Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >I enjoyed this far more than Wolverine vs The Hand in Hell v.4.1 and v.4.2.
    >Kitty's pirate cosplay is ridiculous.
    >Great art. The white and black costumes were beautiful.
    >I liked that both sides knew this theft was coming but tried their best to avoid it.
    >Shuri's side eye!
    >Steal that sword, Storm! When the First Horsemen devastate Earth, Wakanda would just throw up its force field and fly off into space, leaving everyone else behind to die. They care nothing for the rest of the planet. That isn't to say that Krakoa is being all noble and selfless here, either, but at least they're fighting for themselves and everyone else [by extension].

Favourite panels...
    Attachment 101234
    Attachment 101235
    Attachment 101236
    Krakoa is fighting because they caused this whole situation, the world is in peril because of the actions of mutants. They can't point to those "awful" humans and lay any blame, this is all on them. And now they're going around demanding assistance and outright stealing to fix their problems. Mutants truly are their own worst enemy. I sincerely hope that Wakanda takes a more militant stance towards Krakoa going forward, basically a cold war approach. And T'challa better start developing anti-Krakoa plans and contingencies.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The fact that T'Challa ordered the gate to be burned should be considered a big deal, though. It breaks the connection between the two countries for no other reason than plot contrivance. Even with T'Challa saying that Krakoa's emissary might come back if he ever allows it.
    That gate never should have been there in the first place, since Storm isn't the only mutant on Krakoa. What if Sinister or Apocalypse decided they needed some spare vibranium in the middle of the night. I know they would be dealt with, but still. If not even Storm could be reasoned with or trusted, from their point of view, why keep the gate? Destroy it. Both sides acknowledge that the relationship will need reparing. But it's not as if they're screaming "Death to Ororo!"
    Last edited by SugarMan; 10-07-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Exactly this! There are a million and one examples of Storm being more thoughtfully aware in tense situations and having almost impeccable discernment. This was low key trolling. I thought better of Vita, I guess she's working to earn that trash status star like other X-Men writers not named Hickman.
    yea this was seriously not a good look not at all.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Its right here in black and white
    1.jpg

and here

2.jpg

The fate of Krakoa and the world is at stake.
    She has little time and cannot wait.

They have 3 days to get their swords and meet, it doesn't say how much time was spent before she went to Wakanda, and she says right there that she needs to be back "soon". We know that she "called" but never heard back from Black Panther. We also know that Wolverine took at least a day, probably longer, and got back before her so the assumption she still has 3 days from the start of this book is seemingly misplaced.

We know that this is a cause of conflict and strife between her and Black Panther... so what? Conflict is at the heart of plot and opens up more stories to be explored. They didn't say "never again" or "you are dead to me now" or anything like that. It seems that people are leaping to conclusions.

I'm going back to the fact that what I'm most impressed with is that they developed a conflict between heroes without making someone look petty or stupid, that's very rare for Marvel.

Also, when Storm said she couldn't wait for him to decide to make time for her, he didn't have an answer because he knew he was wrong for that part. And since he likely would have given the sword anyway, there was nothing else to do or say, but let her take it. They both understand duty over personal feelings, so any hurt over trust should be overcome, eventually. That is if the writers allow it. Not everything makes sense in comics.

They really could have just replaced the sword thing with the fake and no-one would have noticed or cared.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Just real quick on these bits, since the rest didn't really get any traction.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    7. Yes Magik a single X-Men could keep an entire dimensions worth of demons at bay probably with added help. You are not helping your case here.
    You might say Magik has some power over Limbo and its inhabitants, and it uniquely qualified to manage them.

The hordes in Arrako are not from Limbo, or related to Limbo, so far as we know.

I repeat the urgency, especially with gathering the swords as Storm returns to Wolverine and Magik and they are literally sitting in a circle doing nothing, is flimsy at best.
    They can't do anything about the Arrako problem yet -- they have to wait until it's go time. Are you even reading the books?

What are they supposed to do until then? What is your expectation to convey higher urgency? Should they be pre-carbing? Ripping pre-workout drinks while blasting music to psyche themselves up? Getting hammered at the tiki bar?

Zzzzzz...

A little late to review since work got busy but here are my thoughts regarding Marauders #13. I get that it was a fun read with some nice art and I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying it, especially as a Storm fan but let’s at least be real here. Nothing that happened in this issue had to happen at all. Storm waited 2.5 minutes before she decided to risk it all to be a messy Lara Croft. T’challa could have and should have been reached immediately what with all of their tech and the urgency of the matter. The “he ignored my calls” is such a pedestrian excuse for who these characters are and the access they have to each other with their high profiles. You’re telling me Queen Regent Ramonda didn’t have an emergency direct line to the king of Wakanda? -__- All the more to say it really wasn’t a good look for Ororo to see that if she had apparently just waited 30 extra minutes, T’challa would have arrived and just given it to her. You’re telling me he wouldn’t contact her after all the “missed calls” on his way back? Shuri, a genius and once Black Panther and Queen would be caught having to confront Ororo with a knife? ORORO?? She kept reiterating “I am who I am and I know what I must do” but how smart does it make her look to now have garnered enmity from not only the nation of Wakanda as a whole in their view of Krakoa/mutants but also to unnecessarily distance herself from T’challa and the Royal Family, who are not only beloved kin but more importantly allies of the highest priority? And at the end of it all was the 30 minute delay really “too long to wait” when she arrives back on Krakoa and now gets to sit on her ass and WAIT for the other seven swordbearers? Come on.

It was great to see Ororo in action. It was great to see her handle her business. It was great to see her use some of her lesser utilized powers. I just wish the story that encompassed all of those things wasn’t the most contrived and utterly unnecessary story of the year. I hope there was some foresight for this other than just splitting them up because a man spent years thoughtfully repairing their relationship, slowly and respectfully via scenes with depth and tenderness and to tear it all down for a one off sword heist tale? Idk just rings as disrespectful to me. I’m not even the biggest, most unwavering T’choro fan though I do enjoy their relationship but Jesus, the man’s run wasn’t even allowed to play out in its entirety yet. Was it for this issue to take place? Because if it was? That was a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    She wasn't, she'd already made her up mind what she was going to do and was biding her time. That's what tipped Shuri off. Storm's arguments were pretty bad and she didn't attempt to compromise with her at all.
    I disagree with your first suggestion. As for the second, why should Storm be worried about compromising when the whole world hangs in the balance? I think it's kinda silly to blame Storm for not bowing to bureaucracy when she has to save the world lol.

We get it X-office, you don't want Ororo to be with T'Challa or have any connections to Wakanda, but the least you could do is create a conflict that's not so contrived and easily avoidable. How strongly could the Wakandan people possibly feel about a sword that just sits in a secluded vault all day where nobody can even see it?! There are numerous ways that Skybreaker could have been given to Storm without the public ever knowing. No need to burn so many bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Just real quick on these bits, since the rest didn't really get any traction.

You might say Magik has some power over Limbo and its inhabitants, and it uniquely qualified to manage them.

The hordes in Arrako are not from Limbo, or related to Limbo, so far as we know.
    Limbo and the X-Men haven't always been on the same side. I'm not seeing what is unique about the Arroko army, if anything Otherworld itself is more threatening then they are.

They can't do anything about the Arrako problem yet -- they have to wait until it's go time. Are you even reading the books?

What are they supposed to do until then? What is your expectation to convey higher urgency? Should they be pre-carbing? Ripping pre-workout drinks while blasting music to psyche themselves up? Getting hammered at the tiki bar?

Zzzzzz...
    Once again the point flies over your head, they have to wait so why was Storm rushing? Why didn't she show some patience and maybe see it pay off? But no, she acted impulsively and embarrassed herself instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi
    I disagree with your first suggestion. As for the second, why should Storm be worried about compromising when the whole world hangs in the balance? I think it's kinda silly to blame Storm for not bowing to bureaucracy when she has to save the world lol.
    Except that's exactly what she did in IvX and the situation was far more dire with a literal cloud killing mutants as it roamed the planet. If the situation was presented similar to that I would understand Storm doing this.

Instead it's a magical tournament hosted by a Majestrix that could use some humbling and a vaguely intimidating repeat of the 4 Horseman with some demons... we are not given much reason to rush.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-07-2020 at 02:29 PM.

This was an interesting issue. Not sure about the outcome but at least she got her sword.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    We get it X-office, you don't want Ororo to be with T'Challa or have any connections to Wakanda, but the least you could do is create a conflict that's not so contrived and easily avoidable. How strongly could the Wakandan people possibly feel about a sword that just sits in a secluded vault all day where nobody can even see it?! There are numerous ways that Skybreaker could have been given to Storm without the public ever knowing. No need to burn so many bridges.
    The X-Office will happily burn bridges and throw shade but when they want to give Storm a boost we know which country they'll go to lol. This wasn't even the end of this subplot, Storm will get her time to shine again and it'll likely be in Wakanda. Because for a woman who doesn't need T'Challa she stay getting upgrades and character development in his kingdom.

But I think this was a solid issue in terms of Storm's voice and skills. The art was also very decent so overall I'm happy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    A little late to review since work got busy but here are my thoughts regarding Marauders #13. I get that it was a fun read with some nice art and I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying it, especially as a Storm fan but let’s at least be real here. Nothing that happened in this issue had to happen at all. Storm waited 2.5 minutes before she decided to risk it all to be a messy Lara Croft. T’challa could have and should have been reached immediately what with all of their tech and the urgency of the matter. The “he ignored my calls” is such a pedestrian excuse for who these characters are and the access they have to each other with their high profiles. You’re telling me Queen Regent Ramonda didn’t have an emergency direct line to the king of Wakanda? -__- All the more to say it really wasn’t a good look for Ororo to see that if she had apparently just waited 30 extra minutes, T’challa would have arrived and just given it to her. You’re telling me he wouldn’t contact her after all the “missed calls” on his way back? Shuri, a genius and once Black Panther and Queen would be caught having to confront Ororo with a knife? ORORO?? She kept reiterating “I am who I am and I know what I must do” but how smart does it make her look to now have garnered enmity from not only the nation of Wakanda as a whole in their view of Krakoa/mutants but also to unnecessarily distance herself from T’challa and the Royal Family, who are not only beloved kin but more importantly allies of the highest priority? And at the end of it all was the 30 minute delay really “too long to wait” when she arrives back on Krakoa and now gets to sit on her ass and WAIT for the other seven swordbearers? Come on.

It was great to see Ororo in action. It was great to see her handle her business. It was great to see her use some of her lesser utilized powers. I just wish the story that encompassed all of those things wasn’t the most contrived and utterly unnecessary story of the year. I hope there was some foresight for this other than just splitting them up because a man spent years thoughtfully repairing their relationship, slowly and respectfully via scenes with depth and tenderness and to tear it all down for a one off sword heist tale? Idk just rings as disrespectful to me. I’m not even the biggest, most unwavering T’choro fan though I do enjoy their relationship but Jesus, the man’s run wasn’t even allowed to play out in its entirety yet. Was it for this issue to take place? Because if it was? That was a choice.
    all of this and I mean it all is spot on! both of you are hitting it out the park well except the parts about not being a T'choro fan lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Gentle reminder that Vita Ayala uses they/them pronouns.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules