Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm guessing solem asked who were the other sword welders.... I like him

Also mad Jim jasper being back won't end well
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 10-07-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Did enjoy getting to know more of War, and Solem though. Particularly Solem.
    Agreed. It was interesting seeing War distraught and frustrated. As a friend said, we're getting a lot of depth with the Arakki characters.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They should have just made this a double size issue of Wolverine.

Question: who is the artist that messed up on Pestilence design. Was it the Viktor guy?

I gotta admit, I like Solem.

I think the only thing that bother me was Wolverine's skeleton pulling itself out of the Hellfire lava. I was like, that's not how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They should have just made this a double size issue of Wolverine.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-07-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It was interesting seeing War distraught and frustrated. As a friend said, we're getting a lot of depth with the Arakki characters.
    Yeah I really hope at least some (besides Solem) stick around.

This might be favorite issue(s) in the event so far. Solid subplot with wonderful art from Viktor, and unlike today's Marauders, it actually respected Logan's history and relationships outside of the X-men. I though that Solem was going to be a try-hard 90's edge lord, but he's actually a fun character, kind of similar to Loki, and he's an interesting antithesis to Wolverine. They're both infamous killers, but Logan was hated, feared and treated like a monster for most of his life, while Solem was loved, worshipped, and lusted after.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Loved both of these issues. Solem is already a breakout star for me.

I'm very curious what Logan gave up for the sword.
    Do they explain why these new 2 swords have the same property as the one made by fussing Logan’s soul into it??
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Didn't enjoy either, I've had my fill of Wolverine and I purchased both hoping that the rest of the cast of this event would be featured. The first and last time I purchase an X-title without going to the review thread.

That aside I enjoyed Solem, but the story was not worth two issues, and certainly not worth the price of two books I thought each chapter would feature the cast and further the overall story, ala X-factor. Gross.

Yeah, this story wasn't worth 2 issues.
    The art was certainly more fitting with a dark fantasy story than X-Factor's.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So Solem had an affair with War's husband, Bracken, and they ended up fighting because Bracken didn't want Solem to move on. Solem then kills him to upset the wife...
    X-franchise stay messy LMAO
    The best thing about these issues. I can't wait for Solem to meet Iceman, much less Daken.
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-07-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Yeah, this story wasn't worth 2 issues.
    The art was certainly more fitting with a dark fantasy story than X-Factor's.
    The best thing about these issues. I can't wait for Solem to meet Iceman, much less Daken.
    Solem gonna break their heart don't wish this on them lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Solem gonna break their heart don't wish this on them lmao.
    Hearts aren't the only things he breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Marvel makes an event with sword users and Silver Samurai, Shatterstar, Psylocke and Nightcrawler aren't in it. For the first time ever I got Silver Samurai frustration he is like when else are you going to use me.

Solem was good, He lives up to the writers hype. How he like to play games is good for Wolverine villain.

These Arakki characters are fleshed out very well. They are equally unprepared for the tournament and their relationships with one another are just as complex and drama-filled as the X-Men. Already more interesting than the Black Order.

Logan actually had Daken and they were a family even for a short time? In the panel where Logan talks about his past and family we see him with his wife and baby Daken, but originally Itsu was killed while she was still pregnant and Logan never had time with his son. I don’t know if it’s a mistake or a retcon.
    Probably a mistake, i woulnd't mind if it turned out to be a retcon considering how bad that story truly is.

Overall, it was a solid arc, but it probably would have been better as an overzised Wolverine issue instead of using X-Force. The hightlight of the story for me was to see Mariko and Logan finally talking, even if it wasn't good.

Solem seems to be a decent enemy.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona