Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Yeah, I'm not getting the Storm blame here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And she knew that how? They told her days. And if she said days in her message, they tested her. Well can't be mad at the answers to an open ended quiz. I don't blame them but she made the choice they were trying to force her to. On one end it was very clear by the words Vita wrote wakanda was testing storm loyalty to it by making her wait when tchalla was a phone call away for Wakanda,
    But what about how this ignores Coates work? I'm not a huge fan of Storm with anyone (I kinda of like her with everyone) but I don't like when current storylines on other Marvel books are ignored. If they want to break them up, then do so, but give us a reason that makes sense based on whats going on in other books.

Fantastic Member

LOVED Storm in this issue she definitely told BP what was what and i was glad he's been needing some shade thrown back at him for divorcing Storm back in AVX so im glad she put him in his place once he started all that Wakanda could be your people again crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    She didn't know when T'Challa would return and T'Challa missed her first few calls, so she broke in the first day and decided not to wait at all. Makes sense...
    She knew what she had to do and she didn't hesitate doing it personal feelings be damned. Sounds like Ororo to me.

I enjoyed this issue but would have liked it more if they gave Storm a more noble and elegant solution then just being in a rush. She could've figure out there was no way accepting the blade from Wakanda's royal family twihout heavy consequences for them, so stealing it would have been the only solution for her to have the sword and still not harming Wakanda's inner politics. She would be the only one to blame. And I guess Shuri would have accepted that.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But what about how this ignores Coates work? I'm not a huge fan of Storm with anyone (I kinda of like her with everyone) but I don't like when current storylines on other Marvel books are ignored. If they want to break them up, then do so, but give us a reason that makes sense based on whats going on in other books.
    It doesn't? This fits neatly into the continuity that t'challa and storm have been slowly building a relationship back up.

Incredible Member

Wakanda never recognized Krakoa, they were never allies.
    Last edited by Milici; 10-07-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It doesn't? This fits neatly into the continuity that t'challa and storm have been slowly building a relationship back up.
    Ok, I don't read anything outside of XMEN, but from what I've read, Storm now has strong ties not only to BP but also Wakanda in general. Storm fans who read BP, have always given me the impression Storm's storyline in BP is actually even better than BP's. That she's treated as a Goddess by Wakanda, so this issue doesn't explain all that current history. This issue makes it seem (at least to me) that Storm is more of a distant ally of Wakanda. This is not even about BP to me (as I said I don't care much about non-X characters).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I mean not openly. I don't think it's any secret that their cordial alliance with each other was solely based off of Tchalla and Storm's feelings for one another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    That's demonstrably false. They didn't take Krakoa's drug deal, that in no way means they didn't recognize Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She knew what she had to do and she didn't hesitate doing it personal feelings be damned. Sounds like Ororo to me.
    Ororo can be ruthless when need be, but this doesn't seem like she explored all her options -- the big one being just waiting -- and so the tension seems contrived.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That's demonstrably false. They didn't take Krakoa's drug deal, that in no way means they didn't recognize Krakoa.
    It does mean they're not allies though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ok, I don't read anything outside of XMEN, but from what I've read, Storm now has strong ties not only to BP but also Wakanda in general. Storm fans who read BP, have always given me the impression Storm's storyline in BP is actually even better than BP's. That she's treated as a Goddess by Wakanda, so this issue doesn't explain all that current history. This issue makes it seem (at least to me) that Storm is more of a distant ally of Wakanda. This is not even about BP to me (as I said I don't care much about non-X characters).
    It doesn't. But it also doesn't openly contradict anything that happened in Coates run either ( which is about as close as we're going to get to a confirmation of his run being canon when it comes to the X-office unfortunately).

It's cheap drama to inject into their relationship but Vita manages to "mostly" pull it off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ororo can be ruthless when need be, but this doesn't seem like she explored all her options -- the big one being just waiting -- and so the tension seems contrived.
    Of course it's contrived it's a fictional story contrivance is a daily occurrence. But it's also not outside the realm a possibility of how her character would react to a situation like this.

The good thing about this issue is I don't think it paintstorm 100% in the right and I don't think it paints her 100% in the wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It was one of the few UN counrtries that did not recognized Krakoa, is on paper, there were votes, is a fact.