Extraordinary Member

Default Izuku Midoriya vs. Shinra Kusakabe

Two young men who dream of becoming heroes face off in the arena.

Current versions of both characters (minus any injuries obviously) and no Adolla Link for Shinra.

U.A. Academy student with One For All against Fire Force Soldier with the Devil's Footprints.

Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Two young men who dream of becoming heroes face off in the arena.

Current versions of both characters (minus any injuries obviously) and no Adolla Link for Shinra.

U.A. Academy student with One For All against Fire Force Soldier with the Devil's Footprints.

Who wins?
    I was about to say that this would've been a curbstomp in Shinra's favor since Adolla Link has obsensibly turned Shinra into the Flash now. Without it, I still say that he has an advantage in speed over Deku, plus wider range game and more experience in aerial maneuverability.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I was about to say that this would've been a curbstomp in Shinra's favor since Adolla Link has obsensibly turned Shinra into the Flash now. Without it, I still say that he has an advantage in speed over Deku, plus wider range game and more experience in aerial maneuverability.
    Shinra should have the advantage in speed, but Deku is no slouch in that department either, now being able to outpaced Gran Torino of all people. And I don't know if I agree with Shinra having a wider range game, Deku has his air bullets for distraction and disorientation, impressive force blasts for general damage and knockback and Black Whip to possibly catch Shinra with.

I don't think that either of them has the durability for a prolonged brawl though. They can seriously mess each other up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Shinra should have the advantage in speed, but Deku is no slouch in that department either, now being able to outpaced Gran Torino of all people. And I don't know if I agree with Shinra having a wider range game, Deku has his air bullets for distraction and disorientation, impressive force blasts for general damage and knockback and Black Whip to possibly catch Shinra with.

I don't think that either of them has the durability for a prolonged brawl though. They can seriously mess each other up.
    *looks at current arc of MHA*

Deku might not have the durability, but he certainly has the soak

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    *looks at current arc of MHA*

Deku might not have the durability, but he certainly has the soak
    That is absolutely true. The kid can really push himself through the pain.

However, I don't think he's actually taken a direct hit this entire arc. So it's still mainly Deku who is messing up Deku. It's nowhere near as bad as it was at the start of the series (kid can fire off multiple 100% smashes with his arms and still keep moving). But he's done most of his current damage.

But again, if he gets a hit in on Shinra, Deku can really mess him up. The same applies for Shinra as well.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm assuming that, without the Adolla Link, Shinra is denied his lightspeed ability, right?

Even then, I'm really scratching my head on speed feats for Izuku that put him anywhere near to Shinra's raw speed, flight and manoeuvrability.

Heck, Shinra is also stupidly durable. In his fight with Captain Burns they were smashing each other through multiple floors of rebarred concrete and he was pretty much fine afterwards. No lasting injuries beyond bruises, just very tired. Obviously 100% cowl is hitting hard than that but Shinra isn't going to go down easy.

Also, Deku isn't fire proof. A lot of characters in Fire Force are so the raw power of the explosive flames that they throw around is sometimes not really given the impact it deserves. Shinra is faster, has better flight options and is durable enough that nothing short of a direct hit from Deku is going to get his attention. I'm not seeing him winning this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm assuming that, without the Adolla Link, Shinra is denied his lightspeed ability, right?

Even then, I'm really scratching my head on speed feats for Izuku that put him anywhere near to Shinra's raw speed, flight and manoeuvrability.

Heck, Shinra is also stupidly durable. In his fight with Captain Burns they were smashing each other through multiple floors of rebarred concrete and he was pretty much fine afterwards. No lasting injuries beyond bruises, just very tired. Obviously 100% cowl is hitting hard than that but Shinra isn't going to go down easy.

Also, Deku isn't fire proof. A lot of characters in Fire Force are so the raw power of the explosive flames that they throw around is sometimes not really given the impact it deserves. Shinra is faster, has better flight options and is durable enough that nothing short of a direct hit from Deku is going to get his attention. I'm not seeing him winning this.
    what Speed Range does Shinra hang in?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    what Speed Range does Shinra hang in?
    A little tricky to say.

In his base form he's capable of maximum spider-ing a guy by zipping off of the walls, floor and ceiling multiple times while the guy is falling through the air, he then learns Rapid and gets the ability to easily blitz most normal people and can pretty much instantaneously blast hundreds of feet into the air on his first use of it.

His Rapid is shown to be no big deal to Giovanni, then he smack talks about his brother and Shinra gets mad and becomes fast enough to overwhelm him quite easily.

Then he learns Hysterical Strength/the flames of life and gets another blanket upgrade to his stats. Where he was pointedly outclassed by Burns in all areas in their previous matches, with Burns only ever operating at stage one, Shinra pushes him all the way to Stage 5 and beats him.

The only caveat to that is that Burns took the view that he wouldn't dodge anything Shinra threw at him and would just try to block it. Even so, Shinra got past his guard a bunch of times.

All of those feats are without Adolla being in play.

I've been rereading the series and I think there's another powerup somewhere for him but I think he's more than fast enough to deal with Deku.

Also, just an observation, dude is ridiculously durable. Between his fights with Burns and Charon, he's eaten repeated really hard hits and just kept on trucking.