Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ok, I was totally prepared to yawn at Solem as yet another Wolverine foe. I ended up liking him. A lot. I hope he sticks around the MU after this.

So... two things. One.. why is Logan shocked someone could have adamantium skin when Cyber exists. Sure, it’s not as obvious as Cyber, but it isn’t the first time. Second.. it wasn’t until now that I found out Mariko was alive again. I remember back in the 90’s when she was killed, but I haven’t read as many comics in the last ten years..

What's surprising to Logan, I think, is the fact that he has adamantium skin in a way that looks "natural."

Adamantium is an alloy of various metals, not something natural. If Solem's power is truly "my skin is made of adamantium," it could well be an indicator that he is the origin of adamantium.

If it was just somehow grafted onto your skin with magic or very advanced technology it wouldn't be so intriguing.

Fantastic Member

I'm just confused on how in all of this, Laura's armor hasn't factored in. It could've definitely been reforged in time for the contest

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I'm just confused on how in all of this, Laura's armor hasn't factored in. It could've definitely been reforged in time for the contest
    Because Logan would have had to carry a suit of armor that is not his size to Hell.

Mighty Member

Great outing for Logan but I don't get his gripe with Krakoa, shouldn't he be reading Apocalypse the riot act instead. Apocalypse caused this situation Krakoa just wants to be reunited with its other half. Also this serves as a reminder that despite the all-powerful QC, the omegas, the Five and mutant unity as a whole; ultimately it comes down to "Krakoa" itself as the true power. The mutant nation exists because Krakoa allows it, the miraculous drugs exists because Krakoa produces it. Xavier and company better hope they don't piss off Krakoa because if "he" ever decides enough is enough then bye bye mutant nation.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Great outing for Logan but I don't get his gripe with Krakoa, shouldn't he be reading Apocalypse the riot act instead. Apocalypse caused this situation Krakoa just wants to be reunited with its other half. Also this serves as a reminder that despite the all-powerful QC, the omegas, the Five and mutant unity as a whole; ultimately it comes down to "Krakoa" itself as the true power. The mutant nation exists because Krakoa allows it, the miraculous drugs exists because Krakoa produces it. Xavier and company better hope they don't piss off Krakoa because if "he" ever decides enough is enough then bye bye mutant nation.
    Logan's pissed at Krakoa because it was the one that demanded the gate stay open after the council voted to close it. We've also had a few panels showing his overall distrust with Krakoa over the last year, so it fits imo. Besides, with Xavier and magneto already berating Apocalypse in X factor, this is a nice difference. I'm sure we'll get plenty more Apocalypse shaming throughout this event though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Logan's pissed at Krakoa because it was the one that demanded the gate stay open after the council voted to close it. We've also had a few panels showing his overall distrust with Krakoa over the last year, so it fits imo. Besides, with Xavier and magneto already berating Apocalypse in X factor, this is a nice difference. I'm sure we'll get plenty more Apocalypse shaming throughout this event though
    I feel like this was the first time that Wolverine actually blamed Krakoa the persona all the other times I think he was just mainly disagreeing with the way Xavier and Magneto were running things.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I feel like this was the first time that Wolverine actually blamed Krakoa the persona all the other times I think he was just mainly disagreeing with the way Xavier and Magneto were running things.
    Well there were the panels of him hunting some sorta wild animal while telling Jean Grey not to let her guard down
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What's surprising to Logan, I think, is the fact that he has adamantium skin in a way that looks "natural."

Adamantium is an alloy of various metals, not something natural. If Solem's power is truly "my skin is made of adamantium," it could well be an indicator that he is the origin of adamantium.

If it was just somehow grafted onto your skin with magic or very advanced technology it wouldn't be so intriguing.
    Yeah, that’s how I read it too. He was surprised because apparently it was some sort of adamantium mesh, like “micro-fibrous chainmail” as per Solem. Never seen that before.

The first time Logan agrees with Xavier and Magneto and Krakoa comes and challenges the vote, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The first time Logan agrees with Xavier and Magneto and Krakoa comes and challenges the vote, lmao.
    Just wait until Krakoa crashes the Hellfire Gala and refuses to go home even after the party has clearly wound down.

Nah, there have been a few panels which have indicated how uncomfortable he is on the island, mainly in X-force and Wolverine. About not letting his guard down and not getting too comfy. It could be read as a general unease with the safety that Krakoa brings, but I've always kinda read it as him being dubious about everything (Krakoa being part of that). But it definitely hasn't been hinted at as bluntly as this before, so it's entirely possible I was just reading too much into it!

Amazing Member

Anyone else wondering how Muramasa is able to manipulate souls before this I just thought he was a human that learned to use magic to imbue soul into his swords and extend his lifespan but the story about him killing the bird make it seam to be more of an innate power so does he just have an innate ability to use magic or is he a mutant or a mutate or descended from some magical creature?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    why is Logan shocked someone could have adamantium skin when Cyber exists. Sure, it’s not as obvious as Cyber, but it isn’t the first time.
    Guy has been stuck in a pit for 100 years, which means he should have been there before adamantium or the adamantium bonding process was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Anyone else wondering how Muramasa is able to manipulate souls before this I just thought he was a human that learned to use magic to imbue soul into his swords and extend his lifespan but the story about him killing the bird make it seam to be more of an innate power so does he just have an innate ability to use magic or is he a mutant or a mutate or descended from some magical creature?
    I'm assuming he's a mutant now and that's his power.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.