Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    somebody gets it!! thank you. imagine had a wakandan came to Krakoa to steal one of their plants to save dying wakandans? I'm pretty sure xfans would be ready to pop off.
    What?! You never even heard of this sword before today.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    somebody gets it!! thank you. imagine had a wakandan came to Krakoa to steal one of their plants to save dying wakandans? I'm pretty sure xfans would be ready to pop off.
    Yeah those were some colonizer antics. At least Wakanda's a fictional country because all the real countries that get their treasures stolen from them under the guise of "we deserve them more than you" smh.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

While an impressive showing for Storm, I’m really not sure how I feel about them basically having one of the few X-Men who still had a connection to the human world burning said bridge. Everything about the contrived nature of the setup made the whole outcome predictable. Because God forbid any X-Men sans Wolverine has ties to anything beyond the X-books during this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While an impressive showing for Storm, I’m really not sure how I feel about them basically having one of the few X-Men who still had a connection to the human world burning said bridge. Everything about the contrived nature of the setup made the whole outcome predictable. Because God forbid any X-Men sans Wolverine has ties to anything beyond the X-books during this era.

They can always build off her Cairo and Kenya connection

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Yes, she may even be connected to one of these villains ancestrally.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

People keep going on about "why couldn't Storm just wait?"

The Swordbearers of Krakoa only have "a few days" to get their swords and make it back to the stones.

Queen-Mother said Black Panther wouldn't be back for a few days. Storm doesn't have that long to wait and then negotiate. It's not even a guarantee she can get the sword that night -- for all she knows, she may get caught and need to break out of holding to attempt it again, or something.

Black Panther shows up early and unexpectedly by everyone.

Is it really that complicated?

This issue just strikes me as drama for the sake of drama when their was no need this issue just wasn't for me seemed cheap IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain
    They can but will they?

It's not like they didn't have the opportunity to do so the last 30 or so years, but outside of like one Storm mini these connection have never been explored.

Wakanda is more reliable as a connection because it exists outside of Storm and cannot be as easily ignored.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I really don't get the Storm criticism. She had a definite timetable, 3 days no more. She asked first and was told that she needed to wait. The problem with waiting is that if she runs out of time they forfeit and lose. She wasn't told she had to wait a few hours, or wait until dawn, it was wait a few days. Now Storm was a badass thief in this issue and was able to make everything work without too much difficulty (still awesome) but what if she had run into complications? What if she had run into Wakandan security measures she hadn't know about that slowed her down even more? What if they realized it was her earlier and destroyed the gate before she got to it and she needed to make it to Krakoa without a convenient gate? She just may have ended up needing more time that she didn't have.

You do remember that this has her stealing a national treasure from freaking Wakanda, its not like that should be thought of as a walk in the park. She made the hard choice that cost her personally but served the greater good and it was the best decision she could make with the knowledge that she had at hand. The idea behind the plot, and I think Vita did damn well all things considered was show heroes in conflict without demonizing or hitting one with the idiot ball. Desperation, necessity and not having the right information is not plot induced stupidity.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-07-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    People keep going on about "why couldn't Storm just wait?"

The Swordbearers of Krakoa only have "a few days" to get their swords and make it back to the stones.

Queen-Mother said Black Panther wouldn't be back for a few days. Storm doesn't have that long to wait and then negotiate. It's not even a guarantee she can get the sword that night -- for all she knows, she may get caught and need to break out of holding to attempt it again, or something.

Black Panther shows up early and unexpectedly by everyone.

Is it really that complicated?
    Waiting at least shows she cares, the Wakanda royalty were literally pleading with her to show patience. She can't even do that and literally steals it the first chance she gets. Alternatively she could have taken another option or planned out a way to both get what they want (the royal family absolving themselves of responsibility for the sword going missing for example).

And what do you know, they were right to do so since BP literally shows up in a few hours.

Also pkingdon brings up a good point, there isn't really an established sense of urgency. Arroko is a very ambiguous threat right now. They literally lived in Limbo with hordes of demons, why would they be intimidated by this demon army or new horsemen?

>I enjoyed this far more than Wolverine vs The Hand in Hell v.4.1 and v.4.2.
    >Kitty's pirate cosplay is ridiculous.
    >Great art. The white and black costumes were beautiful.
    >I liked that both sides knew this theft was coming but tried their best to avoid it.
    >Shuri's side eye!
    >Steal that sword, Storm! When the First Horsemen devastate Earth, Wakanda would just throw up its force field and fly off into space, leaving everyone else behind to die. They care nothing for the rest of the planet. That isn't to say that Krakoa is being all noble and selfless here, either, but at least they're fighting for themselves and everyone else [by extension].

Favourite panels...
    m1.jpg
    m2.jpg
    m3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-07-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Yes, she may even be connected to one of these villains ancestrally.
    Though Storm's kenyan and not egyptian, they could have some she knew connected to Apocolypse.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Though Storm's kenyan and not egyptian, they could have some she knew connected to Apocolypse.
    She is Egyptian. We’ve even met her ancestor Ashake in ancient Egypt.

For me, the fact that T'Challa let her take the sword without much argument kinda made me feel it wasn't that big of a deal in the end.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This issue just strikes me as drama for the sake of drama when their was no need this issue just wasn't for me seemed cheap IMO.
    That’s what happens when the entire true motive of the issue is just to break off Storm’s relationship with T’Challa and Wakanda. They even had Shuri give that line about how they had finally gotten their relationship back to a place of mutual respect and affection and it’d be a shame for something to come between that. She could have easily explained to T’Challa about the situation especially since he even said that he would do anything for her yet in the end, it was basically a line about her people despite earlier her mentioning that the world was at stake. On top of that, the whole thing of him never having time for her just came across as a fabrication of this issue just to create some kind of existing rift between them. I don’t know if it was editorial mandate or just the writer but the conflict was forced and cheap.