? Do Storm fans expect or desire a steady drip of impressive power usage?

BANNED

LMAO Imagine being the one who pushed Storm to be a swordbearer just to take a dump on her relationship with T'Challa. This is what happens when you give free rein to Ayala. Oh well. Art was good and the dialogue was good for the most part and at least Ayala presents the dynamic between nations well enough, but this really leaves a bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is the X-office, was there ever any doubt lol? Especially on black male mutants. Except Gentle, I wish it was him instead of Rockslide. Wonder if he's still allowed in Wakanda after this with the gate destroyed.
    I doubt avita would have gotten any X-Men book if she didn't first make a blood pact to uphold these x-office truths, lol.

Mighty Member

dkrook, that doesn't make her sound like the ally she claims to be...

I wasn't reading BP but I always got the impression Coates made BP and Storm completely trusting of each other. I'd really like to know what she was thinking. Maybe she doesn't like the pairing and thats fine, but it seems like she didn't even acknowledge it in a way.

That's my issue, not that they're being broken up but that their relationship is now being sacrificed for horrible plot convenience. Reminds me too much of AvX, which also soured me on them.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 10-07-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Is this an integral part of a Storm story? Do Storm fans expect or desire a steady drip of impressive power usage?
    No but this is a visual action driven medium so impressive or innovative uses of characters' powers is appreciated. As I said in the post you're responding to, the lack of anything impressive with Storm's powers didn't hinder my enjoyment of her character at all. This wasn't that type of issue and we got to see other aspects of Storm.

Mighty Member

The relationship between Wakanda and Krakoa isn't salvageable. But man, man is the story contrived and I just hate contrivances unless they're very well set up to explain why people don't do the sensible(for them) thing to do.

BANNED

Damn, folks are already flinging wild accusations to defend Ayala. They chose poorly and the dialogue is pretty in line with what their usual output. I guess everyone else in editorial has to be a filthy racist to prop up a bad POC writer.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    dkrook, that doesn't make her sound like the ally she claims to be...

I wasn't reading BP but I always got the impression Coates made BP and Storm completely trusting of each other. I'd really like to know what she was thinking. Maybe she doesn't like the pairing and thats fine, but it seems like she didn't even acknowledge it in a way.
    Next time he needs to pick up the phone.

I was thinking "Well, if T'Challa isn't going to come back in time Storm is justified, it's the fate of the world."

But when it turns out that T'Challa was a few hours away, it was "This is dumb."

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    No. None of them die of cancer. It is very suspicious.

Wakanda already has a cure for cancer, it just doesn't want to share it with the rest of the world. It's canon.
    Last edited by Glio; 10-07-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was thinking "Well, if T'Challa isn't going to come back in time Storm is justified, it's the fate of the world."

But when it turns out that T'Challa was a few hours away, it was "This is dumb."
    That’s the point. Black Panther does not love Storm. Period. He’s goofing around with Kazar and Moon Knight and refuses to take Storm’s calls. That’s what this story is about. What is that can’t wait a few hours when your “beloved” texts you 911?