Default Gods who can create more than they can destroy.

Something that comes up every so often is this misconception that is one creates a universe, that means they can also bust it. As most of us know; that is not the case. Arceus is a great example of a being that has created an entire universe, yet be harmed, and taken out by astronomically less, while also being unable to destroy even an island, let alone a universe.

Anyone have any other examples of beings who can create universes being unable to destroy what they create and are harmed and/or even killed by far less?
    Last edited by Cody; 10-08-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, you're asking for a list of glass cannons, essentially?

Incidentally, Father couldn't create universes nor did he ever claim to be able to as I recall.

Also, he was punched in the face when his energies had been systematically worn down to the point where he was losing control of the "god" within him. He was, effectively at a fraction of his normal level.

If Ed had tried punching him normally, which he did, Father would have just disassembled him with his ambient alchemy field, which he did. That gif is hardly him operating at his peak.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-08-2020 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

Kami Sama from Ah My Goddess. Who has an army of Valkeryes to protect the fragile structure of his Creation and who has to overwrite different programs in order to interact with people. We've seen Yggdrasil threatened time and time again, and he either can't, or won;t fix the flaws in the system. If he had been the subject of Asura's wrath, the game would be over in 10min lol.

Contrast that with the Chousin from Tenchi Muyo, who precision engineered only-they-know how many universes to create the being more powerful than them.

And THEN there's the Lord of Nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, you're asking for a list of glass cannons, essentially?

Incidentally, Father couldn't create universes nor did he ever claim to be able to as I recall.

Also, he was punched in the face when his energies had been systematically worn down to the point where he was losing control of the "god" within him. He was, effectively at a fraction of his normal level.

If Ed had tried punching him normally, which he did, Father would have just disassembled him with his ambient alchemy field, which he did. That gif is hardly him operating at his peak.
    Not glass cannons, no. As Arceus cant dishout anywhere near planet busting energies let alone universal energies, but could still create a universe.

I'm talking about guys who can create far more than they could destroy. Like a white mage being able to bring back the dead yet can't kill or hurt anyone.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Not glass cannons, no. As Arceus cant dishout anywhere near planet busting energies let alone universal energies, but could still create a universe.

I'm talking about guys who can create far more than they could destroy. Like a white mage being able to bring back the dead yet can't kill or hurt anyone.
    But you asked for examples of people who can be hurt than way less than their total power level - Arceus and Father being your examples with a gif and all that.

That's glass cannons.

Now it's that you want... like... creation only, no destruction kind of people? That's a heck of a lot more specific.

Yeah. It started off as “ God like beings who can make more than they can break and can be harmed.”

Also if going by only makes and not break..

Hinduism Brahama takes it. Classic one anyway as it his his job to make. Only to make/remake. While Vishuu does hero stuff to preserve and Shiva wrecks ****

Buddha’s take of Brahama is that he is the only God that is real, in that he is a state of existence. All and everything from the other Gods, Byddha himself, you, me, etc are all split personalities of his state of being trying to find meaning as being the only being makes you cra cra. ( Nirvana is owning up to this, commotion ego death. So in Heaven you no longer suffer as you are not you anymore. Rather read or Ed back into the God fold.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    But you asked for examples of people who can be hurt than way less than their total power level - Arceus and Father being your examples with a gif and all that.

That's glass cannons.

Now it's that you want... like... creation only, no destruction kind of people? That's a heck of a lot more specific.
    Okay, so the Post itself didn't explain what I meant properly, I was in a rush, sorry. But to be fair, the title lf my topic is:
    "Gods who can create more than they can destroy",
    and the very first sentence is:
    "Something that comes up every so often is this misconception that is one creates a universe, that means they can also bust it."

I used the meteor thing hitting Arceus and the FMA thing as an example because I had the mindset of: "they can tank what they can dish out, but can create a lot more than they can destroy". I fixed the op to be more clear.
    Last edited by Cody; 10-08-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I still don't think Father meets that standard. Alchemy is generally just destroying something and then putting it back together again. Even with the philosopher's stone letting him bypass equivalent exchange... Do we have any evidence he was worse at destruction? I mean he made that little sun in his hands, but he also made it go away.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Earth's Kami-sama and the Elder Namek in Dragon Ball, who can create (and in Dende's case, heal) things way beyond their own power levels in terms of destruction. They're not on the Universal Level, but they fuel Dragon Balls that can easily resurrect entire planets and species, but do not have that level of direct firepower (well, maybe Dende might be able to do some severe planetary damage if his power boost from the first Namek Elder was big enough, but I don't know if he has ever used his ki offensively, and its likely still at least marginally below that needed to planet bust and way below his ability to fully refuel SSBlue Goku in the manga, though that explicitly took a lot longer than his normal power regeneration feats since it involved God-tier Ki).

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I pointed out Aslan, despite creating a universe, never blows up anything on the same scale (in the Last Battle, he just lets the Giants, and Time destroy the world when he's ready for it to go, IIRC) and everyone acted like I was crazy for suggesting his power to create might be greater than his power to destroy.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I pointed out Aslan, despite creating a universe, never blows up anything on the same scale (in the Last Battle, he just lets the Giants, and Time destroy the world when he's ready for it to go, IIRC) and everyone acted like I was crazy for suggesting his power to create might be greater than his power to destroy.
    Aslanis Jesus. (Damnit!!!)

Jesus is Christian God.

Christian God seems more than capable of wiping out what he wants at a given time. Just chooses not to. Bad presss. So yeah oddity there.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 10-08-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Asian is Jesus.

Sorry dude, too good to pass up, lol.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral